Why do people get so mad about instalocking?

#11DeadpooL7Posted 2/3/2013 9:57:55 PM
Because instalocking shows you have no courtesy toward your team and are only thinking about yourself. It makes you seem like a huge jerk and sort of a baby.

Calling something but not locking right away shows youre at the very least willing to hear people out. Instalocking means nothing they say matters to you. I get mad at people who instalock even if its not for the role I want. Its just a jerk move.
#12MwarriorHieiPosted 2/3/2013 10:02:40 PM
Because instalocking shows you have no courtesy toward your team and are only thinking about yourself. It makes you seem like a huge jerk and sort of a baby.

Calling something but not locking right away shows youre at the very least willing to hear people out. Instalocking means nothing they say matters to you. I get mad at people who instalock even if its not for the role I want. Its just a jerk move.

just because someone instalocks a champion doesnt mean they cant fill in roles that the team needs.
---
http://i.imgur.com/TQEciMP.jpg
#13DeadpooL7Posted 2/3/2013 10:09:03 PM
MwarriorHiei posted...

just because someone instalocks a champion doesnt mean they cant fill in roles that the team needs.

Depends on the champ I suppose...

But I really dont see many instalockers who will go anywhere. If they are willing to go anywhere why even instalock? No danger in losing your spot since you dont care.
#14ShadyDudePosted 2/3/2013 10:23:03 PM
u gotta call it first AND instalock thats the only way to do it
#15King_ChibaPosted 2/4/2013 1:12:49 AM
The only reason I see for you to Insta-lock is to avoid the inevitable situation where someone else will dictate to you what you will play.

Most people like the idea that they get to play what they want and enjoy playing the game. When you leave it in other people's hands, you run the risk of being forced to play something you don't want.

This only gets worse for this theoretical player if he goes on to lose lane. Now is he not only playing in a way or as a character he doesn't want to, but he is also being blamed for not doing well at it.

I don't hate insta-locking, but I get why people do it.
---
TheGreatKingChiba Game Playthroughs on YouTube & Twitter ^^.
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheGreatKingChiba & http://twitter.com/TGKingChiba
#16GevaudenPosted 2/4/2013 1:50:18 AM
genericname1234 posted...
I can't understand this community sometimes. I've had 3 games in the past 2 days where I decided I wanted to play riven. It's a normal so I just decided to instalock. In all of these games I've had a teammate who decided to go duo top with me because "they typed it first." They get this self-righteous attitude too. I don't get how rushing to copy/paste something makes you better than clicking faster.

I don't usually autolock, but it's the only way to practice top or mid in normals. Even if I type it first and have a hero selected there's always a guy who doesn't comment and then 30 seconds later locks something that can only go into one lane--the one I've already obviously picked.

I agree, they think they can enter a word first that they win, yet Instalocking isn't breaking any rules so your good keep doing it and forget about them being mad and just laugh at it.

Usually when I give up a spot I wanted I watch them fail badly. Never again
---
ign - Gonk. I'm cool :)
#17Edgemaster70000Posted 2/4/2013 2:00:50 AM
There's this thing called draft pick.....
---
XBL GT: ReptileAssassin. Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Emerl18
#18GevaudenPosted 2/4/2013 2:03:08 AM
Edgemaster70000 posted...
There's this thing called draft pick.....

That's for ranked not normals, and u can still instalock whatever u want in draft anyway, you don't need to be the champ your team or that one vocal guys wants u to be cuz he thinks that champ won't work.

Jusy play for fun and work as a team and win.
---
#19GevaudenPosted 2/4/2013 2:08:22 AM
DarthPenguin111 posted...
Its sort of like this
game plan time, we are going to play off each other's *insta-lock riven* way to be a team player riven...if you stopped and talked to your team you'd be able to say "hey i wanted to play as riven, is that ok?" if i was the guy who called top 9 times out of 10 I'd say "if you are good with her then sure, ill go to "x role" meanwhile you insta-lock i get pissed that you are just doing your own thing and you get no help from me. Plus every time i have played with an insta-lock they usually feed hard...

tl;dr It about being polite dude.

lol as if the team we get paird up with in SoloQ are nice and respectful hahahaha that's the joke of the day dude.

You will continue being the victim of this if you don't wake up, yes when you run into a full team of respectful players that's more then awesome but that's more of a fantasy then anything else.

No matter how many time TC says he'd good with Riv and wants to play her Top there will be another person who instalock top anyway or he runs into 3 man premade.
---
#20DogmanwalkingPosted 2/4/2013 2:46:10 AM
As a note to some, it is NOT instalocking to lock in 30 seconds after picks start. I can't tell you how many times I've had someone get butthurt because I will have a champ selected, wait to lock for 30 seconds to see how the rest of the team wants to go before finally locking down my champ. I'd really rather not wait for the timer to run out if we're all on the same page about what champs/roles we're going to play.