Wtf is a 'Jungle Tax'?

#51happyscrub1Posted 1/31/2013 6:21:17 AM
dreadnaut123 posted...
If the jungler ganks and it fails he could push the wave for imo 5 reasons:
- The enemy laner backed and he pushing so he misses those creeps at his tower.
- Your very low and he wants to push the wave so you can base and buy..

I do these 2 all the time.
---
http://happyscrub.com/eloenvy.jpg
You are ignoring 1 message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here
#52Masemune_100Posted 1/31/2013 6:22:08 AM
I don't even jungle much but giving a jungler one wave of cs isn't even going to put you that far behind. If they came to gank then your laning opponent probably isn't even at lane anymore to begin with, so now he's missing cs and you could push lane up and go buy more wards or pots.
I'm more annoyed when I push a lane up to tower and the jungler decides that he wants to take tower for no real reason, even though I'm obviously recalling and want to keep laning.
---
Rule #1 of Resident Evil: Don't catch the sunglasses.
GT - Judgement Blade
#53HorribrenPosted 1/31/2013 7:37:26 AM
~*~*lane tax*~*~
#54Suffer_NotPosted 1/31/2013 7:45:40 AM
Jungle tax? I don't know what a jungle tax would be. I would guess that it would be something like the top lane takes golems when he sees the jungler is bot, his wave is pushed, and he doesn't have anything to go back for.

A lane tax is when the jungler soaks exp and takes CS from a lane after a gank has failed to make up for the lost gold that he got by not farming wraiths.

This is not to be confused with pushing the lane, which is when you get a kill or force the enemy laner to recall and then push the wave to tower so all your creeps die and they don't get any exp for it.

You also shouldn't confuse it with holding a lane, which is when the jungler sits in lane and last hits without pushing to try and stop the enemy from shoving the wave under your tower while you are returning to lane.
---
http://i.imgur.com/7Wah6.jpg
I'm actually incredibly overly passionate and...whats the word...viscous? - EltoniaX
#55Awesome_BastardPosted 1/31/2013 8:15:24 AM
omg
jungle taxes are too high
---
Anyone who claims they're Awesome is just really a Bastard.
#56xMikhalxPosted 1/31/2013 8:23:53 AM(edited)
It helps your jungle out and shoving the lane when the enemy is gone isn't a bad thing to do since it'll reset/make enemy lose exp.

A bad jungler will screw it up, but a good one can make good use of it. If the jungler is a jerk (like me), I just take the whole thing irregardless of if it helps you or not because I either feel like you're going to die/not going to use the exp and gold as much as I will or I'm behind and really needs it.

A strong jungler will benefit other lanes more or when the next gank for you comes along after the so called jungle tax.

The exp is shared 100%/0% for jungler if he doesn't shove with you, but if you both share it, then it's 60%/60%. Also, it's a way for the jungler to tell you to back and buy because you're likely not to listen to him.

I used to not do it, but after all the benefits from having a strong jungler, why not? You don't want him feeding with double buffs and it's not like you lose much.

Edit: Sometimes it's a good idea if you botched a gank and know a buff timer is up; your lane partner won't follow you if they have minions to farm, but they have no choice if you ping and take all their minions :P... they'd want a kill then!
#57EcchiBaka(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 8:20:54 AM
JaggiJumper posted...
If I gank and I get an assist, I'm taking some of your creeps as payment, because an assist isn't worth leaving the jungle.

You'd better be playing Noc or something and not Maokai/Ali otherwise this crap will piss anyone off.
---
LoL: Ecchi Baka/TheGreatestBaka (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2TZhhHOlTA)
Currently reading: Freezing, To-Love-Ru, and a lot of other titles