really riot? really?

#1kickthegnomePosted 2/1/2013 8:06:24 AM
"08:00 PST - Maintenance is taking longer than expected and we will need to extend it by 3 hours. We apologize for the inconvenience."

seems this happens with every major patch. Riot's maintenance is starting to become more and more like wow's maintenance.
#2ineedaname88Posted 2/1/2013 8:08:55 AM
You'd cry more if they let you play sooner and things weren't working right.
---
Go big or go home broke. Bro-ski.
#3TheSchrefPosted 2/1/2013 8:09:26 AM
Honestly, what do you expect? Problems come up all the time, there isn't much they can do about it. I guarantee when the servers are up and we're all lagging to hell in game, you'll be complaining about that, too. It sucks, but there are other things you can be doing to make the day fly by.

Plan for maintenance days. Go somewhere, watch a few movies, play a different game, etc.
#4DarksteelPosted 2/1/2013 8:10:17 AM
Riot's official response:

"Ya, rly"
---
Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general -Mark Rippetoe
#5Hell0nEarthPosted 2/1/2013 8:30:16 AM(edited)
seems this happens with every major patch

You know, I think you're on to something.
You are entitled to nothing.
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#6MegaSlimePosted 2/1/2013 8:30:27 AM
People are still surprised about this?
---
"Why is it whenever someone says 'with all due respect' they really mean 'kiss my ass'?"-Ashley, Mass Effect
High School Relationships: 99.9% Failure
#7EcchiBakaPosted 2/1/2013 8:31:58 AM
TheSchref posted...
Honestly, what do you expect? Problems come up all the time, there isn't much they can do about it. I guarantee when the servers are up and we're all lagging to hell in game, you'll be complaining about that, too. It sucks, but there are other things you can be doing to make the day fly by.

Plan for maintenance days. Go somewhere, watch a few movies, play a different game, etc.

Or get a goddamn life.
---
LoL: Ecchi Baka/TheGreatestBaka (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2TZhhHOlTA)
Currently reading: Freezing, To-Love-Ru, and a lot of other titles
#8TheSchrefPosted 2/1/2013 8:40:31 AM
KloudtheYoukai posted...
TheSchref posted...

Or get a goddamn life.

One step at a time man. You can't just throw him on the streets.
#9SmalvehPosted 2/1/2013 10:42:19 AM
It's a FREE GAME.
#10DarkLagunaPosted 2/1/2013 11:26:18 AM(edited)
This happens 99% of the time in 99% of server-based multiplayer games with regular maintenance. Especially for large patches like this, especially when they were having other issues on top of it (as we saw the entire day before the patch).

Generally, don't expect to play at all on patch days, and if you do, get ready for login wait times/problems, problems once you're in game, and feel lucky that you got to play at all. =P
---
I feel a draft on my butt...