Haunting Guise core on most AP champs?

#1POkemon_PoWeRPosted 2/3/2013 12:16:52 AM
Seems like everyone AP mid/AP top is going Haunting Guise first?
Exceptions to people like Ryze, Galio, etc
---
I'm the best player here. The rest of you aren't as good as me-ninja1357
LoL IGN: m0bilize (NA)
#2aHappySackaPosted 2/3/2013 12:18:58 AM
Well spell pen is much better due to the changes from S2, not to mention it builds into the item that will help counter hp stacking which everyone is doing right now.
---
Kitty Kat --> /\_/\
.................=(^_^)=
#3Frost_shock_FTWPosted 2/3/2013 12:19:58 AM
Only if you definitely want Liandry's mid-late game or benefit from lots of penetration early and sell it later.

So that's pretty much Amumu, Singed, and maybe Swain for the former and Kat for the latter. It's actually not that good on a lot of champions.
---
That was a hotel?
Contacts in Profile
#4DeadpooL7Posted 2/3/2013 12:21:42 AM
Also the base movespeed increase and boots movespeed decrease has made it so you dont have to build tier 2 boots real fast for the speed, so then it becomes a better buy to buy Guise for the spell pen, health and AP, than the sorc boots for spell pen.
#5POkemon_PoWeR(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 12:26:10 AM
Frost_shock_FTW posted...
Only if you definitely want Liandry's mid-late game or benefit from lots of penetration early and sell it later.

So that's pretty much Amumu, Singed, and maybe Swain for the former and Kat for the latter. It's actually not that good on a lot of champions.

Never seen an Amumu or Swain with Liandry's but yes I agree for Singed and Kat.
---
I'm the best player here. The rest of you aren't as good as me-ninja1357
LoL IGN: m0bilize (NA)
#6FreshSushiPosted 2/3/2013 12:41:18 AM
I get it if I'm getting boots of mobility to roam. Otherwise meh, rather rush deathcap/hourglass/dfg.
---
Hidetaka Miyazaki, Shinji Mikami
Please come back Q_Q
#7YourLuckPosted 2/3/2013 1:43:31 AM
Liandry's is good on like Cass, Singed, Swain, Morde, anyone who has a poke on a short enough cooldown really.
---
A familiar note is produced.
It's the note Desolation plays to keep its instrument in tune
#8UnderwaterAirPosted 2/3/2013 1:45:53 AM
Well spell pen is much better due to the changes from S2, not to mention it builds into the item that will help counter hp stacking which everyone is doing right now.

That pretty much sums up all the discussion that needs to be done here. o_o
We should debate which glyphs to use now in S3. I'm currently trying out magic penetration marks AND glyphs now on all my AP rune pages. :(
---
http://oi41.tinypic.com/9ht4ea.jpg
No matter which way you slice it you'll both be ending up in Hell!
#9FreshSushiPosted 2/3/2013 2:00:35 AM
YourLuck posted...
Liandry's is good on like Cass, Singed, Swain, Morde, anyone who has a poke on a short enough cooldown really.

funny
---
Please come back Q_Q
#10FreshSushiPosted 2/3/2013 2:02:09 AM
aHappySacka posted...

dat crack. Pen is pretty useful, too bad NOBODY is building MR anymore. Health > MR. Pen does nothing vs HP.
---
Please come back Q_Q