Mid stealing first blue new meta?

#1PraetorianGhostPosted 1/30/2013 7:52:44 PM
I played some games earlier in regular draft pick, naturally being forced to jungle because no one else wants to, and in nearly every game ended up crippled right off the bat. Pretty much whenever I would try to get a leash, the mid lane would stick around and try to steal the buff, insisting it would be "better on me than you."

Now I know this only happens when I don't kill the buff with a smite, but sometimes I use it a second too early and the creep has 10-50 hp left, letting the mid take it instantly. Later in the games I get called a noob and a useless jungler for being two or three levels under their jungler.

Blogfaqs.
---
Note: All posts come with a giant invisible asterisk stating:
"All statements expressed are opinions unless specifically stated otherwise."
#2AlmightyHamSandwichPosted 1/30/2013 7:54:36 PM
Smite at Level 1 deals 490 damage.

Smite blue buff at 490 or less health.

Never get blue stolen from you again.
---
Miami Heat: 2012 NBA Champions | Repeat in 2013
I'm a TWSSted bastard.
#3TomorrowDogPosted 1/30/2013 7:54:47 PM
but sometimes I use it a second too early and the creep has 10-50 hp left, letting the mid take it instantly

There is pretty much no excuse for making this mistake if you plan to smite kill it and you have an ally nearby. Hovering over the summoner spell icon tells you how much damage it does too.

Sorry bro, you're just going to get blamed and flamed in this topic.
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
#4dennis941012Posted 1/30/2013 7:55:57 PM
but sometimes I use it a second too early and the creep has 10-50 hp left, letting the mid take it instantly

There is pretty much no excuse for making this mistake if you plan to smite kill it and you have an ally nearby. Hovering over the summoner spell icon tells you how much damage it does too.

mid could have been cho or nunu
---
(>")> <(' ')> <("<)
~GameFAQs LoL Board Supreme Leader~> voted by http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=89123
#5kkeevvPosted 1/30/2013 7:56:29 PM
Do jungle mobs no longer give split xp?
---
Check out my quote.
#6mystermandragonPosted 1/30/2013 8:04:27 PM
kkeevv posted...
Do jungle mobs no longer give split xp?

they do, but if the exp is split at level 1, the jungler wont hit lvl 2 and they have a much harder time clearing.
---
Sig won't change until my sister thinks re4 is a good game. number of people who support=9
#7JennaTahliaPosted 1/30/2013 8:07:20 PM
Mid is trying to give a smiteless leash, steals it because jungler smites unnecessarily or mistimes it. SCUMBAG MID
---
gibe moni pls
Add me I'm good. ign Schmelton
#8iiTryhardPosted 1/30/2013 8:07:27 PM
dennis941012 posted...

mid could have been cho or nunu

Because cho has his ultimate at level 1 amirite
---
XBL: iiTryHaard
Yes, i i do try hard http://www.lowbird.com/data/images/2012/08/imgur-dofor.jpg
#9Price_Of_FamePosted 1/31/2013 1:48:33 AM
PraetorianGhost posted...
but sometimes I use it a second too early and the creep has 10-50 hp left

You are bad.
---
It's a Chastain world and we are all just living in it.
#10TriangularTwigPosted 1/31/2013 2:07:47 AM
Click on the minion so you can see how much HP it has. Smite it the second its HP reaches the amount of damage your smite can do. its that easy. problem solved.