I don't understand why people hate Queue Dodgers so much.

#1Skyscraper101Posted 2/1/2013 9:33:47 AM
Are you really that impatient? Do you have nothing else to do that you can't wait another 5 minutes to get another game going? I probably queue dodge ranked about half the time I queue, I personally don't like playing a game where i know we will lose, as I not only waste time playing that game, but I wasted time winning the game before that. I am fine with waiting 30 minutes to re-queue, because I am not an impatient person, and have a life with other things to do to fill that time. I do not think I should be further penalized for making my choice of dodging just because people cry.
#2LuvashiPosted 2/1/2013 9:34:28 AM
Up here at 2.1k elo it could take over an hour to get a game because of dodges.
#3zaingasmPosted 2/1/2013 9:38:56 AM
I don't mind dodgers when someone is obviously trolling and screws up the comp, but it does get annoying when you get like 3 or 4 dodgers in a row.
---
3DS Friend Code: 2019-9981-2913 [PSN:ZainEatsAirplane]
Official Glaceon of the Pokemon X Boards
#4hyorinryuPosted 2/1/2013 10:39:39 AM
I don't mind a few dodges, but around the 15th one or so, it gets annoying as hell.
---
Not changing this sig unless a sequel for Kirby Air Ride is released or I change my mind Started 8 12 2008
#5SorrySleepingPosted 2/1/2013 10:42:39 AM
I don't mind a few dodges, but around the 15th one or so, it gets annoying as hell.

This. If you don't have any dodge penalties other than having to log back in, you never get in game. Oh, didn't get role? dodge. Didn't get OP champion of the month? Dodge. Team comp isn't 200% perfect? Dodge.
---
~{Always Sleeping}~
#6RydethetigerPosted 2/1/2013 10:43:59 AM
Umashi, You dont see many dodges up there anyways right? Alot of people are well versed in many roles and it seems like everybody is alright with playing what they need to to be successful.

Lower ranks on the other hand will dodge because somebody didnt ban Amumu, or because the other team first picks malphite. I guess thats where major complaints come from.

I personally think losing elo, or i guess, LP now, is overboard. I would rather have 1 hour penalties and not suffer a loss to elo/LP because I dont personally want to suffer through troll games. Troll games are seriously unimpressive.
---
Lol IGN: StayFrostty
Elo Experiment Status - 1349
#7MizunoRyuuPosted 2/1/2013 10:46:25 AM
Queue dodgers in Ranked are fine, if, and only if, there's a toxic player on one of the teams who picks something stupid.

They're not fine, under any circumstances, in ARAMs, where the whole point is that the characters are random, and people leave because they don't like the champ they got.
---
Evelynn is my waifu.
Help... Me...
#8happyscrub1Posted 2/1/2013 10:54:50 AM(edited)
Rydethetiger posted...
Umashi, You dont see many dodges up there anyways right? Alot of people are well versed in many roles and it seems like everybody is alright with playing what they need to to be successful.

Watch a stream of any high elo pro player, they go thru atleast 50x as much dodges at your elo.

http://www.lolking.net/streams

enjoy

Edit: I guess current games wouldn't count now.

Watch recored streams like this one:

http://www.twitch.tv/scarra/b/358721138

And watch all the dodges between games.
---
http://happyscrub.com/eloenvy.jpg
You are ignoring 1 message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here
#9RydethetigerPosted 2/1/2013 10:53:34 AM
^ Some reason implying I dont watch streams ever? I frequent XJ9 and those guys, and Really dont see many dodges unless comps really suck. You can usually tell how a game will go at high elo, and you can see HUGE aoe comps getting dodged. They dont get 50x the dodges I get, because people dodge anything irregular and metasheep the hell out of it where im playing. I think I would rather wait 15 minutes for a que and get a dodge or two than wait 3 and get 10 dodges.
---
Lol IGN: StayFrostty
Elo Experiment Status - 1349
#10DarkLagunaPosted 2/1/2013 11:19:09 AM
Queue dodgers waste my time, that's why they annoy me. If they're getting penalized by wasting their time (like a time ban until they can queue again) then they're just getting what they deserve.

I know it's annoying when you end up with some troll on your team, but I'm all for someone trying something new if they can pull it off. I understand the Meta, and why it works, but as we've seen time and again, especially from high rank play, breaking the Meta can have fantastic results, especially since most of the time the opponent isn't expecting it. Being unpredictable and playing mind games can give you a huge advantage. Only if the player knows what they're doing, and communicates with the team, though.

Besides, most of the time I play with an arranged party unless they're working or busy, so it's mostly dodgers from the other team that annoy me. =P
---
I feel a draft on my butt...