Why do people dislike RIot?

#11Sid_IcarusPosted 2/2/2013 5:29:51 PM
Because of entitlement and their inability to compare Riot to the vast majority of companies that run their F2P games much much worse.
---
Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean.
Lol IGN- ThatKillerBenoit
#12BlocktopusPosted 2/2/2013 5:32:11 PM
omegaraijin posted...
mystermandragon posted...
because they have never played a Nexon game. =p

^This is why I never complain about riot, at least they aren't nexon...

This completely. If they aren't as bad as nexon I literally have nothing to complain about.
---
http://i.imgur.com/cuYAp.gif
ign toki
#13iddZk33pPosted 2/2/2013 5:32:53 PM
because they used to be less about money than they currently are

now it's all about skins, sales, 7800 ip releases, 1300 skins, bundles, and a bunch of other stuff.

the members in charge of balancing are also pretty terrible
---
http://www.nerfnow.com/comic/image/728
#14EnclosurePosted 2/2/2013 5:40:34 PM
I don't hate riot. I hate the fanbase more.

Blocktopus posted...
omegaraijin posted...
mystermandragon posted...
because they have never played a Nexon game. =p

^This is why I never complain about riot, at least they aren't nexon...

This completely. If they aren't as bad as nexon I literally have nothing to complain about.

Nexon made Shattered Galaxy. That was awesome.
Then they killed it with every decision regarding the game they could possibly make. RAGE.
---
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/1678/87591610.jpg
#15CheezWhizXPosted 2/2/2013 5:41:59 PM
iddZk33p posted...

now it's all about skins, sales, 7800 ip releases, 1300 skins, bundles, and a bunch of other stuff.

Are you kidding me? They've been greedy since day 1.
---
I sense a disturbance in the force.
PKMN Diamond FC: 0560 6381 4898
#16DartkunPosted 2/2/2013 6:35:14 PM
CheezWhizX posted...
iddZk33p posted...

Absolutely deny.

All the first limited skins were 520 RP (except for 1), many of the skins were very low priced.

Champions pricing used to be variable with actually low priced champions coming out

Season 1 got Kayle for any ranking and Jarvan for Gold+ for free
Season 2 got Janna for Gold+ but Riven was 975 RP

This whole "Well the more effort we put into the skin, the more RP we demand for it" is crap. They used to release skins for cheaper AND they had a smaller audience at that point. Now they have a HUGE audience for the skins and they constantly raise the price of them.

I don't fault them for being greedy, if I had investors and a large captive audience, I'd probably milk them also, but let's be fair here. They HAVE gotten progressively more greedier.

And this isn't the whole "AMG TEH GAMER INTITLEMANTZ" I honestly do not give a crap about people who whine for free stuff like IP boosts whenever things go down. I've been here since Sept 2009 and have only truly complained about "Recallgate", the initial jungle change (Which Riot did infact roll back) and Finales Funkeln. But let's call a spade a spade. Compare how many free skins, boosts and even a Rune page Riot gave away before they were backed by international companies to now. Even the most ardent Riot apologist can do basic arithmetic.
---
BlazBlue CSX: Mu-12 and Taokaka
youtube.com/user/Shinius
#17EnclosurePosted 2/2/2013 6:36:47 PM
Whats "Recallgate"?
---
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/1678/87591610.jpg
#18B01tPosted 2/2/2013 6:38:44 PM
Enclosure posted...
Whats "Recallgate"?

---
Idealism is seeing potential. Pragmatism is seeing consequences.
#19mystermandragonPosted 2/2/2013 6:39:03 PM
Dartkun posted...
CheezWhizX posted...
iddZk33p posted...

Absolutely deny.

All the first limited skins were 520 RP (except for 1), many of the skins were very low priced.

Champions pricing used to be variable with actually low priced champions coming out

Season 1 got Kayle for any ranking and Jarvan for Gold+ for free
Season 2 got Janna for Gold+ but Riven was 975 RP

This whole "Well the more effort we put into the skin, the more RP we demand for it" is crap. They used to release skins for cheaper AND they had a smaller audience at that point. Now they have a HUGE audience for the skins and they constantly raise the price of them.

I don't fault them for being greedy, if I had investors and a large captive audience, I'd probably milk them also, but let's be fair here. They HAVE gotten progressively more greedier.

And this isn't the whole "AMG TEH GAMER INTITLEMANTZ" I honestly do not give a crap about people who whine for free stuff like IP boosts whenever things go down. I've been here since Sept 2009 and have only truly complained about "Recallgate", the initial jungle change (Which Riot did infact roll back) and Finales Funkeln. But let's call a spade a spade. Compare how many free skins, boosts and even a Rune page Riot gave away before they were backed by international companies to now. Even the most ardent Riot apologist can do basic arithmetic.

all this is true, but its a free game so they can do what they want and compared to Nexon they are saints.
---
Sig won't change until my sister thinks re4 is a good game. number of people who support=9
#20MKID232Posted 2/2/2013 6:44:02 PM
mysterymandragon posted...
all this is true, but its a free game so they can do what they want and compared to Nexon they are saints.
You just contradicted yourself here. "They can do what they want since it's free, but Nexon is bad even though they are free and can do what they want" is how I can easily interpret this.

Second, just because they are better compared to another company doesn't mean they are a good company themselves.
---
But it was horrible. For everyone. And that includes you.