Nocturne and Vlad: what do?

#1OnslaughtOfGodsPosted 1/31/2013 9:19:35 AM
AD assassin and AP tank right?
---
You're not even strong enough to kill my boredom
#2Suffer_NotPosted 1/31/2013 9:27:56 AM
Building Nocturne as a full glass cannon tends to not work as much as you would like, because he needs to have some amount of bulk in order to properly initiate for his team (which will often be his job). If you're playing midturne with a jungle amumu who is going to initiate, then go for it.

Vlad doesn't really do Ap tank, if by tank you mean "abosrbs damage and dispenses crowd control to contribute direction to a teamfight" (see galio, amumu, rumble once he has a ryalis, etc). He's more of an ap bruiser, in that he can absorb and dish out a lot of damage (see diana, cass, ap jax, etc). You don't stack pure tank items on him like sunfire, randuin's omen, warmogs, and spirit visage. You'll get one or two but you also need to have AP items in order to do damage, lest people just ignore you.
---
http://i.imgur.com/7Wah6.jpg
I'm actually incredibly overly passionate and...whats the word...viscous? - EltoniaX
#3MizunoRyuuPosted 1/31/2013 10:53:59 AM
Noct is an AD Bruiser. I like Atmog with Spirit Visage and Hydra.

As for Vlad, he's more of a mage with tankiness rather than a tank with maginess. WotA is pretty much the only core, but he gets a nice chunk of health from having high AP so invest in healthy AP items, Rylai's, Liandry's etc. Throw in a Rabadon too if you like.
---
Evelynn is my waifu.
Help... Me...
#4MetleonPosted 1/31/2013 10:58:25 AM
I see many people rushing Aegis (after maybe Madred's and tier 2 boots) on Nocturne, mainly because it's usually the jungler that builds it.

For Vlad, I get a ton of AP if I'm getting fed or get things like Spirit Visage and at least a Chain Vest if I'm getting killed so I can still ult for my carries and then tank damage. Rylai's also comes in there for more HP and that extra CC. Sorc Shoes/Merc Treads, Rabadon's, and Warmog's should probably be built every game, just because of the high stats the latter two give that work with Vlad's passive.
---
Generation 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your own signature (on any forum) and add one to the generation number. Social experiment.