Crit = Luck = dodge

#21hibbijoPosted 1/30/2013 3:55:07 PM
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=33995363#33995363

I dunno still seems like rng to me. Less of it but its still there.
---
Jogu jogu chicken dranch rizzles.
I'm just a jogu.
#22BhelliumPosted 1/30/2013 3:57:20 PM
I like the red answer.
---
If Pluto is not a planet Europe is just West Asia.
#23crondizzlePosted 1/30/2013 3:59:30 PM
Bhellium posted...
that this up for debate is rather bewildering
not sure if joking or not

this is League of Fanboys bro

can't say a single negative thing, the apologists will make excuses lol.
#24SoulknightX0Posted 1/30/2013 4:36:53 PM
TomorrowDog posted...
Dodge wasn't well integrated. I'd also say random bonus damage is a lot easier to account for and plan against than random zero damage.

I'm pretty sure riot can't integrate, hell they can barely accomplish reducing ratios
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Bentrey/
#25noone369Posted 1/30/2013 4:38:22 PM(edited)
Crits = Luck. Crits are the only thing that can be called luck in LoL right now. If someone says that the enemy got lucky and that enemy doesn't have crit runes/items, i always tell them that it wasn't luck, simply the enemy was better than him.

Edit: almost forgot the only other thing that depends on luck: getting competent teammates.
---
She was absolutely sincere. Emperor help me, they really were pleased to see me. Things must be even worse here than I'd imagined. - Ciaphas Cain
I end topics.
#26refmonPosted 1/30/2013 4:41:14 PM
Spells counter dodge
---
If you read this signature, then that meant that I had control of what you read for 5 SECONDS!!
#27Hyper InfernoPosted 1/30/2013 4:46:46 PM
A long time ago, they readjusted their formulas for RNG for stuff like crit so it was less likely that you would get strings of 'lucky' crits with low crit percentages or strings of unlucky ones with high crit percentages. It still averages out to the correct number over a huge sample size.

Luck was one of the reasons dodge was removed, but the main reason was that there was very little counterplay to something that just passively denied an entire attack and that it didn't feel like an active play by the person with the dodge percentage.

The place where luck really rears its ugly head is if you run crit runes and play someone like Gangplank or Caitlyn, where two lucky crits in a row can completely shut someone out of lane with the extra damage from their kit. Even though Cait's headshot doesn't stack multiplicative with crit, it still adds damage to a single shot, which is a pretty substantial poke early game.

It's sill obviously a factor later in the game, but the chances that a teamfight entirely depends on getting X number of crits as opposed to other factors is pretty slim.
---
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
-Adam Savage, The Mythbusters
#28g-cube_mastaPosted 1/30/2013 4:59:25 PM
Are people in this topic intentionally dense or clueless?

Yes, it is luck, but they feel it is balanced because it's more complicated than just a % chance; they make it so you can't get too many crits in a row, or never get a crit for a while, most of the time, using some averaging system.

^ this

your displayed crit chance (e.g. 55% crit) is just what you see. There is an internal chance as well though. Your crit chance will go higher than 55% for each auto you fire that doesn't crit until finally you crit at which point it resets to the displayed value. If you crit a few times in a row your crit chance will get lower and lower for each cri until you don't get one.

This is the way they normalized/streamlined it.

The other reason is that dodge didn't have a counterstat of something like "accuracy" but crit can be mitigated by armor, hp and that nifty mastery which I think they should introduce more of. Also Ninja Tabi.

Crits = Luck. Crits are the only thing that can be called luck in LoL right now. If someone says that the enemy got lucky and that enemy doesn't have crit runes/items, i always tell them that it wasn't luck, simply the enemy was better than him.

Edit: almost forgot the only other thing that depends on luck: getting competent teammates.

Phage.
---
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxv1a21aHC1qk0exx.gif
#29Kevman510Posted 1/30/2013 5:55:08 PM
Crits are countered by Armor/HP
Dodge had 1 counter (old sword of the divine) and it wasn't viable on 99% of champions

This is the answer. Every other answer in this thread, while probably true, had less of an impact on their decision than this. They removed dodge because there was only one counter, SotD, and it didn't ever make sense for your AD to rush it just so they could actually kill Jax. Crits are just higher damage, which is easily countered with armor and health.
#30JaggiJumperPosted 1/30/2013 6:00:40 PM
Masemune_100 posted...
hibbijo posted...
Grimtron posted...
Crit isn't luck based.

Care to explain why they aren't ?

It's kinda like an actual ratio rather than a chance.
Say you have 50% crit chance. Every other attack will be a crit. 33%? Every third. 25%? Every fourth. It's not random.

I take it you failed maths.

"I just flipped 2 coins in a row and got heads on both. Ergo the chance of next flip being tails has to be higher!"
---
http://www.youtube.com/TimMH3
LoL IGN: I Am Zyra. Aphoristic (12:31): all you do is b****