I love Steel Legion Lux....

#11StaticPenguin(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 11:31:52 AM
BerserkFGriffth posted...
Why would anyone use any skin other than Spellthief?

Looks too brown in game for me. Iron man(rescue?) Suit > all
---
I named him Waggleton P. Tallylicker. I never got the chance to tell him. He will be remembered. ~ Grayson Hunt
#12DeanyzyPosted 2/2/2013 11:35:58 AM
I like the animations and spell effects but I'm not keen on the look.
#13DiortePosted 2/2/2013 11:36:10 AM
So bummed that Steel Legion Garen/Lux are arguably the same quality as Aether Wing Kayle and cost like half as much :/
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKM-XSYKrFo
#14StaticPenguin(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 1:41:39 PM
Diorte posted...
So bummed that Steel Legion Garen/Lux are arguably the same quality as Aether Wing Kayle and cost like half as much :/

Maybe it's because they released both skins at the same time so to encourage people to buy them, they priced them lower than Kayle. That and from what I understand people weren't too keen on the Lux anyway and they almost didn't release it.

Doesn't matter though. I like it.
---
I named him Waggleton P. Tallylicker. I never got the chance to tell him. He will be remembered. ~ Grayson Hunt
#15eggbasketPosted 2/2/2013 1:44:18 PM
They're not the same quality however. No new animations or sounds.
---
There's far too much trash in the universe.
#16StaticPenguin(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 1:48:24 PM
eggbasket posted...

That too.
---
#17DiortePosted 2/2/2013 1:49:20 PM
StaticPenguin posted...
Diorte posted...

Maybe it's because they released both skins at the same time so to encourage people to buy them, they priced them lower than Kayle. That and from what I understand people weren't too keen on the Lux anyway and they almost didn't release it.

I don't think they almost didn't release it, I'm pretty sure the response was "Well we already made it, so it's stupid to not release it and make another one when we can just release this and make another one since it's the same amount of time devoted to skins."

eggbasket posted...

Incorrect, they both contain new sounds and animations, I don't know how you can't see them... I mean, they're all electrical and junk. If you mean new voiceovers... if you're buying Aether Wing Kayle for her new voiceover... I'm sorry...
---
#18StaticPenguin(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 1:53:59 PM
Diorte posted...
StaticPenguin posted...
Diorte posted...

I don't think they almost didn't release it, I'm pretty sure the response was "Well we already made it, so it's stupid to not release it and make another one when we can just release this and make another one since it's the same amount of time devoted to skins."

From what I heard it started out as "everyone hates it, let's not release it", THEN they just said "**** it, we're releasing it."

Wish they would have done that during this Goth Annie debacle too.
---
#19DiortePosted 2/2/2013 2:07:36 PM
StaticPenguin posted...
Diorte posted...
StaticPenguin posted...
Diorte posted...

From what I heard it started out as "everyone hates it, let's not release it", THEN they just said "**** it, we're releasing it."

Wish they would have done that during this Goth Annie debacle too.

I still have no idea what the Goth Annie thing is. What's the deal with that?
---
#20Abiz_Posted 2/2/2013 2:17:03 PM(edited)
I still have no idea what the Goth Annie thing is. What's the deal with that?

Goth Annie could only be gotten in a bundle pack. They wanted to offer the skin out to people that had or didn't want those bundle characters at a Skin rp price. People who bought the bundle already got angry about not being special snowflakes and riot back off. Which just pissed off the other people that want it and not the bundle.
---
Interestingly enough, video game companies used to be able to make money without selling out like cheap prostitutes.-KaiserWarrior