How to Shaco?

#1LithspPosted 1/30/2013 10:58:48 PM
I've been loving me some Shaco the last couple of days, made a topic about how I prefer his late game over his early game a few days ago.

Anyway, not that I have used him a fair bit, I'm wondering whether there was some Shaco specific tips someone could give to me, or perhaps link me to some good plays etc..

What should I be buying early on? ATM I head for Wriggles, Boots, Static Shiv, then I start to build DMG, like an IE.. games never go for much longer than this.

I don't feel like it gives me enough OOMPH though DMG wise so I need a hand with that.

Basically any and all Shaco advice would be appreciated really.
---
[]Signature[]
#2djprofessork1Posted 1/30/2013 11:15:21 PM(edited)
-learn the good jungle routes.
-learn how to gank properly and avoid wards.
-use proper runes/masteries.
-have good map awareness and know when you can gank the enemy jungler/counter jungle/bait fights.

as for builds, yours is fine, but if you're getting fed, rush IE before shiv.

Pretty much every game i play I end up getting IE+Shiv which is a retardedly strong combo, you 2-shot squishies and chunk Bruisers down to 50% with your opening hit.

his late game is annoying because you have to split push, and your team will probably get caught without you. so it really just requires a lot of warding and good awareness.
#3Stalky24Posted 1/30/2013 11:16:50 PM
TAPS shaco is the only shaco
#4BhelliumPosted 1/30/2013 11:31:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKuhf2vdOU0
---
If Pluto is not a planet Europe is just West Asia.
#5Golden_MeanPosted 1/30/2013 11:31:59 PM
I usually to transition into bruiser shaco because against strong team comps that know what they're doing you can so much as appear for one second and they blink at you and you're dead. In the rare circumstances that you are taking all the kills then damage is the way to go since you have to carry, but even then you need tankiness.

General tips:
- Every time I go B in the early game I usually pick up a couple of pots. You need to stay healthy for regular ganks.

- On your first or second back, depends on the timing, pick up a ward (or upgrade wriggles), ward their buff, and attempt a steal

- IMO mobility boots > berserker's greaves. They will pay off by saving you ten times over if you play high-risk/reward style and they help in ganking very passive lanes. I only get berserker's if we are losing really early and by that point I'm thinking I will need the AS to help win gank fights and eventually split push.

- I never really pick up shiv unless my team is:
1) losing horribly - split push because you guys can't teamfight
2) snowballing hard - they don't need you there and win 4v5s
Even if we are winning, but not by a large margin, I will not pick up zeal and instead build to teamfight. If you had a successful early game then that means you can contribute to teamfights.

- My personal build order is boots > razors >T2 boots > brutalizer > ghostblade if winning / giant's belt if losing > finish ghost blade/finish warmogs (never really finish wriggles nowadays)

- In a teamfight, your main job is to deceive next to their squishy/carry, drop a box beneath as many people as possible, Q crit them, force an escape, E burst them if they are too far away, and use your offensive summoner on the most appropriate target possible. If you built bruiser, you will stay up long enough to soak up more skills and eat their cooldowns so your team can come in and finish the rest by the time you die. Alternatively, you can peel for your own carry if you already have someone who dives theirs...Shaco with ghostblade peels like a boss.
---
LoL: Rontuaru - "Grasp Destiny. Forfeit Humanity." - Rah Xephon
#6Small_appliancePosted 1/31/2013 12:08:37 AM
Best thing I ever learned was how to properly use his E. It doesn't give any bonus slow when you activate it, so on a gank you should just aa and save it till they're running away. I know this should have been obvious for me, but it never really clicked. I would always just pop the E as soon as I started attacking because I thought it gave extra slow.
---
Cooler than Freddie Jackson sippin' a milkshake in a snowstorm.
#7LoinatorPosted 1/31/2013 3:10:45 AM
I'm a fan of on-hit Shaco since ever.
In S2 he was a lot better ofc, but he's still viable in S3.

Zerk boots, Lantern, Zhepyr,Blade of the Ruined King, Wit's End, S-Shiv and GA for late game item.

You can kill anything in this game with his clone and you doing on-hits like a boss.
Baron and Dragon are solo'ed like a camp buff.
---
Lance FTW o/.
#8bobguydude1Posted 1/31/2013 3:20:19 AM
wait for the weegee/general wool to tell you.
---
YOU BROKE RNG!!?!?!?!?!?!? NOOOOOOOOO!!!!- insane_pyro74
#9Lithsp(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 7:56:20 PM
Small_appliance posted...
Best thing I ever learned was how to properly use his E. It doesn't give any bonus slow when you activate it, so on a gank you should just aa and save it till they're running away. I know this should have been obvious for me, but it never really clicked. I would always just pop the E as soon as I started attacking because I thought it gave extra slow.

Yeah, well, I didn't know this haha, cheers for the info.

Bout to try on-hit Shaco out now. I feel like he has some massive potential that I haven't tapped into yet, still been doing great with him though.
---
[]Signature[]
#10AriavoltagePosted 2/1/2013 1:24:05 PM
after the shiv and IE I suggest getting a GA, after that you will be unstoppable :D just remember to be careful. And yea, i prefer his late game too, being all sneaky and gibbing low health people and their adc is so satisfying :)