Pro tip to you top laners

#61Will_UnderscorePosted 2/5/2013 9:58:57 AM
Staying in lane to take mid/jungle attention is near-worthless when your team is losing badly. If your team is losing mid/bot and you're doing ok or well at top, the enemy jungler can camp you with absolutely no drawback. Mid and bot are already winning on his side and your jungler is probably trying to even it back up in those lanes.

Dominating players at this point should push lane and gank mid/enemy jungler. Since you know the jungler will now try to camp should you stay in lane, you could also set up a countergank(assuming he has a moment) before attempting to roam. If you're really worried about bot and you are consistently winning your lane at your elo, take tele and jump to a lane ward at bot. Let your team know your bot gank plan when the game starts in addition to pinging when using tele, coordination is key for any gank strat.
---
And all the feeders and trolls will look up and shout "Carry us!"
... and I'll look down and whisper "No"
#62mantana888Posted 2/5/2013 10:01:00 AM
Painthawf posted...
NeoAnduril posted...
Or it could just be a bad topic and youre a terrible poster.

Ill go with my hunch tbh

baaah

was someone's feewings hurt? gonna nee rihawf to come fight your battles for you?

Nah, the fact that your topic got no posts and you were butthurt enough about it to bump it after a day crying and whining about it was hilarious and sad enough for me, thanks.

---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
g-cube's Vice President of Cakes.
#63AKizlePosted 2/5/2013 10:35:09 AM(edited)
I agree with TC, this community is toxic, but I'm going to play devils advocate for a sec. As frustrating as it may be to take the time and post a positive message and have it ignored, doing a preemptive strike and name calling is not the right approach either, because you're giving them the flamer fuel they were looking for. Not too long ago I made a post about how great I found Urgot to be through taking time and learning to play him. You know what the responses were? Nothing but idiotic one liners filled with negativity. I responded and shut the sheep down, in turn I was told that I needed to get off my high horse. Sound familiar? I learned the hard way that for the most part this board is toxic and since then, I pretty much just lurk or if I do post I expect senseless negativity.
---
Hope is the first step on the long road to disappointment
#64Masemune_100Posted 2/5/2013 10:06:02 AM
You guys can stop using the word sheep at any time lol.
---
Rule #1 of Resident Evil: Don't catch the sunglasses.
GT - Judgement Blade
#65TheJohnnyFrostPosted 2/5/2013 10:16:02 AM
I assume you arent a pro. and if you are 10 kills down in 10 minutes just think to yourself 2 more minutes then we can surrender. because I dont play games where the other team is gonna roll on me because some garbage teammates.
---
I said I'd live both our lives... Easier to make that promise...
#66nastylepPosted 2/5/2013 10:31:08 AM
The problem with this community:

Try to make a helpful topic: --->
A. People who already have that knowledge flock to insult/call you a noob
B. Those who actually are helped by the topic get scared off by these "pros", who are probably the same people that rage quit if they give up fb and you try to offer constructive criticism.

This games epeen is bigger than Lexington Steele
#67myunihausenPosted 2/5/2013 10:36:51 AM
Pro tip? lets see credentials! also your tip is to just stay top lane no matter what, and things will work themselves out on the rest of the map without you?
#68NeoAnduril(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 12:20:54 PM
I agree with TC, this community is toxic, but I'm going to play devils advocate for a sec. As frustrating as it may be to take the time and post a positive message and have it ignored, doing a preemptive strike and name calling is not the right approach either, because you're giving them the flamer fuel they were looking for. Not too long ago I made a post about how great I found Urgot to be through taking time and learning to play him. You know what the responses were? Nothing but idiotic one liners filled with negativity. I responded and shut the sheep down, in turn I was told that I needed to get off my high horse. Sound familiar? I learned the hard way that for the most part this board is toxic and since then, I pretty much just lurk or if I do post I expect senseless negativity.

Yeah I posted in that topic. It was a good topic and you made me regret not picking up urgot when he was on sale.
Preemptive striking was not for the intent to preemptively insult people. They came of their own accord. It was stupidly easy to do, and maybe I shouldn't take advantage of simpler minds on the internet. But I did and here we are.

also your tip is to just stay top lane no matter what,

Nope. Re-read the original post and I am sure you'll understand. =)

The problem with this community:

Try to make a helpful topic: --->
A. People who already have that knowledge flock to insult/call you a noob
B. Those who actually are helped by the topic get scared off by these "pros", who are probably the same people that rage quit if they give up fb and you try to offer constructive criticism.

This games epeen is bigger than Lexington Steele

Good point, except, none of the people who insulted me are "pros". They are sheep, as I have shown, and they follow each other around in a ridiculous train of asinine behavior that needed to be addressed.
#69NeoAnduril(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 12:22:16 PM
You didn't get any posts, so you preemptively attack? I don't understand. If they don't heed sound advice, be on your way man.

I never said I was a nice person. I don't pretend to be anything other than what I am. I'll have a civil discussion if you have one with me. But I have no respect for the sheep clique on this board. And it's the sheep who identified themselves with my "preemptive strike". I didn't name names. It's their problem, not mine.
#70NeoAnduril(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 12:27:22 PM(edited)
you give good advice in the most annoying way possible

I can't tell whether to like you or hate you :\

But I like you!

It's when you're down 10 kills, 4 towers, three dragons. Then it becomes a lot more problematic. But a few kills? People blow that out of proportion and people let it affect their judgment in lane too much. If you are as good or better than your opponent in lane they will need more than a few kills to completely shut you out. Most of the time though they are a few kills over you because they are just that much better than you are. The 900 extra gold that they have over you from kills had nothing to do with it. It's simply that they're better than you are.

Interesting points. What's your opinion on the morale hit that a team takes being down 5-10 kills early and the subsequent morale boost they get when they are afforded 4v3 engagements due to my advice in post 1?