I've been playing Draven a lot recently. Extra tips? Who beats me? Support?

#1iPWNtheNoobsPosted 1/30/2013 6:06:41 PM(edited)
Most success is with Lulu and Taric.
Haven't tried with a Janna yet.

Build.
Boots 3 pots
Vamp scepter >BT
Zeal
IE
PD/ LW
Tanky item or if wrecking another BT.

Played vs. a lot of caits recently, sucks till like level 3 in which I can still equal farm and then I can take over lane usually.

---
Trolling is a art
#2iPWNtheNoobs(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 6:06:50 PM
Loving him. Very strong and amazing.
---
Trolling is a art
#3the_rowanPosted 1/30/2013 6:11:00 PM
Supports: Leona, Taric, Lulu

You don't really lose lane to anyone unless you screw up. You can go really, really hard early while you have two axes, provided your support helps. But in teamfights Draven's harder to kite with properly than most ADCs, so it's really nice if you get a tanky team that knows how to peel for you.
---
"That is why war is so tragic. To win means to make victims of your opponents and give birth to hatred." - Kratos Aurion, Tales of Symphonia
#4iPWNtheNoobs(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 6:13:50 PM
Supports: Leona, Taric, Lulu

You don't really lose lane to anyone unless you screw up. You can go really, really hard early while you have two axes, provided your support helps. But in teamfights Draven's harder to kite with properly than most ADCs, so it's really nice if you get a tanky team that knows how to peel for you.

Well, with my E, then while running, use W, throw a quick axe and catch and keep running. My insane damage also makes the person diving me usually scared. Also, they gap close, bam E. Ye, been quite lucky with my team.

Loving Lulu the most, but haven't seen many Tarics or Leona's. Is Taric > Lulu?
---
Trolling is a art
#5Beech_tibsPosted 1/30/2013 6:19:17 PM
draven with lulu is very strong... the problem is that neither can really trade till lvl 3 but both get that 3 level investment back if they dont blow it...

personally im really liking playing alistar and leona when i get matched with draven, he seems to really be able to take advantage of poor positioning/swapped positioning of the enemy

so in the same vein thresh seems like a viable pick too
---
a lot of people are sheep so they won't believe a champion is strong until a pro says so
#6MetleonPosted 1/30/2013 6:22:07 PM
Lulu might be better than Taric, but don't suggest her over Taric if you support isn't used to playing her. What separates a good Lulu from a bad Lulu is landing Glitter Lances and using Help! Pix! to give it extra range. Leona is also fairly difficult to use, as she relies on hitting her ult and E.

Taric is simple because you just have to click your enemy/ally with his E and Q and tank all those AD's running around right now.
---
Generation 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your own signature (on any forum) and add one to the generation number. Social experiment.
#7iPWNtheNoobs(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 7:00:58 PM
I think a good Leona can be amazing, very rare of em.
I also hate supports who try to go all out to land a spell or something, then get kited so hard or lost 50%.

Yea, I let em choose who they know how, many know how to use Taric.
Sona not too bad either.
---
Trolling is a art
#8iPWNtheNoobs(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 3:21:57 PM
So who should I be afraid of?

MF, I know of. Depends on support sometimes.

Vayne mid / late.

Also, vs cait and nunu or x + nunu, I just wait till he snowballs my support and I can still usually outdamage a bloodboiled ADC with my own W, and with my E's CC and then juggling.
---
Trolling is a art
#9SorrySleepingPosted 1/31/2013 3:40:55 PM(edited)
Skip the Zeal. BT>IE is the best for Draven. He scales stupidly well with AD, abuse it until teamfights happen.

Try juggling Qs sometime. Get two up, throw one, get a third. Throw out another one before you catch the Axe in the air. Three Spinning Axes are enough to kill anyone not building highly defensively through out most of the game.

Good supports for you:
Taric, Leona, Alistar
I recommend to stay away from Lulu if you can. Better than Nunu for you, but isn't as good as the other three. Draven wants a support that can hold down an enemy while he throws Axes at them.

Bad match ups (supports)
Zyra, Thresh, Blitzcrank, Lulu, Nidalee
These people will all punish you for catching axes. Try to bait them into using their spells (most of them are on a decent CD) by trying to get Axes in your minions until you get two. Throw one and head for it, peel off before you get grabbed/CC'd. Use the other one to murder enemy ADC.

Bad match ups (ADC)
Caitlyn, Vayne, Ez
Caitlyn can easily outrange you and hurt you before you come in to hit her. She can also put a cupcake on where your Axe is, making it easy to follow up with her support.
Ez can Q farm all day without getting close to your range. E can escape anytime you try to get close.
Vayne is slippery, and will tumble to avoid Axes. Condemn can push you away from grabbing Axes. Scales into late game better than you.
---
~{Always Sleeping}~
#10FlameLord23Posted 1/31/2013 3:39:54 PM
Use Draven Taric. No one beats you. Even if you stack Rabadons.
---
"All of a sudden there are useless topics on gamefaqs. Oh wait, that's all the time." ~Try_Harder_Nubz
LoL IGN: I Rock Ths