Free game... Age of players

#1xsabrewulfPosted 1/30/2013 2:33:32 PM
not a troll topic just a serious question.

I come from SC2 and I really enjoy watching LoL stream and high level play.

one thing stopping me is the fear of a lot of childish talking during matches in this game.

I know this happens in all games but does it happen more in this game with it being free?
#2NeoAndurilPosted 1/30/2013 2:34:21 PM
one thing stopping me is the fear of a lot of childish talking during matches in this game.

then don't play this game. even the 20 year olds are ten in this game
#3xsabrewulf(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 2:36:17 PM
Bottomline is does free games bring in more Childish players?
#4shadyelfPosted 1/30/2013 2:37:02 PM
I know this kid in my college group who has been permabanned twice in a year and his third account has just received its first ban. An extreme example but you might just encounter people like that. I had friends to play with when I started this game so I managed to avoid a lot of that during my climb to 30
---
?
#5The_WeegeePosted 1/30/2013 2:38:07 PM
I'm 16 and I think I'm a pretty mature player. >_>
---
Breloom is the satanic spawn of hell.-BahamutZero92
#6The_PwnisherPosted 1/30/2013 2:38:12 PM
This game attracts and brings out the worst in people. Easily the worst community I've witnessed.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EELhEguhU8M
#7ShadowD00mPosted 1/30/2013 2:58:30 PM(edited)
A lot of people act immature and talk childishly in this game, but they are also the people that are the worst players. Perform well and move past them and you won't deal with them as much anymore

Also no a free game doesn't attract more childish players, It's mainly just childish people are also kids and can't afford a cost paying game. A lot of childish players are also considered toxic, and when you act toxic in LoL you get reported. When you get reported, you will be sent to the Tribunal where people will read 5 cases of you being reported and vote to determine whether you are to be punished or pardoned.

So as I said people that toxic/childish will be sent to the Tribunal constantly and get Time Bans and eventually Permanent Bans and be forced to make a smurf/alt account. So move past them and see their numbers dwindle.
---
Gamer Tag: Ultimated00m
LoL IGN: Rezem
#8InterfusorPosted 1/30/2013 2:40:11 PM
Everyone is more childish than me, no givsies backsies I said it first!
---
I am not economically viable.
#9grand_commanderPosted 1/30/2013 2:40:25 PM
Definitely a collection of nasty people. The people who play bots seem to be pretty chill, but that's because your team has to be pretty lousy to do ever put any real pressure on you.
#10Master Of The DeadPosted 1/30/2013 3:01:06 PM
Even a lot of the Pros are childish, some have even been banned for such behaviours.
---
Gamertag: Dayy Hughes ~~~~~ Summoner Name (LoL EUW): Arcanine -----www.youtube.com/DayyHughes
http://i.imgur.com/jcW29.gif