Who quit or is going to boycott LoL because of Goth Annie.

#101I_love_SunnyDPosted 2/2/2013 4:32:18 PM
MKID232 posted...
I_love_SunnyD posted...
Anyone who would quit cause of this probably didn't even spend money on this game to begin wtih. Whose going to quit a game they put money into over something so minuscule?

I probably spent well over $500 on this game, and while I don't regret any of the purchases I made, I do not want to do business with this company anymore. Plus my money didn't all go to waste, the guy who got my account gets some free s***.

Quitting a game that by your own admission is due to a business choice, and not cause of your opinion towards the game, after spending $500 on it, makes you an extremely foolish person.

Probably $500 of your mothers money though, and thats why you don't give a f***.

This is like buying games from EA or Capcom for years and years, and then deciding you're never going to play any of them again because you don't like the direction EA/Capcom is headed in.

Complete waste of money and anyone who understands the value of a dollar would never do something so foolish. Go waste more of your parents money on some other game. Community probably better off without people like you tbh.
---
I actually prefer the purple stuff
#102MKID232(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 4:56:27 PM
I_love_SunnyD posted...
MKID232 posted...
I_love_SunnyD posted...
Anyone who would quit cause of this probably didn't even spend money on this game to begin wtih. Whose going to quit a game they put money into over something so minuscule?

I probably spent well over $500 on this game, and while I don't regret any of the purchases I made, I do not want to do business with this company anymore. Plus my money didn't all go to waste, the guy who got my account gets some free s***.

Quitting a game that by your own admission is due to a business choice, and not cause of your opinion towards the game, after spending $500 on it, makes you an extremely foolish person.

Probably $500 of your mothers money though, and thats why you don't give a f***.

This is like buying games from EA or Capcom for years and years, and then deciding you're never going to play any of them again because you don't like the direction EA/Capcom is headed in.

Complete waste of money and anyone who understands the value of a dollar would never do something so foolish. Go waste more of your parents money on some other game. Community probably better off without people like you tbh.

To be quite clear, on your repeated point, I worked for my money, and at the time I felt that my purchase with the game was valuable. It was MY money, not my mother's. I'm 19, have a part time job, and everything I own I paid for, with some exceptions (Gifts).

Quite frankly, boycotting a company for their ethics and practices is a good thing that people SHOULD consider. A company doesn't always listen to you if you keep paying them for products based on their current stances. Money talks, and if enough money isn't being gotten, then they look at themselves and wonder why their product isn't selling.

And yes, I am still aware that I am merely a drop in the bucket in terms of money and time put into the game, but that's beside the point.
---
But it was horrible. For everyone. And that includes you.
#103The-World-SevenPosted 2/2/2013 5:01:40 PM
TC, you ragequit over some business ethics that you don't even understand.

gg no re

because you gave your account away

LOL
---
My Hubris is bigger than yours.
NA - TheWorld7 & Tragedy Baby // PBE - Je Suis
#104I_love_SunnyDPosted 2/2/2013 5:09:15 PM
MKID232 posted...
I_love_SunnyD posted...
MKID232 posted...
I_love_SunnyD posted...

To be quite clear, on your repeated point, I worked for my money, and at the time I felt that my purchase with the game was valuable. It was MY money, not my mother's. I'm 19, have a part time job, and everything I own I paid for, with some exceptions (Gifts).

Quite frankly, boycotting a company for their ethics and practices is a good thing that people SHOULD consider. A company doesn't always listen to you if you keep paying them for products based on their current stances. Money talks, and if enough money isn't being gotten, then they look at themselves and wonder why their product isn't selling.

And yes, I am still aware that I am merely a drop in the bucket in terms of money and time put into the game, but that's beside the point.

You can boycott giving the company money while still enjoying the money you already spent on the game.

Quitting something you haven't stated you don't enjoy playing anymore, after sinking $400 dollars into it, simply because they made a business decision you disagree with, is foolish and shows you really don't understand the value of a dollar.

And waht the hell are you gonna do? Boycott everything for your entire life? Open your eyes, way bigger businesses than Riot are doing way worse things right now. Its part of life, grow up and accept it.

If I don't want to give Riot any money I won't spend my money on the game. You don't have to quit, essentially making all the money you spent worthless.

Quit because you don't like playing the game anymore.
---
I actually prefer the purple stuff
#105Ultima_Weapon33Posted 2/2/2013 5:11:04 PM
They have an F with the Better Business Bureau for a reason.
---
You'll see - Eternal love, that's what this is
This feeling that I just cannot resist... OD
#106MKID232(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 5:19:54 PM(edited)
I_love_SunnyD posted...
You can boycott giving the company money while still enjoying the money you already spent on the game.

Quitting something you haven't stated you don't enjoy playing anymore, after sinking $400 dollars into it, simply because they made a business decision you disagree with, is foolish and shows you really don't understand the value of a dollar.

And waht the hell are you gonna do? Boycott everything for your entire life? Open your eyes, way bigger businesses than Riot are doing way worse things right now. Its part of life, grow up and accept it.

If I don't want to give Riot any money I won't spend my money on the game. You don't have to quit, essentially making all the money you spent worthless.

Quit because you don't like playing the game anymore.

Okay, first off, this is actually one of the few well-written arguments against me that isn't a full slam, so thanks for that.

Second, the thought never actually occurred to state that I didn't enjoy playing the game. Subconsciously I guess I thought it was implied. But good god, I only played bot-games because I was tired of the drama Normals gave. My enjoyment level wasn't too high to begin with.

I don't plan on boycotting everything. I know when to suck it up. In the case of Riot, even though I spent a lot of money on it (in the course of a year and a half of playing), the fact that it's a GAME makes it easier for me to take my stance against it. If it were a company that I would actually NEED in the future, I'd be a lot more hesitant. But I can definitely ignore a game and take my stance of quitting more easily.

And spending my money before was because I did enjoy it some, especially towards the beginning where most of my money was spent. I spent significantly less as time went on, as my enjoyment faded. I ended up spending my money on stuff I'd enjoy more.

So I am aggravated that a lot of you aren't seeing my perspective on this, but I also know that a lot of you don't actually know my entire life-story of LoL and in general, therefore it's easier to see it from the angle you presume than the angle I actually have.

EDIT: And to be fair, my money isn't completely wasted. Someone else has the account now, and they get to enjoy what I spent my money on.
---
#107SexualPizzaPosted 2/2/2013 5:23:11 PM
MKID232 posted...
I know I permaquit because of the way the situation was handled

So why are you posting here? Shouldn't you be on a discussion board of some other game?

My bet is you probably already made another account and are leveling it right now. If not, then I'll give it a week or two.

And srsly. Not that big of a deal. You have a game that is FREE TO PLAY and you QQ about the direction Riot is going? Who cares wtf they do with their game?

Only in a first world country people complain about free ****.
---
Best thing in life: Sex
Second best thing in life: Pizza
#108MKID232(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 5:28:57 PM
SexualPizza posted...
MKID232 posted...
I know I permaquit because of the way the situation was handled

So why are you posting here? Shouldn't you be on a discussion board of some other game?

My bet is you probably already made another account and are leveling it right now. If not, then I'll give it a week or two.

And srsly. Not that big of a deal. You have a game that is FREE TO PLAY and you QQ about the direction Riot is going? Who cares wtf they do with their game?

Only in a first world country people complain about free ****.

First point: Because this is the only group that would actually care.

Second point: Only if Riot actually improves will I consider making a new account.

Third point: Just because something is free to play or free in general doesn't mean it can be completely flawed without complaint. Listening to Friday was free, am I not allowed to complain about that? According to the logic you put up, no I can't.
---
#109Big_BovyPosted 2/2/2013 5:29:19 PM
If you bought the bundle just for Goth Annie it is your fault for being a special person.
---
I come here to argue!
#110funkys-flightsPosted 2/2/2013 7:29:56 PM
Kevman510 posted...
I've been playing since the very first day of closed beta

anyone with a brain can see that Riot is a godawful company

Lol logic

Lol @ tc. Seriously, if the worst thing in your life is the fact that a free game made a skin you don't like, and you are so upset you need to vent about it, sounds like you have a pretty sheltered life, wait til the real world hits you
---
................ ~...............
anoche sone contigo ;)