I am now convinced that the way to carry out of Silver Tier...

#1G0dSlay3rPosted 2/2/2013 8:42:21 AM
Is to go jungle, mid or support.
Or top if Shen somehow manages to get through the ban phase, then proceed to faceroll.

Don't go AD carry. Chances are you'll get a support that doesn't know what the hell he/she is doing and will just proceed to get you both killed.

And with the nerfs to AD items overall in this patch and previous patches(BT costs 200 more gold, LW costs more, attack speed items cost more and give less stats than they used to etc.), being an AD carry means you will have very little impact on the game unless you get extremely fed.
Or you get 5-6 full items at some point in the game, if you haven't already lost 'till then.

Another thing that messed up AD carries pretty badly is the anti-snowball mechanic.
People are barely worth 100 Gold after their third death. So even if you're 4/0 as an AD carry and you keep killing those poor souls in the enemy bot lane, if those dudes never get any kills they will end up being worth less than minions on their 4th or 5th death.
That means you're not exactly getting all that fed as you might think you are.

Add to the fact that 90% of the people in Silver and even Gold Tier don't know what peeling in teamfights even is, means that you're gonna have a bad time trying to have an impact on the match as the AD carry.
#2xDarknezzxPosted 2/2/2013 8:47:36 AM(edited)
G0dSlay3r posted...

alt f4
#3iiTryhardPosted 2/2/2013 8:50:42 AM
I say go top. Many top laners can HARD CARRY through mid game-late game (rumble, irelia, olaf, jax, etc.)

Jungle relies on your laners being competent

support relies on your ADC being competent (which is never the case in solo queue)

mid is good for carrying as well, can affect all lanes but still do a lot of the damage needed to win
---
XBL: iiTryHaard
Yes, i i do try hard http://www.lowbird.com/data/images/2012/08/imgur-dofor.jpg
#4BhelliumPosted 2/2/2013 8:51:47 AM
so what godslayer is saying is he stops csing in teamphase
---
If Pluto is not a planet Europe is just West Asia.
#5G0dSlay3r(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 9:06:27 AM
xDarknezzx posted...
G0dSlay3r posted...

alt f4

Someone like Leona, Blitz, Alistar can spoon-feed kills to either their AD carry or jungler, along with having absolutely fantastic teamfight utility.
They don't carry fights by doing insane damage, but they absolutely carry fights with their CC and the ability to protect their carries or lock down the enemy carries.

What can an AD carry that's been left alone do? Pretty much try to run and kite.

Yes. I'd rather go a support than AD carry in soloqueue these days if i want to win.

Also, i dislike going top since it's the lane that has the least impact on the other lanes. Best you can do is gank mid or ward the enemy jungle and try counterjungling if you don't have some sort of global ulti.
There's nothing more frustrating than seeing both mid and bot lose while you're wrecking top and then eventually get camped by the now very fed enemy jungler/mid.
#6NeoAndurilPosted 2/2/2013 9:08:38 AM
I say go top. Many top laners can HARD CARRY through mid game-late game (rumble, irelia, olaf, jax, etc.)

Jungle relies on your laners being competent

support relies on your ADC being competent (which is never the case in solo queue)

mid is good for carrying as well, can affect all lanes but still do a lot of the damage needed to win

you just get yourself banned well before that happens.

Supports can carry games, but if you want to carry hard, go jungle. You have the biggest potential impact on the most important part of the game. The first 20 minutes.
#7GetHighAndPlayPosted 2/2/2013 9:14:23 AM
Mid is probably the best role to take if you want to carry games simply because you have much more map open to you and more impact on other lanes/jungle.
---
XboX Live = Lyle420