ITT we think of a better mechanic than last hitting

#1SexualPizzaPosted 1/30/2013 2:41:03 PM
I have an issue with last hitting. Not necessarily strictly with this game, but with MOBAs in general. It just looks ridiculous moving around in circles until you essentially KS your own creeps . DOTA 2 is probably worse - at least their bots actually last hit, but the whole "moving in circles" thing just looks even more god awful in that game. If you've never played a MOBA before and saw this, you would simply think "wtf r they doing lol?" It's not just the aesthetics of it either. It's downright boring. Nobody has ever said "Man, it's so fun last hitting all these creeps! There needs to be more of this!"

I understand that it gives the player gold, and I also understand that the more skillful you are at this the more gold you can get; but there has to be a hypothetical mechanic out there that lets the player get gold based on skill that doesn't involve last hitting.

Perhaps the gold you gain can be based off the damage dealt to a creep, up to a flat amount for 1 shotting them outright? You would get more gold for pushing your creep wave, but it would also be riskier (prone to ganks). Problem with this is that gold gain isn't really based off of skill as much as a risk/reward kind of thing - and item prices would probably skyrocket.

Idk, that's the best I got, but does anybody else share my sentiments?
---
Best thing in life: Sex
Second best thing in life: Pizza
#2LaqOfInterestPosted 1/30/2013 2:42:37 PM
SexualPizza posted...
Idk, that's the best I got, but does anybody else share my sentiments?

no
---
R.I.P. Paintballreturns 1/29/2013
"hello i'm laqifunterest and you're watching dosney channel" - DarkestPanda
#3AnubisGhostPosted 1/30/2013 2:44:12 PM
play Guardians of middle earth

you don't get gold from creeps, only exp

you make a build before the game even starts

con of that is, you can't optimize your build to go against certain champs

but the mechanic isn't bad, and each hero kills multiple creeps at the same time...

so that's the only game I can come up with that doesn't use last hitting

league is a much better game though
#4MetleonPosted 1/30/2013 2:46:51 PM
I guess you could make you get the full gold from the creep as long as you do X% damage to it while it's alive. I wouldn't want to see it just handing you the gold for being close enough to a dying creep because that would make it extremely difficult to deny.

The one exception is jungle creeps, where I think it should stay with the last hitting mechanic so giving your jungler extra damage still works as does handing your blue buff off to your mid.

Anyway, I still like the last hitting system overall.
---
Generation 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your own signature (on any forum) and add one to the generation number. Social experiment.
#5aibohphobiaPosted 1/30/2013 2:47:45 PM
I was teaching my friend dota and he complained about creeping in the exact same way half a year ago

he didn't get into it
---
asdfghjklkjhgfdsa
#6xRustySpoonPosted 1/30/2013 2:56:11 PM
Denying.
---
Get destroyed.
GT/Steam: xRustySpoon Follow these tips and you'll be fraggin' like a pro.
#7dennis941012Posted 1/30/2013 2:58:07 PM
lowering mana cost on some champions might do the trick
using spells to clear out wave
---
(>")> <(' ')> <("<)
~GameFAQs LoL Board Supreme Leader~> voted by http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=89123
#8KosukeKGAPosted 1/30/2013 2:58:23 PM
Denying
#9_SNAGRAT_LIEPosted 1/30/2013 3:04:39 PM
Instead of having to kill minions for gold, you are forced to play a game of bejewled, each match gives you a certain number of gold, experience is still gotten as normal
---
Friendly reminder to get karma on your alts
#10kirbyakaZPosted 1/30/2013 3:04:53 PM
Play Morgana. Once you get her W to level 3 you can clear all of the caster minions, once it's at level 5 you can clear every minion.
---
High Five if you love Jesus!
High fives:12 Annoyed faces:4