Nrrrggghhh. Sightstone price increase. Worth rushing anymore?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Nrrrggghhh. Sightstone price increase. Worth rushing anymore?

User Info: Suffer_Not

Suffer_Not
3 years ago#21
See the thing is, sightstone wasn't even worth it the way it was. Now? It's still not worth it. I've got the math somewhere if you want it.

http://www.reignofgaming.net/blogs/a-different-view/oldmaneyebrows/22729-why-and-how-supports-should-rush-sightstone

You mean that math? The math that implies you really should have been rushing sightstone?
http://i.imgur.com/7Wah6.jpg
I'm actually incredibly overly passionate and...whats the word...viscous? - EltoniaX

User Info: Earthbound360

Earthbound360
3 years ago#22
Suffer_Not posted...
See the thing is, sightstone wasn't even worth it the way it was. Now? It's still not worth it. I've got the math somewhere if you want it.

http://www.reignofgaming.net/blogs/a-different-view/oldmaneyebrows/22729-why-and-how-supports-should-rush-sightstone

You mean that math? The math that implies you really should have been rushing sightstone?

This is exactly the page I read the first time. Thank you for the post.

But I'm still at a loss here (none of these answers seem very concrete).
Basic start of Faerie, 2 pots, 2 wards, 1 pink, and the mastery items (blue ward and bicuit) means I could stay in lane long enough for just about 700g via sustain and map knowledge.

Now, I have 2 options as far as I can tell.

1. Go back and buy the Philo stone+wards, save up for pieces of the Sighstone until I can get it.
2. Go back and buy the Ruby Crystal+wards, save up for the finished Sighstone and get Philo whenever possible.

Thoughts?
You know 1% milk? If it's 1% milk, what's the other 99% of white stuff?
General Screenname Name: Mik! || Monster Hunter Profile in Quote

User Info: Golden_Mean

Golden_Mean
3 years ago#23
Krepo gets it first back. Then again he backs at like 1k gold. And starts Doran's Shield.
LoL: Rontuaru - "Grasp Destiny. Forfeit Humanity." - Rah Xephon

User Info: VulgusRuina

VulgusRuina
3 years ago#24
What I usually do when I support is Regen Bead, Fairy Charm, a ward and pots. I already have the Explorer Ward and the Biscuit. Then on first back, I get the philo stone, and wards. the second back, sightstone. Now since the change I go back my second time and get a Ruby Crystal, and wards (usually a bunch of them, three or four.) Then when I get a chance, check my needs.:

Do I need more mana regen?
If yes, mana manipulator and wards.
If no, then next question.

Do I need more AP/Gp5?
If yes, amplifying Tome or Kages Lucky pick and wards
If no, then next question.

Can I use more wards?
If yes, sightstone and wards
If no. next step.

Aura Items!

TL;DR: It really depends on how my lane is going.
Gamertag: a Quiet Cactus -I main; MK: Subzero-Working on: Nightwolf, Kabal -Goal: Play each character very well.

User Info: G0dSlay3r

G0dSlay3r
3 years ago#25
I only "rushed" it as the first item if we were winning bot hard since lvl 1 and it didn't feel like things would turn around.

That way, i could spam free wards, skip GP/5 items and start racking up assist gold for actually helpful items that will snowball me even further with useful stats like HP, Armor or aura items.

User Info: Carbonights

Carbonights
3 years ago#26
I would say no.

Even if it's still technically a better GP/10 item (in practice) I'd much prefer the extra mana regen and 25 AP from getting Philo and Lucky Pick to the 180 HP.

I always get it eventually, but it's definitely not worth getting so early.

User Info: TriangularTwig

TriangularTwig
3 years ago#27
its a great idea to rush it if you can. i always have pre-patch. now i dunno if ill be able to but I will always get it on my first back whenever I can. its too good of an item. I can get philo's + kage's after.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Nrrrggghhh. Sightstone price increase. Worth rushing anymore?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived