I like this game but one thing annoys me

#1SIashPosted 2/1/2013 1:00:23 PM
People acting like 5 year olds calling out roles in pre game lobby.

If I want to play mid or any role really besides support I have to call it out first it's so damn annoying and to hear people QQ because they didn't get the role they want just adds to it.

Why not when you que for a game you choose a role you want to play and once you join a game everybody is already chosen their role so no calling out roles or crying.
---
Proud and exclusive member of BeautifulPeople.com
#2ninplayerPosted 2/1/2013 1:01:14 PM
what
#3The_Real_RiacoPosted 2/1/2013 1:04:17 PM
ninplayer posted...
what
#4snowboard340Posted 2/1/2013 1:06:09 PM
ninplayer posted...
what
#5Sid_IcarusPosted 2/1/2013 1:06:20 PM
ninplayer posted...
what

---
Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean.
Lol IGN- ThatKillerBenoit
#6SorrySleepingPosted 2/1/2013 1:07:13 PM
ninplayer posted...
what

---
~{Always Sleeping}~
#7RydethetigerPosted 2/1/2013 1:07:45 PM
Hes talking a Check box where you can que for ranked as mid, so you will only be placed with people who will do the other 4 roles.

This will not work unfortunately, People will get out of conTROLL, and start picking roles they didnt que for, and there will be HUGE wait times for games as well. Just like Que for DPS in wow, you need to wait forever to get somebody to fill the least desirable role.
---
Lol IGN: StayFrostty
Elo Experiment Status - 1349
#8ssupermario92Posted 2/1/2013 1:09:23 PM
SorrySleeping posted...
ninplayer posted...
what

---
Super Mario Bros. 3 is better then Super Mario World
People who agree: 43 PM if you think so as well Latest person who agrees: RazorSharp02
#9MegeasPosted 2/1/2013 1:11:04 PM
because then it restricts people into specific roles and tends to reduce the other types of comps people want. For example if you have a jungler role you que for then a second top role is gone. Not saying one is better then another, just saying for example.

Another issue is queue times. trying to find two people who would be willing to support is very hard sometimes. Meanwhile 90% of people would queue for top or mid.

Really though I understand the problem. I get tired of people "calling" roles before everyone is even in the lobby myself. Most of my match history is support and once in a while I like to play mid or top. But I continue to be set into the same roles and see people feed and lose easy matches.
#10DarkLagunaPosted 2/1/2013 1:16:55 PM
I think what he's getting at is that you queue for a role when you queue for a match.

But there's tons of inherent problems with that:
-Is it going to force you to only pick champions that can play that role? What about champions that can play multiple roles?
-Queue times are going to be HORRID. Expect times to jump to 15 minutes or more per queue, because hardly anyone actually enjoys playing support, and almost everyone wants a top or mid laner.
-What about breaking/bending the Meta? I've seen some duo tops that destroy the competition, or duo junglers. Sometimes a non-traditional support, like a bruiser or someone with strong poke, work well bottom lane. Mostly it just ends in fail, but a good player or good team can completely screw over the enemy just because it's not what they expect.
-What if someone queues as, say, support, then picks Lulu and goes mid? Or queues Jungler then just stays in top lane all the time?

No, leave the system as-is. Draft pick, the order is already set who gets first/second/third/etc. pick, and blind pick the calling method works (though I've had some issues where my call didn't show up for other players because my PC loaded faster than theirs and I called right away). I hate getting stuck playing support as much as the next guy, but I do it if I have to, and I consider it practice (Since I'm horrible with most supports. =/ ).
---
I feel a draft on my butt...