Opinions on thresh

#1mkekPosted 2/2/2013 1:47:16 AM
Recently i have not really been a fan of thresh, top thresh seem to not do much damge while support threshs just kinda were worse versions of blitz

But then i played with a good thresh and my eyes were opened.
Was jungling skarner and every time i came to gank thresh would place a lantern near me then walk towards enemy and grab them leaving me flying towards them as i clicked lantern.

Thresh now is fav support, but oh man why can't people understand how to use him
#2QuetzalmaPosted 2/2/2013 2:35:15 AM
because most people just go on the "new champion" ride and use him
I myself am a Support-only person, I only play support and Thresh is one of my top 3 picks for Supports, along with Janna and Sona
A good Thresh is pretty strong

Also, on the Top Thresh stuff, his skills aren't supposed to be the damage dealers, his Q passive is, so to have him strong, you need to alot of AD, when you get like 300 AD, your first attack(Red Charged Q) will easily deal over 1000
#3aHappySackaPosted 2/2/2013 2:36:26 AM
He's going to be nerfed when people hop on the Thresh bandwagon.
---
Kitty Kat --> /\_/\
.................=(^_^)=
#4QuetzalmaPosted 2/2/2013 2:38:47 AM
most likely, yeah
just you wait until some pro starts using him on Top, everyone will say he's awesome and OP
#5Ava_BalthierPosted 2/2/2013 2:44:29 AM
As an ADC main, I know a couple of friends who play thresh well, and have used him exclusively since release. And I can safely say that he is ridiculously strong, A support thresh starting AD/Support runes can control the lane so hard for the first 15 minutes because of the stupid amounts of damage his Q passive does. If he manages to land a hook its over for whoever he caught if you pick an ADC who has burst or CC *twitch/varus/draven/graves/vayne/sivir*
---
welcome to the world of online gaming, where nobody is your friend, and your friends, yeah they hate you too.
#6Reaper_MinionPosted 2/2/2013 6:04:51 AM
Probably the best support past laning phase. He's just so useful to have.
---
/|\ http://i48.tinypic.com/2pzcsv7.jpg
\|/ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE7x0WLz7SY
#7MonkeymooXDPosted 2/2/2013 6:30:21 AM
I miss his music.
#8mistrfantasyPosted 2/2/2013 10:09:18 AM
He's completely inferior to blitz. His q is better with its passive and stun classification, but thresh lacks an escape mechanism like blitz's w and his ult is also Meh. He has some nice combos, but they are mostly just gimmicks.
#9T3h_4rb1t0rPosted 2/2/2013 10:11:07 AM
seriously they just dont get it... CLICK THE #(*@ing LANTERN
---
george washington was in a cult , and the cult was into aliens, man. yea the founding fathers were way into aliens.
#10SorrySleepingPosted 2/2/2013 10:12:50 AM
He's completely inferior to blitz. His q is better with its passive and stun classification, but thresh lacks an escape mechanism like blitz's w and his ult is also Meh. He has some nice combos, but they are mostly just gimmicks.

Thresh gives your ADC an escape option if they lack one.
Thresh can be more useful if they miss Q.
Thresh creates amazing ganking potential with W.

Blitz is the gimmick champion. Pull or lose. Thresh can do more than pull.
---
~{Always Sleeping}~