Ever since this new League system started...

#1G0dSlay3rPosted 2/2/2013 2:42:57 PM
... I've actually been getting teams that communicate.

Ok, my first two matches were kind of meh and had your typical elo-hell stuff from the old days.

But after only one day, most of the scrubby people already dropped to lower divisions.
And now... now it's actually fun to play ranked.

One match, we had a CAPS LOCK Volibear support in our team that just spammed insults and pinged people under their turret or whatever.
Instead of calling him stupid, insulting him and arguing in general, the rest of our team just decided to use him as a meat-shield.
We let him go in first, take most of the damage and we just cleaned up.
He still raged and at one point our top and Voli started arguing and threatening to AFK.
It didn't fall apart though. Just kept repeating "dudes, this is a free win, just come fight and take it".

Second match i found myself against a team that had an unusual composition, mainly by having Viktor support.
And Viktor pretty much wrecked bot lane.
Top was our Jayce vs Darius, mid was our Brand vs AP Yi, jungle was Vi vs Lee.
I ganked the everliving **** out of top and mid, went 4/0.
But top didn't actually know how Jayce actually counters Darius and he kept trying to 1vs1 him in a straight fight twice in a row.
Bot apparently never played against Viktor, so they kept getting caught and killed by his stasis field. Fortunately, Viktor picked up the kills and their Ezreal only got assists.
Team started to despair, Jayce kept grumbling about how the match is over. As a 5/0 Vi at that point, i was having none of that.
Started building really tanky with Brutalizer being my only real damage item.
Gave Jayce our blue and told him to spam E-Q whenever he could, enemy blue to Brand and told everyone to group up.
They (surprisingly) listened to me and we wrecked every teamfight, either acing the enemy team or forcing one or two survivors to run from us.

Those are just two that i remember. There were losses of course, but none were because of feeders or cockyness. Players didn't chase a single target halfway across the map or stuff like that, surprisingly.

I might like this new system. At least until i reach the lowest Division of a new Tier where i might get matched up with people that don't belong there... we shall see.
#213loopPosted 2/2/2013 2:48:23 PM
Nice man. At least you are having a good experience with ranked. I don't have the audacity to try ranked yet, but maybe ill play a game or two. Hopefully you were right about the bad people
---
Steam/LoL- 13loop
Playing: CS:GO,LoL,TF2
#3Pierre_Mcguire_Posted 2/2/2013 3:15:13 PM
Except for the fact that you are matched with players based on Elo, and not division. The matchmaking system has not changed at all.
---
Wham, Wham! Kabam, KABAM!
A double kabam, and it's a DOUBLE DION!
#4MonkeymooXDPosted 2/2/2013 3:40:26 PM
Eh, so far the standard of players has been better in terms of personality, but god damn are they making stupid mistakes.
#5G0dSlay3r(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 4:20:16 PM(edited)
Pierre_Mcguire_ posted...
Except for the fact that you are matched with players based on Elo, and not division. The matchmaking system has not changed at all.

Checked that for myself.
I was matched with players from Silver I, II and one player from Bronze Division I in my team(he duo'd with a Silver tiered player in our team).

In any case, it might be worth waiting it out for a few days to let the baddies drop Divisions(or lose "elo") so you'll have a better chance to get better teammates.

The difference between the League and the Elo system is that gaining LP is much harder than gaining Elo.
So if someone is bad and he drops a division after several consecutive losses, his MMR drops and he gains less LP, so there's less chance that he'll be back into your elo/MMR/Division after getting carried for 2-3 matches.
That was possible with the old Elo system, especially for people still doing their placement matches. Win two matches and you're already getting matched with people that have 1350+ elo, ruining their games.

This time, placement matches seem to have their own queue and you won't be seeing people doing placement matches in something like Silver II.
#6DualitypainPosted 2/2/2013 4:20:20 PM
The first game I had for the season, my team went 13-0 by the 10 minute mark, and we ended it 22-1. It felt great to start the season on such an feel-good game.
---
LoL IGN: Mr Microwave
#7Pierre_Mcguire_Posted 2/2/2013 5:29:03 PM
G0dSlay3r posted...
Pierre_Mcguire_ posted...

Checked that for myself.
I was matched with players from Silver I, II and one player from Bronze Division I in my team(he duo'd with a Silver tiered player in our team).

In any case, it might be worth waiting it out for a few days to let the baddies drop Divisions(or lose "elo") so you'll have a better chance to get better teammates.

The difference between the League and the Elo system is that gaining LP is much harder than gaining Elo.
So if someone is bad and he drops a division after several consecutive losses, his MMR drops and he gains less LP, so there's less chance that he'll be back into your elo/MMR/Division after getting carried for 2-3 matches.
That was possible with the old Elo system, especially for people still doing their placement matches. Win two matches and you're already getting matched with people that have 1350+ elo, ruining their games.

This time, placement matches seem to have their own queue and you won't be seeing people doing placement matches in something like Silver II.

???

I don't know what you mean by you "checked it yourself"... you could read the FAQ fro the new system (http://competitive.na.leagueoflegends.com/article/new-league-system-coming-soon-ranked) and you can see right there in black and white that you are still matched up with people based on Elo, but your Elo is simply hidden now, just as it is in normal games.

I have no idea why you think gaining LP is "harder" than gaining Elo, but whatever floats your boat.
---
Wham, Wham! Kabam, KABAM!
A double kabam, and it's a DOUBLE DION!