"lets kill nashor"

#11MizunoRyuuPosted 2/2/2013 10:24:28 AM
I'm on EuNE and the norm here is Baron and Drake, though I call it Dragon because I'm English.
---
Evelynn is my waifu.
Help... Me...
#12mrmonstrPosted 2/2/2013 10:24:42 AM
_SNAGRAT_LIE posted...
This is what europeans actually say

WTF? No EU West player has ever refered to baron nashor as "nashor" they call it "baron" and they don't call dragon "drake" they call it "dragon"

But usually people just ping.
---
LoL: mrmonstr
#13Cookie BagPosted 2/2/2013 10:25:06 AM
Emoglobin posted...
To be fair, his name IS Nashor. Baron refers to the fact that he is a Baron. It's not his name. How would YOU like to be called "Guy"?

Pretty sure his tooltip says Baron Nashor, so that's his name in game.
---
Give me my god DAMN TEA!
#14MegeasPosted 2/2/2013 10:29:59 AM
Emoglobin posted...
To be fair, his name IS Nashor. Baron refers to the fact that he is a Baron. It's not his name. How would YOU like to be called "Guy"?

Baron is his title and therefore is a sign of respect to call him Baron. the same as saying your highness or Mr. President.
#15EmoglobinPosted 2/2/2013 10:32:05 AM
Cookie Bag posted...
Emoglobin posted...

Pretty sure his tooltip says Baron Nashor, so that's his name in game.

Baron is his title. He is a baron and his name is Nashor, Kinda like Prince William. His NAME isn't prince.
---
"There's no point having the biggest and most explosive gun operated by someone who can only use a slingshot. That's what the Vita is"
#16DeadpooL7Posted 2/2/2013 10:32:32 AM
Emoglobin posted...

Except guy isnt my title and Baron is a title... assuming its even his title and not his name (do we really know if its a name or a title?). So thats not at all similar.

It would be more like (assuming its a title) a king named Todd and saying lets go kill the king while someone else says lets go kill Todd. I think using the title makes more sense as there is only 1 king but who knows how many Todds.
#17DiortePosted 2/2/2013 10:37:35 AM
I'm actually surprised "Let's kill Drake" hasn't caught on...
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKM-XSYKrFo
#18Master Of The DeadPosted 2/2/2013 10:41:38 AM
People on EUW call Dragon Drake all the time. I usually just say Drag.
---
Gamertag: Dayy Hughes ~~~~~ Summoner Name (LoL EUW): Arcanine -----www.youtube.com/DayyHughes
http://i.imgur.com/jcW29.gif
#19doug123Posted 2/2/2013 11:30:25 AM
There's only one Baron on the map, so it's pretty obvious who it refers to if you simply say "Baron."

Sure if you say the entire sentence then you should say "kill THE Baron."
#20BhelliumPosted 2/2/2013 11:38:17 AM
i don't think nashor is actually a baron
---
If Pluto is not a planet Europe is just West Asia.