Mid/Top Thresh that is not AD

#1Stalky24Posted 1/31/2013 12:38:54 PM
I dont like AD build much because of it's squishiness along with tiny range (although it is definitly very fun and deadly way to play him). I tinkered around and I found build I like.

I abuse passive from Q and it's magic damage on-hit. Since it's magic damage, I need MPen. And I mix in some tankiness.

I play it 9/0/21 for 10% CDR (with elixir it puts me on cap along with Nashors) and extra MS (Thresh loves MS)
Runes AS reds, armor yellows, mres blues and MS quints.

Nashors Tooth is my favorite pickup on him and first item I rush every game. It gives him everything he needs. Huge CDR, good AS, good AP and mregen to keep his mana up.

Core of my build is Sorc Shoes, Nashors Tooth and Abyssal Scepter. Gives MPen, AS, CDR and MRes while getting more AP and armor from passive. My next pickup is almost always Bulwark making me incredibly tanky and effective member of the team.

Last items are all situational. Not once I have went with Bloodthirsters as last 2 items to get that lategame taste of AD Thresh or get Lichbane/Deathcap, since Thresh can get huge Lichbane procs. Or just get Warmogs since Giant Belt OP.
#2T3h_4rb1t0rPosted 1/31/2013 12:42:18 PM
Interesting build. You seem to focus around the base damage of the Q passive which is smart because thresh has garbo ap ratios. However , i still feel that AD with attack speed gives the highest dps, and as far as tankyness goes ( depends on your role) warmogs and a bulwark are really all you need because you're gonna have retarded amounts of armor from ur soul collection
---
george washington was in a cult , and the cult was into aliens, man. yea the founding fathers were way into aliens.
#3Stalky24(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 12:52:26 PM
well naturally AD anything does most damage :D Including any support or mid champ in the game.
#4aiiirikPosted 1/31/2013 12:55:16 PM
Stalky24 posted...
well naturally AD anything does most damage :D Including any support or mid champ in the game.

I think Karthus and Cassio might actually have higher dps as AP.
---
You're just jealous because the voices are only talking to me.
#5OnionOfMysteryPosted 1/31/2013 1:00:31 PM
aiiirik posted...
Stalky24 posted...

Ryze... eventually. Dat Hyper Carry Mage.
---
The official OnionOfMystery of Reality.
"Vaan is like a Robin in a universe composed entirely of Batmans."
#6Stalky24(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 1:11:32 PM
aiiirik posted...
Stalky24 posted...

Dont know Cassio much but Karth definitly wont.

His dps is 350+85% AP per second if you hit singletarget Q every second while having defile on. With lets say 600 AP endgame thats 860 damage per second which is equal to crit with IE equal to about 330 AD. Most of AD carries on 6 items have way over 400 AD. Their attack speed is higher than 1.0, but their crit chance is lower than 1.0, so it more or less evens out.

So Id say AD still outdamages Karthus.

Dunno about Ryze though, he is extremly crazymode endgame almost Nasus-like.