Carried myself to Platinum using Support Only. Ask away Supports.

#41TheConductorSix(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 8:55:59 AM
Every support is viable but some fit in better with certain team comps. Remember people complain about staleness but they only wanna see champions they always see. As a support use whatever you're comfortable with.

I often use Karma simply because I'm good with her and know how to bully opponents. I've put in the work and know my limits with her. I like the feeling of winning with under powered champions so I try harder.

People wanna see Nunu because he requires 0 skill. He guarantees your carry will be stronger if you stall and s Ice Ball guarantees no trading. He's dumb. Only support who gets first pick or ban.
---
Realo won gold at the Sex Olympics with a BROKEN FRIGGIN NECK.-Voltch
#42TheConductorSix(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 9:01:24 AM
The ward question is tough because it really has so many factors.

Who is their jungler
How many lanes are winning
Is your jungler invading or ganking
Are you dominating lane
Does your carry have escapes
Does your enemy lane have hard cc

I try and keep 2-3 in lane, 3 if my team is winning, 4-5 if losing.
---
Realo won gold at the Sex Olympics with a BROKEN FRIGGIN NECK.-Voltch
#43ZerowuPosted 1/30/2013 9:40:18 AM
IMO, more often than not it's the bad support that causes bot to lose lane. Too many times I have lost bot because my support doesn't know how to play. They don't zone and don't know when to be aggressive or passive against certain matchups.

I lost against a nunu vayne bot lane as Draven and leona. Leona hides in bush while I take harass from both. I keep making plays to whittle them both down to 1/2 health because we're a kill lane, but leona continues to hide in bush and not zone them. Honestly, it makes me mad how many people don't know how to play support. I know because I enjoy playing Leona because she snowballs adc the hardest if they're remotely competent and counters the popular thresh.
#44VrrrooomPosted 1/30/2013 9:52:50 AM
Which supports/AD would you recommend vs Ez/Zyra and how would I go about playing against this combo?
---
;)
#45WebBowserPosted 1/30/2013 10:12:48 AM
Vrrrooom posted...
Which supports/AD would you recommend vs Ez/Zyra and how would I go about playing against this combo?

If I may add to this question, how does one play against Zyra period? I try to step on her seeds when she plants them, but I either miss (somehow...) or get snared and eat a combo + a few plant auto attacks. If I ignore the seeds then bot gets pushed to tower and ADC gets out CSed. For the record I play mostly Taric though I am starting to pick up Nunu.
---
Best Nasus NA
http://www.twitch.tv/meakel/b/336894489#
#46xHateradePosted 1/30/2013 10:18:02 AM
You should join the gamefaqs chat and play games with us. Us good players welcome good players
---
GT:SephisticatedBest MW2 player on GFAQS
Haters gonna hate me cause they ain't me| Nuke on Every map
#47angermngment101Posted 1/30/2013 10:22:28 AM
Pretend you are the AD carry, what should the AD carry do, when your support is lux, and you are facing ez/sona, and all they do is poke the living **** out of you.
---
Gamefax
#48Suffer_NotPosted 1/30/2013 10:28:44 AM
As someone who mains support, I find myself agreeing with the TC.

I would further add that in low Elo, kill lanes and other aggressive supports will find the most success if you have a carry that can play in that style. At that elo the combination of kill gold, damaged morale, and the generally low mechanical last hitting will mean that whichever carry has lane dominance will be impossible for the other team to deal with.

At low elo, gold per 10 items are rarely worth it. They're investments that say "I am unlikely to receive enough gold for the end game unless I have more gold income." But at low elo and in several situations in high elo, it is better to purchase other items that will help you win your lane, since that will give you kills and assists and towers to make up that gold difference. Consider whether or not you'll want to buy a Philo Stone or a Chalice or parts of Aegis or whatever other item would best fit the situation you are in.

Having said that, I would still advocate Sightstone as a solid first purchase. At least until it's upcoming nerf >__>
---
http://i.imgur.com/7Wah6.jpg
I'm actually incredibly overly passionate and...whats the word...viscous? - EltoniaX
#49WebBowserPosted 1/30/2013 10:31:58 AM
Suffer_Not posted...
As someone who mains support, I find myself agreeing with the TC.

I would further add that in low Elo, kill lanes and other aggressive supports will find the most success if you have a carry that can play in that style. At that elo the combination of kill gold, damaged morale, and the generally low mechanical last hitting will mean that whichever carry has lane dominance will be impossible for the other team to deal with.

At low elo, gold per 10 items are rarely worth it. They're investments that say "I am unlikely to receive enough gold for the end game unless I have more gold income." But at low elo and in several situations in high elo, it is better to purchase other items that will help you win your lane, since that will give you kills and assists and towers to make up that gold difference. Consider whether or not you'll want to buy a Philo Stone or a Chalice or parts of Aegis or whatever other item would best fit the situation you are in.

Having said that, I would still advocate Sightstone as a solid first purchase. At least until it's upcoming nerf >__>

NoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo
---
Best Nasus NA
http://www.twitch.tv/meakel/b/336894489#
#50xDarknezzxPosted 1/30/2013 10:33:59 AM
good thread
OP, how come you dont like philo stone? doesnt that just put you really far behind the other guy, or do you just get kages instead?