I just lost 32 LP... how the ****?

#1_RaveMaster_Posted 2/1/2013 10:21:57 PM
were we really supposed to win that game so hard? I understand you lose more LP if you were supposed to win but 32 LP??? I only get like 15 off wins.
---
~Rave
#2TAMIUS_REBORNPosted 2/1/2013 10:27:23 PM
Game: Match with players with similar skill
*WIN* Game: Ok, good, +15LP
Game: Match with players with similar skill
*WIN* Game: Ok, good, +15LP
Game: Ok you win against people on your skill level, but if I give you worse opponents but much worse allies CAN YOU CARRY!?
*LOSE* Game: You couldn't carry with crappy teammates, so clearly you don't belong at a higher ranking, -32LP, TRY AGAIN.

That's how I think it works.
---
Steam: Calimar777
XBL: Calimar
#3_RaveMaster_(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 11:23:36 PM
I don't know what to do... time to man up and raise my 60% win rate to 90% I guess...
---
~Rave
#4ZimmianZiskPosted 2/1/2013 11:29:30 PM
is you gain about 15 LP per win
and lose about 30 LP per loss
then you only need an above 66% winrate to advance.

winning more than 2/3 of your games is solid evidence that you should be in a higher league.
winning between 40% and 60% of your games is solid evidence that you are in the right place.
losing more than that means you should probably be lower.

fair.
---
The guy who thinks Karma is a viable champion.
Hero's aren't made. They're cornered.
#5TheSchrefPosted 2/1/2013 11:31:48 PM
I won 3, lost 2, dc'd one and got demoted.

EXPLAIN THAT ONE!
#6dennis941012Posted 2/1/2013 11:34:09 PM
is you gain about 15 LP per win
and lose about 30 LP per loss
then you only need an above 66% winrate to advance.

winning more than 2/3 of your games is solid evidence that you should be in a higher league.
winning between 40% and 60% of your games is solid evidence that you are in the right place.
losing more than that means you should probably be lower.

fair.

2/3 = lose elo
3/4 = win elo
---
(>")> <(' ')> <("<)
~GameFAQs LoL Board Supreme Leader~> voted by http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=89123
#7_RaveMaster_(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 12:35:02 AM
TheSchref posted...

EXPLAIN THAT ONE!

I been hearing if you lose 3 in a row at any point it's auto drop in tier? So idk.
---
~Rave
#8Ultraknight64Posted 2/2/2013 12:49:09 AM
TheSchref posted...

EXPLAIN THAT ONE!

I been hearing if you lose 3 in a row at any point it's auto drop in tier? So idk.

Well unless you have more than like 95 lp you are going down because you lose 32 per game.
---
Not happy with committing just murder, he had to go and dirty the courthouse, too!? GUILTY - Judge
#9Sarick_LyrePosted 2/2/2013 12:55:01 AM(edited)
_RaveMaster_ posted...
TheSchref posted...

EXPLAIN THAT ONE!

Took me 4 loses in a row to do that (at zero LP). Although most of those loses are due to the hype around ranked right now and people trying to troll or just people who had a luck first few wins (just as an example two of my games had intentional feeders).

Not too annoyed I've lost them.

PS: You had to have over 50% winrate anyway to get higher ELO. If you always win 2/3 games your hidden MMR will rise and the amount of League Points you get will increase per win until its easy to get 100. Its basically the same system as before.