Dyrus and TheOddOne are in the same League and Division

#1CNLSandersPosted 2/2/2013 3:29:54 PM
Division I Platinum, Malzahar's Captains. xPobelter is right there at 70 LP with TheOddOne. Personally, I think the League system is cool in that it allows us to visually see how certain players match up. Essentially, it's the same as Elo, but it's just done in a better way.
---
IGN-CNLAviator
#2LithspPosted 2/2/2013 3:31:46 PM
I kinda like it.

It's just cool scrolling around seeing people in whatever division etc..

But the top champs thing is way off. Mine has my third top champ as like Maokai, I've used him like, 5 times.
---
[]Signature[]
#3Lord GrahfPosted 2/2/2013 3:32:14 PM
Division I Platinum, Malzahar's Captains. xPobelter is right there at 70 LP with TheOddOne. Personally, I think the League system is cool in that it allows us to visually see how certain players match up. Essentially, it's the same as Elo, but it's just done in a better way.

How is it better than just looking at their Elo and seeing which one is higher? Especially right now that every single person in diamond got reset to Platinum I?
---
Not changing this sig until Walter Mondale is elected president.
Currently Playing: Pepper II, Venture, Frogger
#4FlorenceLightsPosted 2/2/2013 3:36:23 PM

How is it better than just looking at their Elo and seeing which one is higher? Especially right now that every single person in diamond got reset to Platinum I?

Seeing the names in relative standing to each other is a better visual representation than two plain numbers. Why is that so hard for people to understand?
#5NeoAndurilPosted 2/2/2013 3:36:49 PM

it's not. But sheep are notoriously duped by the idea of novelty.
#6CheezWhizXPosted 2/2/2013 3:39:10 PM
Lord Grahf posted...

Visual representation. Anyways, everyone that was in Diamond and is supposed to be higher is getting like +40 LP per win and barely any LP for losses because the system knows they're supposed to be higher.
---
I sense a disturbance in the force.
PKMN Diamond FC: 0560 6381 4898
#7Reaper_MinionPosted 2/2/2013 4:00:17 PM
The top champs thing takes recent games into account, which means that it will become more accurate as you play. It's not your overall history.
---
/|\ http://i48.tinypic.com/2pzcsv7.jpg
\|/ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE7x0WLz7SY
#8G0dSlay3rPosted 2/2/2013 4:22:13 PM
Lord Grahf posted...

Random four-digit numbers are obviously better than having a Tier/Division system that actually, ya know, does mean that people that advance to a Tier earned that advancement.
#9BerserkFGriffthPosted 2/2/2013 4:23:29 PM
Reaper_Minion posted...
The top champs thing takes recent games into account, which means that it will become more accurate as you play. It's not your overall history.

no, the top champs code is just broken

It can't register double digits, so your top champs are always going to be the ones with 9, 8, 7, etc games played.
---
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u144/Shenneh/Gifs%20Sora/d6f4073a17f3c6ae431f6c4in5.jpg
#10Fenrir the WolfPosted 2/2/2013 4:28:55 PM
That's an amusing oversight
---
And then John was a zombie.