Honestly this league tier rating system blows... Its just extremely TEDIOUS.

#1angermngment101Posted 2/1/2013 9:43:20 PM
How many games do you have to play now to move up from bronze to gold?

Thousands?
---
Gamefax
#2RydethetigerPosted 2/1/2013 9:45:19 PM
Depends how much you win.

6 or 7 games can net you 100 league points. So if you win, each tier without progression matches will be maybe 40 games.

Bronze was like...1k elo was it not? think of climbing 400 elo, its generally the same.
---
Lol IGN: StayFrostty
Elo Experiment Status - Dooped by League Points...
#3angermngment101(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 9:48:42 PM
No one has a 100% win rate... Even 70% win rate would take a long time.
---
Gamefax
#4RydethetigerPosted 2/1/2013 9:49:58 PM
It was hypothetical. It will take a long time, but it always has. It is still the same amount of play to get to the next league (once they fix this god forsaken loss calculation)
---
Lol IGN: StayFrostty
Elo Experiment Status - Dooped by League Points...
#5BiglabronPosted 2/1/2013 10:11:11 PM(edited)
angermngment101 posted...
No one has a 100% win rate... Even 70% win rate would take a long time.

no a 70% win rate in placements alone nets you like silver 2. The only people who could really hate the current system are bronze players because they can still drop as low as the very bottom at a much faster rate now.
---
I don't always lose, but when I do it's purple sideu!!!
#6angermngment101(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 10:51:58 PM(edited)
Ok, I just won 2 in a row. Im at 37 league points.

So this means, I need to win like.... 6 games, and then a best/3 so like 8 games per division (minimum). That means im going to be playing a ****load of games to get anywhere in this ladder.

Pretty crappy system IMO.
---
Gamefax
#7TrevorkkhoPosted 2/1/2013 10:55:28 PM
Had friends hit gold with NEGATIVE win/lose ratio in ranked. Now it is just impossible even with 3 to 1 win/lose
---
POK Erthroid Myeloid Ontogenic
#8WolferPosted 2/1/2013 11:01:56 PM
If you have a really high hidden elo you'll get more league points per win. If you win every game you'll zoom up there fast.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/bwlfro5
#9Sarick_LyrePosted 2/1/2013 11:03:05 PM
angermngment101 posted...
Ok, I just won 2 in a row. Im at 37 league points.

So this means, I need to win like.... 6 games, and then a best/3 so like 8 games per division (minimum). That means im going to be playing a ****load of games to get anywhere in this ladder.

Pretty crappy system IMO.

The amount of games and it takes to climb while winning is pretty much equal to the Elo system. The only difference is that they're slightly unsynced and that while Elo was a system that only held importance over a long period of time, the league/division system takes importance in smaller amounts.

To climb Elo you had to be able to consistantly climb and win matches, there's the same story here, except an occasional bad streak puts your short term goals further away rather than just making your elo go bad. But anyone capable of climbing will, its just that in the end we're still not capable of climbing.

The only difference in the end is that a short win streak might set you off into another league/divison sooner than most. And a bad streak can make someone take longer than the elo system would. In the long run it doesn't matter, this is just trying to make the game seem more exciting for those watching the challenger tier.
#10Alakazam_fanPosted 2/1/2013 11:05:57 PM
I see those anger management classes haven't been working to their fullest effect...
---
Don't stop, never give up, hold your head high and reach the top. Let the world see what you have got. Bring it all back to you.
~Elise is mai waifu~