So with the best of 3/5 rank up matches, do you keep the same team?

#1TekutsoPosted 2/1/2013 10:22:47 AM
Or is it different teams?

That would be kind of cool if you keep the same team for the 2/3 or 3/5 matches, but thats really going to suck when somebody gets an afk/dc in that process, which will happen.

Does anybody know how this works? Does it match you with different people or do you play your rank up series with the same people?
---
"Every man is guilty of all the good he didnt do"~Voltaire
#2BiglabronPosted 2/1/2013 10:33:26 AM(edited)
most likely different people unless the dice roll gives them to you again. It's just a best of 5 or 3 to test your consistency of skill. asking for a 60% win rate in the best of 3 or 5 is not much to ask for from a supposed progressing player. If you even hit the matches odds are you showed at least a 51% win rate to get to the rank up chance.
---
I don't always lose, but when I do it's purple sideu!!!
#3ThanatoszPosted 2/1/2013 10:33:40 AM
It'd be nice if there was a vote for same team kinda thing, or agree to be on the same team. Like "Would you like to continue with members of this team?" Kind of thing, that if you hit it it'd put you into a preque lobby with 1-2 minutes before it started the que, and whoever on that team wanted to continue with the same team or members from the team, you could. And then have a kind of vote kick from pregame lobby thing, so if there was a troll but you guys still won somehow, you could just kick him from the pregame lobby and be matched up with a new player.
---
PSN: Pozeidonz
League of Legends: Poseidonsz
#4Tekutso(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 10:34:36 AM
Biglabron posted...
most likely different people unless the dice roll gives them to you again. It's just a best of 5 or 3 to test your consistency of skill. asking for a 60% win rate in the best of 3 or 5 is not much to ask for from a supposed progressing player. If you even hit the matches odds are you showed at least a 51% win rate to get to the rank up chance.

Yeah i thought thats how it would go. 5 games if it comes down to it is alo of time for 5-10 random people staying in game is a long time lol. It would be cool though to play with the same team/against the same team for the rank up matches, but its time consuming i suppose.
---
"Every man is guilty of all the good he didnt do"~Voltaire
#5BiglabronPosted 2/1/2013 10:40:52 AM(edited)
The productivity of the new system is still to be seen, but i do see it keeping those who never step up and over perform in a carrying situation from ever advancing.

For example, dedicated support players who are not exactly skillful. They may have a bad time advancing if they are actually not that good just getting good adc players rolled onto their team. Its a way for the game to ask you to do a little extra for what you think you deserve in a small series of games. Assuming both teams are equal besides you being better, it means make up that extra bit and get the higher win rate instead of the latter.
---
I don't always lose, but when I do it's purple sideu!!!