Carried myself to Platinum using Support Only. Ask away Supports.

#51SeaIntoTheSkyPosted 1/30/2013 10:54:51 AM(edited)
TheConductorSix posted...
Topic: "Carried myself to Platinum using Support Only. Ask away Supports."

In one of your other topics you posted your IGN: BrandonFromLV
http://www.lolking.net/search?name=BrandonfromLV

Your elo is no where near 1850 needed to get platinum and you don't have a Platinum border from the previous seasons.

In fact your most played champion isn't even a support, it is Katarina at the moment with almost double the games of the second most played champion. Only 2 out of the top 5 of the most played champions are support characters.
#52omega bahumatPosted 1/30/2013 10:57:41 AM
WebBowser posted...
Vrrrooom posted...
Which supports/AD would you recommend vs Ez/Zyra and how would I go about playing against this combo?

If I may add to this question, how does one play against Zyra period? I try to step on her seeds when she plants them, but I either miss (somehow...) or get snared and eat a combo + a few plant auto attacks. If I ignore the seeds then bot gets pushed to tower and ADC gets out CSed. For the record I play mostly Taric though I am starting to pick up Nunu.

Pick Jarvan

wait for her to use E, then jump on her or her carry and kill them
#53hellraiser121Posted 1/30/2013 11:00:55 AM
Say that you are in a very low Elo and most of your AD Carries cannot last hit or are very hesitant to engage, how do you play that lane? I don't mind supporting, but it is rare to find a decent ADC in low Elo.

If this question was asked already I apologize. Just quote me the answer
---
Yeah I Am Just That Awesome. Write About It in Your Diaries Tonight.
The Legend of Dragoon>>>>>>>>>>>>FFVII
#54PokeMasterPosted 1/30/2013 12:35:28 PM
Seant018 posted...
PokeMaster posted...
What do you do when you're 0/5/40 and your team says you're feeding.
(Honest question)

I can answer this one. If you have that many assists, no kills, and only 5 deaths then you are doing everything right. In most cases this would mean you are initiating very well and your team is able to clean up. If they think you are feeding with 5 deaths than they must be low elo and not realize that your gold value is much lower per death and you are not stealing kills from carries.

That is 8 assists (kills for your team) per death which is quite admirable and hard to do if you are feeding

For ranked support players out there looking for some tips, I can throw out a few.

1. Ward! Do it all game, non stop. Get a sightstone, get purple wards. If your team is getting counter jungled, drop a ward at blue and the entrance to wraiths. Counterward their dragon/baron wards. Ward their jungle. Go crazy with it and watch the benefits of know where half there team is at almost all times.

If they are counterwarding you, get your jungler or mid to help gank them the next time they want to try that. If you just destroyed their ward with a purple and they want to come back and kill your ward, be prepared for it. Remember, they have no vision in that area and will not know they are about to get trashed for doing it

2. Zone their ADC if you are capable of it. Blitz/Ali are good examples of this. If you are pushing them away from the creep because they are afraid to get grabbed or popped up, you are denying them and helping your ADC get further ahead. If your ADC is at 100 creep and your zoned theirs out so that he only has 60~, that is better than getting 1 kill. If they try to force a move on your ADC, CC them and back up or kill them if you know you can. Early game kills are great but creep is very important at this point.

3. Poor ADC alternatives. First, if your ADC is terrible try to get more ganks from the jungler. Don't cry about it in team chat, just tell him you need ganks. If your ADC is still awful, just try your hardest to keep him alive, as well as yourself. If you know you are about to get ganked, ping him back and retreat yourself. If he stays pushed up and you got out, that is only 1 death, much better than sacrificing yourself for someone who is not going to listen.

So you had a poor ADC but we are in mid game now, great! Hopefully this means your team is doing alright and only the ADC is performing poorly. What I like to do here is find a carry that is actually putting in work. If mid is steamrolling people, stick to him like glue. Help push lanes, help set up a gank, etc. At this point I am talking almost non stop directing people, pinging them back, setting up targets and objectives, and so on. Your wards + a constant voice telling them where to move helps more than that worthless ADC.

Items! There is never a dead set build you should follow in any ranked game. If they have a fed melee top and ADC, get an Aegis. If your team has a lot of getaway, they aren't necessarily gonna need that Shurelya's first (or possibly not at all). Every game, I see what will help my team the most and I go from there.

Did I mention wards at all? Hopefully you are warding non stop, which will prevent ganks and allow your team to catch them by surprise.

I mainly support Taric and Sona but I can use others as well, and god forbid they let me on Blitz.

This was with a support Lulu with gp10 runes/masteries for fun.
I kinda just went cdr boots, ruby sightstone, kage, philosopher, and always carried 5 sight and 5 vision wards.
---
Japanese | Assume JPN Region, unless otherwise stated.
#55TheConductorSix(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 1:04:07 PM
Bot lane is not lost by supports or carrys. It's lost by teamwork. Whichever team works better with each other will win. Two 1600s could best 2 1900s if the 1600s played together and worked as a unit.

Besting Zyra involves punishing her with all ins after she misses a snare. If you let Ezreal Zyra whittle you down with pokes then you can never win because they have the ability to go from poke to all in at any moment. You have to punish them while your health is full. I use Leona so this is never a problem. One missed snare and I'm pressuring enemy carry away from cs.
---
Realo won gold at the Sex Olympics with a BROKEN FRIGGIN NECK.-Voltch
#56TheConductorSix(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 1:13:35 PM
If your support is Lux then you are dependent on her snares. Lux is like AP Blitz: wait for her stuff to land and then go balls deep. If she misses her skillshots you lose lane.

I use levels 1-4 to gauge my enemy and my carry. If I don't respect my enemy and kill them or feel like I can ill get Doran shield then Kindlegem on Leona. If my carry is passive or bad Mechanically or if my enemy support is good, ill go philo. There is no set build for aggro supports. Everything I build is based off the enemy.

For instance, if I'm way ahead with Leona I skip sight stone and by 2 pinks. One for dragon one for enemy brush. This not only gives us dragon control but.completely isolates my enemy to their turret. Nowhere else is safe because they know I can dive at any moment.
---
#57TheConductorSix(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 1:19:01 PM
hellraiser121 posted...
Say that you are in a very low Elo and most of your AD Carries cannot last hit or are very hesitant to engage, how do you play that lane? I don't mind supporting, but it is rare to find a decent ADC in low Elo.

If this question was asked already I apologize. Just quote me the answer

It's rough. You can't force your carry to be aggressive. If you notice them not harassing with you then pull back and play defensively and wait for the enemy to go on you.

Also don't over buy wards. If you're ahead and have summoners up then feel free to ease up on wards if you can get s decent item
---
#58TekutsoPosted 1/30/2013 1:23:48 PM
Why do you ignore everybody calling you out to see some statistics? Are you lieing?
---
"Every man is guilty of all the good he didnt do"~Voltaire
#59TheConductorSix(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 1:31:10 PM
For those looking for a quick bot lane guide let me provide this

Nunu has no counters. He's like Vayne in that all he has to do is go even in lane and he wins. He provides movement speed which is second to only range in value. The attack speed is just a sick bonus. He also has the ability to end all trades with one Ice Ball. He has the perfect late game kit and the perfect kit to stall til late game. The only way to best him is with great support play. Your AD can't do anything because lol Ice Ball you're dead. You have to out trade and position Nunu and force him to eat damage or all in. It's tough because some Nunu put 2 points into Q against strong lanes. In which case you can't stop him.

On the other hand, if you have the skills and Mechanics, Lulu can beat any lane. If you want some fun, run AD Reds on Lulu and just go to town on people level 1. Her Glitterlance auto attack harass is retarded as hell. Seriously, Lulu can play any lane. Her and Cait can Q entire waves in one go and knock down your turret in minutes. Her and Ashe can kite you infinitely. Her and Fortune can level 1 auto attack harass you back to base. She's got everything. Just takes lots of skill. Oh yeah, she has the single best support ultimate in game. True health unaffected by ignite. Stupid.
---
#60TheConductorSix(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 1:36:22 PM
Your generation has this weird identity crisis where you feel the need to defend yourself against even the most pointless of accusations when the best thing you could do is ignore them.

Basically I don't feed trolls. I'm here to help supports realize their importance.

So, in the words of Sean Carter, " you only get half a bar."
---