Riot really hates defense.

#21_HeXPosted 2/1/2013 1:45:30 AM
The-World-Seven posted...
_HeX posted...
(FoN most ridiculous item ever).

FoN...was...removed, right? and personally, I didn't think it was so bad of an item.

It was removed because it was too good, obviously.
---
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
#22The-World-SevenPosted 2/1/2013 1:49:51 AM
I'm all for aggressive play, but more than that, I care about balance.

Season 3 has not balance.
---
My Hubris is bigger than yours.
NA - TheWorld7 & Tragedy Baby // PBE - Je Suis
#23KlobziPosted 2/1/2013 1:59:43 AM
Black Cleaver is still pretty good. You now get 25% armor reduction with 5 hits on an enemy. It's quite good for ADCs.
#24The-World-SevenPosted 2/1/2013 2:01:44 AM
LW > BC on ranged AD
---
My Hubris is bigger than yours.
NA - TheWorld7 & Tragedy Baby // PBE - Je Suis
#25GGAGAHCPosted 2/1/2013 2:27:02 AM
Riot has made it known constantly that they really are all about "you have to make the right decisions and high risk but high reward blah blah blah." Building Warmogs and health is just too safe because you can generally get yourself out of a bad situation purely from being unkillable. It's now low risk to jump into a fight as a melee champ and it's high risk, low reward to not be building health. To see even assassin type champs building health is just ridiculous and I can see how Riot would look at it and think it's just not dynamic enough.
---
c|(:B)--|--<
Howdy ya'll!
#26Dragonfable101Posted 2/1/2013 3:28:07 AM
Xano1234 posted...
Pre-Season 3 Update: Lets make defense cost a ton more, take out many of the defensive items, make armor and magic pen more powerful, and make putting more than 15 points into defense mastery tree pointless.

Next update: Lets increase the cost of health items, which became the only cost effective defense item.

I've always played a defensive game and this makes me sad. On tanky/supports where I already don't farm much, this just makes it more difficult to get any of the items that can actually allow me to tank.

Not really game breaking, just kind of annoying.

Actually putting more than 15 points in the defense mastery tree would make it more pointed.
---
Remember that failure only occurs the moment you've decided you will no longer strive for success.
- Lysamus
#27Big_BovyPosted 2/1/2013 3:37:50 AM
The reason they prefer health stacking is because it's much clearer to see someone is doing so in the UI. Just stacking health or just stacking resistance has always been the worse idea however.

Besides they're nerfing warmog's and giant's belt slightly to stop absolute weiners going it constantly. It's not THAT cost efficient. Hell, if you wanted health per price you'd just go a bunch of ruby crystals.

Bruisers are probably best with Randuin's and Sunfire's. Lack of decent MR items besides Bulwark is slightly tricky though.
---
I come here to argue!
#28MakJussPosted 2/1/2013 3:40:17 AM
Xano1234 posted...
Pre-Season 3 Update: Lets make defense cost a ton more, take out many of the defensive items, make armor and magic pen more powerful, and make putting more than 15 points into defense mastery tree pointless

Tier 5: Defender, Legendary Armor, Good Hands, Reinforced Armor

Defender: Grants 1 armor and magic resist for every nearby enemy champion.
Legendary Armor: Increases bonus armor and magic resist by 2 / 3.5 / 5 %.
Good Hands: Reduces time spent dead by 10%.
Reinforced Armor: Reduces damage taken from critical strikes by 10 %.

-0 points in all of them
These are all kind of silly situational points. There are better ways to invest.

GameFAQs Guide Logic is too stronk , or TC is this Amumu Guide Writer ?
#29Xano1234(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 3:47:29 AM
Big_Bovy posted...
The reason they prefer health stacking is because it's much clearer to see someone is doing so in the UI. Just stacking health or just stacking resistance has always been the worse idea however.

Besides they're nerfing warmog's and giant's belt slightly to stop absolute weiners going it constantly. It's not THAT cost efficient. Hell, if you wanted health per price you'd just go a bunch of ruby crystals.

Bruisers are probably best with Randuin's and Sunfire's. Lack of decent MR items besides Bulwark is slightly tricky though.

You can always get Treads or Banshees for MR.

I just have been amused by the change of things. Probably around a year ago, warmogs was considered a trash item because it ONLY gave flat health. People would just say "bloodrazor and you're owned."

The same way with force of nature. Just health regen with no health? Trash item.

Now apparently things changed in the past couple months that they needed to remove FoN. The old defense masteries focused on the support/tank. It gave MR/Armor/HP/Regen, defense against minions, against champions and gave cooldown and extra money for assists.

There is no point in going defense past like the 3rd row now. The high end defensive things suck. 10% off crits? Congrats, thats 30 less damage. 5 extra MR if all 5 champions are around? Yay? The tenacity and slow resists would be awesome....if you survived long enough to be able to put them to effect.

I did the statistics when the S3 patch first came out and if you only account for masteries, the offensive tree actually completely negates all of the "defense" the defense tree gets you due to the armor pent and extra damage.

I guess its not terrible though. Now I put points into offense and support so my kinda tanky character at least does some damage now.
---
Brawl Friend Code: 1547-4883-9310