What to build on Lux support?

#1TriangularTwigPosted 1/30/2013 4:41:47 PM(edited)
ive been going faerie charm/3wards/2hp pots/1 mana pot -->philo's stone -> sightstone --> shoes --> kage's --> upgrade shoes --> aegis --> situational support items

its worked for me very well so far. is a standard support build like this one fine on lux?
#2iiTryhardPosted 1/30/2013 4:41:51 PM
you build just like mid lux and carry
---
XBL: iiTryHaard
Yes, i i do try hard http://www.lowbird.com/data/images/2012/08/imgur-dofor.jpg
#3aHappySackaPosted 1/30/2013 4:42:47 PM
You pick Morgana and be more useful.
---
Kitty Kat --> /\_/\
.................=(^_^)=
#4B01tPosted 1/30/2013 5:01:56 PM
Yes. You're unlikely to get a full ap-lux build, and lategame lux doesn't deal as much damage anyways. Build like a standard support, with an emphasis on ap. Your job is to shield and kite enemies from your adc. She's very good at it, too.
---
Idealism is seeing potential. Pragmatism is seeing consequences.
#5Fenrir the WolfPosted 1/30/2013 5:05:33 PM
Build Mejai's and transition into AP carry mode from your assists+laser killsteals
---
And then John was a zombie.
#6MizunoRyuuPosted 1/30/2013 5:58:39 PM
Supports build whatever their ADC/team needs. No matter which support you are, you should be building the same items. Locket if you need a shield, Aegis to make your team tanky, Shurelya's if you Gotta Go Fast(tm), Crucible if your team needs healing, Zeke's if you have 3 AD champs. Lux doesn't make a good support because by building these items you can't deal enough damage, and if you don't your utility isn't enough to play as a support viably.
---
Evelynn is my waifu.
Help... Me...
#7thecrossnkightPosted 1/30/2013 6:37:41 PM
Wut? Lux has plenty of viability as a support without any damage. It's simply that she can build damage and add to that viability effectively because she has actual AP ratios.
---
What do you do when faced with two choices? Simply toss a coin. It works because in that brief time that the coin is in the air you know what you're hoping for.
#8TheDarkNerdPosted 1/30/2013 6:40:20 PM

Then genuine lowbie question:

What to build on Morgana support?
---
http://i39.tinypic.com/xnar69.gif
#9TriangularTwig(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 6:54:19 PM

well on my worst game as support lux in ranked I averaged 1 kill and 6 assists per death, so I think I'm useful enough