ITT we think of a better mechanic than last hitting

#21kkeevvPosted 1/30/2013 4:23:30 PM
FerrousIrony posted...
or just stop being bad at last hitting because who cares how it looks?

How would you feel about a fighting game where you constantly jumped up and dodged backwards to move really fast across the screen, or a racing game where the fastest way to move in a straight line is to zig-zag back and forth, abusing the turbo drifting mechanic? Would anyone really wanna play such a game in any competitive capacity?

Umm...Super Smash Melee? Playing most zoners in many 2d fighters also involves backwards air dash. I don't know anything about racing games in competitive situations...actually, I didn't even know there were competitive level racing games.
---
Check out my quote.
#22casperrulezPosted 1/30/2013 4:27:54 PM
FerrousIrony posted...

How would you feel about a fighting game where you constantly jumped up and dodged backwards to move really fast across the screen, or a racing game where the fastest way to move in a straight line is to zig-zag back and forth, abusing the turbo drifting mechanic? Would anyone really wanna play such a game in any competitive capacity?

I understood your post. *high five*
---
ThisIsOchoa anywhere it matters
Nothing I post is relevant. Ever.
#23haku10Posted 1/30/2013 4:28:08 PM
I actually think last hitting is fun. Last hitting under a tower feels like a rythm game, and last hitting mobs in a way where my last skill gets all the CS feels like a puzzle game. Its like a game in a game.

I also get a good feeling whenever I get a last hit. Its like the same feeling of getting hit markers in CoD, or landing a combo in a fighting game. It just feels a little rewarding.
#24dennis941012Posted 1/30/2013 4:33:28 PM
FerrousIrony posted...

I understood your post. *high five*

*Double high five*
---
(>")> <(' ')> <("<)
~GameFAQs LoL Board Supreme Leader~> voted by http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=89123
#25tehXdemiXaznPosted 1/30/2013 4:38:56 PM
You know... if this bothers you, you could just hit the stop key. And like, wait there when you're not attacking stuff. Then you wouldn't complain about wiggling around like an idiot.
---
... Nope, it's still the same.
#26HagenExPosted 1/30/2013 4:40:21 PM
Denying minions would rocket this game to a point where you would eliminate 40 percent or so of the population (the noob ones) and a change I would embrace completely.
#27kirbyakaZPosted 1/30/2013 4:45:26 PM
kkeevv posted...
FerrousIrony posted...

Umm...Super Smash Melee? Playing most zoners in many 2d fighters also involves backwards air dash. I don't know anything about racing games in competitive situations...actually, I didn't even know there were competitive level racing games.

It was sarcasm. In most good fighting games (like BlazBlu) you can dash in the air for better movement, and drifting is common in racing games though the only one I know of that involves a ton of zig-zagging is Mario Kart, but that's the only one I play anyway.
---
High Five if you love Jesus!
High fives:12 Annoyed faces:4
#28Reaper_MinionPosted 1/30/2013 4:46:58 PM
I don't get why people click around when last hitting, I usually just press stop and right click when I can.

Because you are much easier to approach if you are just standing like an idiot...
---
/|\ http://i48.tinypic.com/2pzcsv7.jpg
\|/ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE7x0WLz7SY
#29kirbyakaZPosted 1/30/2013 4:48:01 PM
aHappySacka posted...
I don't get why people click around when last hitting, I usually just press stop and right click when I can.

tehXdemiXazn posted...
You know... if this bothers you, you could just hit the stop key. And like, wait there when you're not attacking stuff. Then you wouldn't complain about wiggling around like an idiot.

The reason people move around a lot is to not get hit by your enemy. Don't move? Thanks for the free hit with Karthus Q, free snare for Lux so her jungler can come in, free gank by Lee Sin, free harass that your support has to heal by Caitlyns net thing, etc.
---
High Five if you love Jesus!
High fives:12 Annoyed faces:4
#30Stalky24Posted 1/30/2013 4:48:56 PM
HagenEx posted...
Denying minions would rocket this game to a point where you would eliminate 40 percent or so of the population (the noob ones) and a change I would embrace completely.

denying is even more counterlogical than lasthitting.

Even in original DotA it was basicly a bug originally, a flaw of engine that couldnt be fixed.