you can now deny Towers

#21EnclosurePosted 2/2/2013 2:54:15 PM
pinkpantherfan5 posted...
Zerothma posted...
Try_Harder_Nubz posted...

Denying

Stupid mechanic

rofl
Fantastic mechanic. Makes perfect sense. Next you are going to tell me it adds skill to the game, and that's why it's good. Lol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_invasion_of_Russia
Worked for Mother Russia

Awesome idea. All champs and minions should take damage over time as long as they are alive.
---
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/1678/87591610.jpg
#22mrmonstrPosted 2/2/2013 2:58:32 PM
Didn't realise you could deny towers in Dota2 aswell (learn something new everyday)

At least if you could deny towers someone could deny before some idiot thinks a 10HP tower can protect them from 3 man gank, therefore killing himself...
---
LoL: mrmonstr
#23CovenantPosted 2/2/2013 3:12:29 PM
Tower denying reduces the reward for skilled play by allowing people who are failing to defend their towers to deny their opponents their just reward of global gold.

This idea would also slow the game down and shift focus away from objectives and towards mindlessly chasing after kills in non-professional games.

It would be bad, as most silly dota mechanics are for games that aren't trying to be just like dota.
#24GoldenFantasyPosted 2/2/2013 3:16:42 PM
In Dota 2, gold is harder to come by than LoL because of how the game works. Minions, towers, and a lesser extent, creeps, are the only things that give gold.

Denying a kill makes it so that your opponent does get any gold. The opposite is that you don't get any gold either and a cs because you're denying. However, this is what makes duo lanes stronger in Dota 2 than in LoL.

You can make whatever analogies you like in real life war situations, but this is a game.
---
Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of all ice giants.
I don't see many ice giants around. - ff12and3rocks
#25funkyfritterPosted 2/2/2013 3:19:01 PM
Covenant posted...
Tower denying reduces the reward for skilled play by allowing people who are failing to defend their towers to deny their opponents their just reward of global gold.

This idea would also slow the game down and shift focus away from objectives and towards mindlessly chasing after kills in non-professional games.

Tower denial encourages the attacking team to keep up the pressure as the tower gets low so it can't be denied. That tends to put more focus on objectives and rewards coordination from both sides.
---
And with that...pow! I'm gone!
#26Looked gfPosted 2/2/2013 3:23:21 PM
SexualPizza posted...
IIRC, you get 150 gold for the team for destroying a tower. Hardly seems worth it if denial were in place.

Plus, denying is a stupid mechanic anyway.

Best joke of the day
---
http://i.minus.com/iYsZxnY2RtQVH.gif
#27The Last CetraPosted 2/2/2013 3:31:01 PM
SexualPizza posted...
IIRC, you get 150 gold for the team for destroying a tower. Hardly seems worth it if denial were in place.

Plus, denying is a stupid mechanic anyway.

Yeah, totally not worth it. The same way killing the dragon for a 190 gold bonus to your entire team is not relevant or important in any way.
---
Kakugo Ha Yoi Ka... Isshun Sengeki!
My Fists Bleed Death
#28HyperDragonPosted 2/2/2013 3:32:38 PM
Covenant posted...

It would be bad, as most silly dota mechanics are for games that aren't trying to be just like dota.

Tower denying increases the reward for skilled play by allowing people who are really good at actually doing the objective of the game to take the enemies towers to try to prevent them from denying them, instead of backing to base to get items.

This idea would speed the game up because your team won't AFK farm jungle or back to base after every team fight in order to get their gold.

---

Not hard to flip that around...also you still get gold if a tower gets denied, you just get less.
#29leet_x1337Posted 2/2/2013 3:37:38 PM
In Dota 2, the entire team gets 200 gold when you kill a tower, plus extra for whoever got the last hit. It works the same in LoL, but with a different value. When you deny a tower, the enemy team only gets 100 gold each, and no last hit bonus - half as much or less, and I don't see any reason why it'd be any different in LoL.

Then again, since denying will probably never be added to the game at all, you guys probably shouldn't be worrying about it.
---
Now Playing: Alpha Protocol
Updated: 07/01/13
#30djprofessork1Posted 2/2/2013 3:43:45 PM
Zerothma posted...
Try_Harder_Nubz posted...

Denying

Stupid mechanic

rofl

*Goes to war*

*Shoots ally soldier because he's injured*

"what i was just making it so the enemy couldn't get the kill"

*later on...*

"what I just blew up our outpost because it was damaged"

Fantastic mechanic. Makes perfect sense. Next you are going to tell me it adds skill to the game, and that's why it's good. Lol.

Last-hitting doesn't make any sense either.
---
If you believe in Goku, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your signature.