Carried myself to Platinum using Support Only. Ask away Supports.

#31DartDragoonPosted 1/30/2013 8:17:32 AM
I call bull**** on that OP. Show proof, because there have been soooo many games where I played support and no matter how good I was, an ADC that feeds and plays like **** will STILL make you lose the game.
---
GT: AstroZombie29
SF4: Vega BB: Arakune MK: Sindel UMvC3: TaskMstr / Haggar / Trish
#32pectus_umbraPosted 1/30/2013 8:19:11 AM
Loinator posted...
How can you have that many luck?

Being an almost non-factor in all games and still winning, do you have a pact with the devil?

^Doesn't even have a clue.
---
Tired of photobucket and imageshack? Ask me about dropbox.
#33Seant018Posted 1/30/2013 8:21:17 AM
PokeMaster posted...
What do you do when you're 0/5/40 and your team says you're feeding.
(Honest question)

I can answer this one. If you have that many assists, no kills, and only 5 deaths then you are doing everything right. In most cases this would mean you are initiating very well and your team is able to clean up. If they think you are feeding with 5 deaths than they must be low elo and not realize that your gold value is much lower per death and you are not stealing kills from carries.

That is 8 assists (kills for your team) per death which is quite admirable and hard to do if you are feeding

For ranked support players out there looking for some tips, I can throw out a few.

1. Ward! Do it all game, non stop. Get a sightstone, get purple wards. If your team is getting counter jungled, drop a ward at blue and the entrance to wraiths. Counterward their dragon/baron wards. Ward their jungle. Go crazy with it and watch the benefits of know where half there team is at almost all times.

If they are counterwarding you, get your jungler or mid to help gank them the next time they want to try that. If you just destroyed their ward with a purple and they want to come back and kill your ward, be prepared for it. Remember, they have no vision in that area and will not know they are about to get trashed for doing it

2. Zone their ADC if you are capable of it. Blitz/Ali are good examples of this. If you are pushing them away from the creep because they are afraid to get grabbed or popped up, you are denying them and helping your ADC get further ahead. If your ADC is at 100 creep and your zoned theirs out so that he only has 60~, that is better than getting 1 kill. If they try to force a move on your ADC, CC them and back up or kill them if you know you can. Early game kills are great but creep is very important at this point.

3. Poor ADC alternatives. First, if your ADC is terrible try to get more ganks from the jungler. Don't cry about it in team chat, just tell him you need ganks. If your ADC is still awful, just try your hardest to keep him alive, as well as yourself. If you know you are about to get ganked, ping him back and retreat yourself. If he stays pushed up and you got out, that is only 1 death, much better than sacrificing yourself for someone who is not going to listen.

So you had a poor ADC but we are in mid game now, great! Hopefully this means your team is doing alright and only the ADC is performing poorly. What I like to do here is find a carry that is actually putting in work. If mid is steamrolling people, stick to him like glue. Help push lanes, help set up a gank, etc. At this point I am talking almost non stop directing people, pinging them back, setting up targets and objectives, and so on. Your wards + a constant voice telling them where to move helps more than that worthless ADC.

Items! There is never a dead set build you should follow in any ranked game. If they have a fed melee top and ADC, get an Aegis. If your team has a lot of getaway, they aren't necessarily gonna need that Shurelya's first (or possibly not at all). Every game, I see what will help my team the most and I go from there.

Did I mention wards at all? Hopefully you are warding non stop, which will prevent ganks and allow your team to catch them by surprise.

I mainly support Taric and Sona but I can use others as well, and god forbid they let me on Blitz.
#34TheConductorSix(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 8:28:07 AM
DartDragoon posted...
I call bull**** on that OP. Show proof, because there have been soooo many games where I played support and no matter how good I was, an ADC that feeds and plays like **** will STILL make you lose the game.

You can't win every game. Accept it and move on. As long as your assists are much higher than deaths and your carry won lane you can be proud.
---
Realo won gold at the Sex Olympics with a BROKEN FRIGGIN NECK.-Voltch
#35Sword_SlasherPosted 1/30/2013 8:29:37 AM
What's the best things I can communicate to my solo queue support to increase chances of lane victory
---
Posted from my N-Gage
#36TheConductorSix(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 8:38:45 AM
This is the best question in this topic.

As a carry you should always communicate with your support. You are weak they are strong early on. They are weak you are strong late. You need to make this symbiotic relationship balance out. Tell them how you like to play but remember they control lane. If they're out their poking and harassing you need to join them.

Remember: its better to join in on them making a bad play than to let them die alone. They will feel betrayed and alone and that's when.the raging begins
---
#37Stalky24Posted 1/30/2013 8:39:35 AM
Lot of great stuff in this topic

My next question is Jarvan IV as support. My favorite lane to play is killlane so most of my games as support are as Ali and Leona. But recently I enjoy playing J4 since I find it easier and more consistent to land flag combo than other ccs and AS steroid from flag got better with AS item nerf. What do you think?
#38TheConductorSix(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 8:43:32 AM
Jarvan Leona best kill lane in game because Jarvan can legitimately AD carry. At level 3 they can 100 to 0 your ass without fear.

If you wanna try some AD supports go with Gsngplank or Lee Sin.
Some AP supports are Annie Syndra Leblanc
---
#39dennis941012Posted 1/30/2013 8:49:05 AM
I hate nunu and taric support
and I use Lulu, soraka, sona, and janna instead
but team rages at me for it
what to do
---
(>")> <(' ')> <("<)
~GameFAQs LoL Board Supreme Leader~> voted by http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=89123
#40flaminglinkPosted 1/30/2013 8:54:49 AM
How many wards should you try to have on the map?
---
http://gamercards.exophase.com/204819.png http://raptr.com/badge/Mistilteinn/fs_lastplayed.png