How to get better at league - Day 1 General roles

#1Valefor500Posted 1/31/2013 12:26:09 PM
Do you still need to improve your league skills? - Results (76 votes)
Yes, a few roles and little things such as map awareness.
78.95% (60 votes)
No, I'm god player hue.
21.05% (16 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Going to make a general how to get better at league list/FAQs.
feel free to add on and ill add valid points to the list.

1. Awareness - This is the biggest thing. BUT most people think map awareness just means watching your lanes to protect yourself. But map awareness is also awareness for your own allies as well. Players need to pay attention for missing enemies to ping for their allies because let's face it we won't catch every single miss in each game and sometimes some allies will need your help to keep them on the ball. Would u rather not call mia and your ally does and rages then u rage then both players aren't playing on top of their game out of spite or anger and to top it all off the enemies are feeding off this negativity?

But thats not the only thing you need.to be aware of. There also awareness of both junglers AND objectives. Vision of dragon and baron is obvious but are players positioning themselves or saving cc when their ally jungler is on their way? Jungler and Players need to make ready and obvious to each other (not the enemy) that they are getting ready to gank. co-ordination is key. In addition paying attention to the enemy jungler can give you and your jungler key ways to counter gank or regular gank other players. Attack what the other jungler is lacking whether it is their own jungle camps, objectives, lane presence in other lanes, etc.

Finally their is map awareness of your team mate's positions. As a player you have to play as a team and if that means coming to your allys aid then do it. You may be the better play and say the typical line like "back that's dangerous or.back we already won" You should still come along (in a relatively safe way) to help them should something go wrong. I.e. "back we aren't going to win" then your team goes in anyways. Would it jot be better to join them in their fight of 5v5 rather then leave them to 4v5 just because your high on your horse thinking your the better player? If those 4 die and you didn't help you certainly won't have a chance to defend unless yur insanely ahead.

Finally their is just general ally awareness. If you see your ally in trouble or potential trouble START heading to help them who cares if they far away. If they survive long enough to get to them you can either save them OR even counter fight or counter gank them by surprise. Obviously if your top lane and bot is in trouble your not going to start walking from top to bot. Bit if your a reasonable distance away GO and help.your team mate! Unfortunately this is a team game and by you jot helping your team you might as well not play to win and have fun.(unless your a troll or dgaf)

Anyway that's all for now feel free to add on.
---
Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Free DLC characters!
#2BlocktopusPosted 1/31/2013 12:28:49 PM
tldr
---
http://i.imgur.com/cuYAp.gif
ign toki
#3osatsukiPosted 1/31/2013 12:29:24 PM
I really need to improve my overall skills,but having map awareness is something that I actually do.
---
League of Legends IGN : Osatsuki (BR Server).
" 'Tis but a Flesh wound."
#4Valefor500(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 12:33:45 PM
Lol i should have titled each wall of text. Each block is pretty much a dif type of map awareness.
---
#5SeaIntoTheSkyPosted 1/31/2013 12:42:44 PM
Great thread I am glad you are trying to help out!^^

Unfortunately map awareness is much like last hitting. It is a mechanical skill to check the map every so often without it hindering your gameplay and takes some time to get used to. It is easier with experience than with explanation. Much of grinding through the lower levels can be done with fine tuning ones own mechanical skill, and a lot of it comes through experience. It is easy to explain to someone how to last hit, but they require practice to get it down right. I like to make threads about things other than mechanical skill for those very reasons.

Overall nice thread I really enjoyed it^^

PS: Maybe if you encompass all of the mechanical aspects to practice in a single thread would be great. Then it could be a list for newer members to start off with so they keep things in mind when playing.
#6Valefor500(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 12:56:52 PM
SeaIntoTheSky posted...
Great thread I am glad you are trying to help out!^^

Unfortunately map awareness is much like last hitting. It is a mechanical skill to check the map every so often without it hindering your gameplay and takes some time to get used to. It is easier with experience than with explanation. Much of grinding through the lower levels can be done with fine tuning ones own mechanical skill, and a lot of it comes through experience. It is easy to explain to someone how to last hit, but they require practice to get it down right. I like to make threads about things other than mechanical skill for those very reasons.

Overall nice thread I really enjoyed it^^

PS: Maybe if you encompass all of the mechanical aspects to practice in a single thread would be great. Then it could be a list for newer members to start off with so they keep things in mind when playing.

Thanks for the input :). I'll definitely doing something like that.
I'll pretty much do a bunch of general improvement threads and then threads about specific roles when that is all said and done.
---
#7xMikhalxPosted 1/31/2013 1:00:08 PM
I'm impressed you can write that wall of text and still mix up they're, there, and their. Also, please don't use finally in two paragraphs like that.

My grammar policing aside, yay. Kudos for you for understanding this stuff. If only people could apply it practically too...
#8Valefor500(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 1:03:34 PM
xMikhalx posted...
I'm impressed you can write that wall of text and still mix up they're, there, and their. Also, please don't use finally in two paragraphs like that.

My grammar policing aside, yay. Kudos for you for understanding this stuff. If only people could apply it practically too...

I normally read over n correct grammar. But I'm typing on my laggy phone while also trying to write my points as quickly as possible :(. (I tend to think of what to say but write slightly differently)
---
#9DarksteelPosted 1/31/2013 1:04:43 PM
I'm god player hue
---
Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general -Mark Rippetoe
#10Valefor500(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 1:09:32 PM
Darksteel posted...
I'm god player hue

U g0d player hue. Teach me g0d player.
---