Nrrrggghhh. Sightstone price increase. Worth rushing anymore?

#1Earthbound360Posted 2/1/2013 2:36:25 PM
I liked old Sightstone. 700g was easily reachable for a first back, and it essentially acted as an extremely useful GP10 item.

Now it's a lo more expensive, a bit too expensive for a first trip back kind of item on support at least. Sure it has a ruby crystal in it now, but are you saying you want to go back with 475+ward money just to go back again later?

There was this one page that proved that going back or thefirst time with 700g on support as the best thing ever, and it made sense. Wards, sighstone acting as a GP10, protection, health, and it all comes so early in the game. But with the changes, is it better than getting a REAL GP10 item now? At least, on your first trip.
---
You know 1% milk? If it's 1% milk, what's the other 99% of white stuff?
General Screenname Name: Mik! || Monster Hunter Profile in Quote
#2FlameLord23Posted 2/1/2013 2:37:50 PM
why the hell were you getting it first back? You lose so much by not getting a philo stone, you lose all that GP10. Hell I back at 700 gold every time and get it and 2 wards just so I have it up as much as possible.

See the thing is, sightstone wasn't even worth it the way it was. Now? It's still not worth it. I've got the math somewhere if you want it.
---
Who needs logic when you can just speak loudly?~cookie_kid
LoL IGN: I Rock Ths
#3SoraOwnsAllPosted 2/1/2013 2:38:24 PM
There was this one page that proved that going back or thefirst time with 700g on support as the best thing ever

I wonder why they nerfed sightstone then.
---
"I'm no hero, never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer hired to do some wet work." - Solid Snake.
#4Fenrir the WolfPosted 2/1/2013 3:06:08 PM(edited)
FlameLord23 posted...
why the hell were you getting it first back? You lose so much by not getting a philo stone, you lose all that GP10. Hell I back at 700 gold every time and get it and 2 wards just so I have it up as much as possible.

See the thing is, sightstone wasn't even worth it the way it was. Now? It's still not worth it. I've got the math somewhere if you want it.

Sightstone gives you more GP10, albeit virtually so.

In other words, you save more money on not buying wards than you earn by sitting on a philo stone.
---
And then John was a zombie.
#5MetleonPosted 2/1/2013 2:43:27 PM(edited)
I actually like this. Usually, I go back and want my Philo Stone and have just enough for a Ruby Crystal as well. Then I would often not get a Sightstone for a while since it didn't build out of anything cheap. Now, I'll just buy it on my second back.

As for not having enough wards, I just buy a few individually on my first back and the 6+ wards I've gotten so far usually last quite a while.

Edit: The reason I don't just save up for the Sightstone in the first place is the fact that I'm usually forced back before I can get enough gold for both Sight and Philo Stone and I need the extra health Ruby Crystal provides so I don't get bursted by the enemy ADC.
---
Generation 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your own signature (on any forum) and add one to the generation number. Social experiment.
#6zeppelin312Posted 2/1/2013 2:47:06 PM
depends on the support, the needs of the lane, and when you blue pill.

If you can't get that first gp10 pretty early the raw health and start towards your sightstone might be worth more.
#7Black_AssassinPosted 2/1/2013 2:48:11 PM
Fenrir the Wolf posted...

In other words, the you save more money on not buying wards than you earn by sitting on a philo stone.

This.
#8CovenantPosted 2/1/2013 3:02:06 PM
Fenrir the Wolf posted...
FlameLord23 posted...

In other words, the you save more money on not buying wards than you earn by sitting on a philo stone.

No man, you don't understand.

He has the math. Somewhere.
#9SmishhhPosted 2/1/2013 3:19:28 PM
"By placing a Ghost Ward every time when it is possible, you will save 150gold/3 min which equates to about 8.33g/10sec". The overall cost effectiveness hasn't been nerfed since the item has been improved along with its increased cost.

Saving up 700g upfront early game is difficult as hell, there are so many cheap things like philo stone that you want to spend your money on straight away. And returning to lane without any additional power or sustainability lets you opponents start to outclass you. Now you can throw a down payment towards your free wards earlier on, and get a chunk of health for an immediate benefit before you finish it.
#10monkeyfetusPosted 2/1/2013 3:30:06 PM
FlameLord23 posted...

Yeah, you could get a philo stone which would net you 100g until you back again, or you could get 4 wards, worth 300g. Unless you wouldn't ward with the philostone your overall gain is more from the sightstone.
---
But I DIDN'T KNOW HE WANTED TO DO ME. Now that I know, I'm sure as hell not gonna whack off near him anymore. -Chaos201