Can you drop leagues?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Can you drop leagues?
2 years ago#1
My friend is gold league (bottom division) and he doesn't want to duo with me because he's afraid he'll drop leagues (yeah... real nice of him to say).

Does this even happen? I thought he'd just be at the bottom of his division always if he lost.

Also, who would we pair up with if we duoed? We aren't in the same league name...
---
Love me long time.
2 years ago#2
MissCarriage posted...
My friend is gold league (bottom division) and he doesn't want to duo with me because he's afraid he'll drop leagues (yeah... real nice of him to say).

How is that unfriendly?
Why does being your friend mean he should have an elevated view of your skill?
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
2 years ago#3
It's in the patch notes. You can only drop divisions, not leagues. This is an interesting concept because as time increases, there should be a higher saturation of players in the higher leagues.
---
IGN-CNLAviator
2 years ago#4
CNLSanders posted...
It's in the patch notes. You can only drop divisions, not leagues. This is an interesting concept because as time increases, there should be a higher saturation of players in the higher leagues.

Except baddies will always be bad and unlikely to win placement matches.
---
If its elitist to want decent performance, accountability, and class knowledge from the people you play with... SIGN ME UP!
2 years ago#5
Neo_PortaPotty posted...
CNLSanders posted...

Except baddies will always be bad and unlikely to win placement matches.

Essentially. IIRC, your promotion matches are against those in the next division/league
---
Idealism is seeing potential. Pragmatism is seeing consequences.
2 years ago#6
TC must be a girl. Explains why someone gold wouldn't want to duo huehueuhehue
---
gibe moni pls
Add me I'm good. ign Schmelton
2 years ago#7
You can drop leagues only if you don't play for a long time, analogous to elo decay.
---
And then John was a zombie.
2 years ago#8
Okay thanks guys.
---
Love me long time.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Can you drop leagues?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived