ITT we think of a better mechanic than last hitting

#31SexualPizza(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 3:52:30 PM
tehXdemiXazn posted...
You know... if this bothers you, you could just hit the stop key. And like, wait there when you're not attacking stuff. Then you wouldn't complain about wiggling around like an idiot.

Yes, and while I'm at it, I can hold up a sign for the enemy laner that says "free pokes here"
---
Best thing in life: Sex
Second best thing in life: Pizza
#32HagenExPosted 1/30/2013 3:54:59 PM
Stalky24 posted...
HagenEx posted...
Denying minions would rocket this game to a point where you would eliminate 40 percent or so of the population (the noob ones) and a change I would embrace completely.

denying is even more counterlogical than lasthitting.

Even in original DotA it was basicly a bug originally, a flaw of engine that couldnt be fixed.

Exactly why DotA didnt have 10 year olds for the most part. Seriously, LoL is too noob friendly, too many kids.
#33Reaper_MinionPosted 1/30/2013 4:01:34 PM(edited)
HagenEx posted...
Denying minions would rocket this game to a point where you would eliminate 40 percent or so of the population (the noob ones) and a change I would embrace completely.

Even in original DotA it was basicly a bug originally, a flaw of engine that couldnt be fixed.

In WC3's map editor, it's possible to create a trigger that prevents you from attacking allied minions. The DotA developers intentionally kept denying even if it was originally just a side-effect.
---
/|\ http://i48.tinypic.com/2pzcsv7.jpg
\|/ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE7x0WLz7SY
#34BhelliumPosted 1/30/2013 3:59:53 PM
Reaper_Minion posted...
I don't get why people click around when last hitting, I usually just press stop and right click when I can.

Because you are much easier to approach if you are just standing like an idiot...

Yes though you are less likely to say, take that one extra step close enough to the bush for their jungler to jump you.
---
If Pluto is not a planet Europe is just West Asia.
#35Stalky24Posted 1/30/2013 4:00:56 PM(edited)
HagenEx posted...
Stalky24 posted...
HagenEx posted...

Exactly why DotA didnt have 10 year olds for the most part. Seriously, LoL is too noob friendly, too many kids.

This worthless elitism is what is worst about multiplayer gaming industry.

Game being friendly towards new player is not a bad thing. In fact, it is a great thing and reason why any people who arent DotA veterans find LoL more fun than DotA 2.

Let kids play games too. Remember that you were kid when you started gaming. If Super Mario Bros 2 was online, you would rage just as hard as they do.
#36HagenExPosted 1/30/2013 5:08:23 PM
Stalky24 posted...
HagenEx posted...
Stalky24 posted...
HagenEx posted...

Game being friendly towards new player is not a bad thing. In fact, it is a great thing and reason why any people who arent DotA veterans find LoL more fun than DotA 2.

Let kids play games too. Remember that you were kid when you started gaming. If Super Mario Bros 2 was online, you would rage just as hard as they do.

Kids shouldnt be allowed to play online games with people above their age. Just no. They only make the experience worse in every way possible. Ive been gaming for 18-19 years and I've never seen such a retarded community as this game has.

It is good of course... For Riot.
#37Stalky24Posted 1/30/2013 5:16:32 PM(edited)
HagenEx posted...
Stalky24 posted...
HagenEx posted...
Stalky24 posted...
HagenEx posted...

Kids shouldnt be allowed to play online games with people above their age. Just no. They only make the experience worse in every way possible. Ive been gaming for 18-19 years and I've never seen such a retarded community as this game has.

It is good of course... For Riot.

It has nothing to do with kids or age.
Ive played league with bunch of kids (my cousins are around 10-12 and their friends all play and sometimes I play with them when they want 10th for 5v5... and they arent that bad either, some of them have higher elo than me lol). They get frustrated and angry irl but they rarely have need to express it inside the game. If they get really pissed off they shout loudly at computer but thats enough for them to ventil their anger.
Caps lock or writing does nothing for their emotions, they need to physically exhaust themselves to calm down.

In fact, most of people who rage hard are our age.
It is combination of frustration from losing, anonymity and audience that brings worst of us.