The real issue with Solo que ranked.

#1RydethetigerPosted 2/3/2013 9:58:38 PM
Alright, I have seen enough of the topics on this board complaining about the way the ranked system is with irrelevant reasoning behind it.

That being said, I have also see a ton of ignorant (while almost 85% troll) topics with people telling you that You deserve to be stuck in a league you are in if you cant carry your games.

First of all, I would like to touch on the one major flaw that we are faced with, and this has not sprung from the new ranked system, its the entire system in general.

- The way in which we are rated, is quite similar to the 1v1 ladder in starcraft. You play a game and are matched with somebody in and around your skill level, sometimes above, sometimes below. This is where elo or now, MMR, come in to play. With a numeric value on our skill, it would be right to assume that by having a higher rating, you are a better player. The problem is that we are being given a personal rating, based on an entire team's performance. SC2 Ran into this problem with their other leagues. So regardless of your skill, your rating only changes if your TEAM plays better than the other team.
eg: Having 5 placement matches at the start of the season, a player who was bronze could get lucky, and have 5 games in a row where the enemy team has 2 disconnects. He wins all 5 games, and is now placed in gold/plat.

On the other hand, You can have a gold/plat player who is on the receiving end of the disconnects. He is now placed in bronze and this is where the issue becomes worse.

Being an extremely good player, does not make up for the fact that your team is horrid. EVERYBODY has experienced it. Good games where you come out of lane 5 kills up and 50 CS ahead, you have even roamed to help the other lanes. All of a sudden you notice people WAY out of position, and they refuse to listen to you. With 1-2 members of your team getting consistently caught out of position, You are then forced into defensive situations, where you may need to give up baron, give up towers/inhibitors, or miss out on other objectives around the map. As the game progresses, and this continues to happen, you will indefinitely lose.

Even if your team is UP 10k gold, and decide its time for baron, regardless of your efforts to prevent poor decision making, you can lose in a heartbeat, and this is for some reason a reflection of personal skill?

I dont know how they will make it work, but there needs to be a change to the system. I understand that it is a team game, but at the VERY least we should be rewarded for strong play in poor situation. If you go 10/0/20 in a game, and end up losing, with good CS (score is just an example) Maybe they can drop the amount of points you lose in comparison to the 0/11/6 teemo.

Just an opinion backed up with fact
---
Lol IGN: StayFrostty
Elo Experiment Status - Dooped by League Points...
#2JennaTahliaPosted 2/3/2013 10:03:50 PM
This was fine with old system, bad players would drop back down but now they're locked into a league.
---
gibe moni pls
Add me I'm good. ign Schmelton
#3VentonPosted 2/3/2013 10:05:16 PM
Or you can carry harder. I find playing adc is best for me in soloqueue. Instead of making a play and hoping my team reads it I will read their plays and go off of them.
---
Starcraft 2 - KannedTuna.820 - Masters Zerg
LoL: Kanshuna
#4Rydethetiger(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 10:06:03 PM
Bad players didnt start dropping until mid 1600s, because its possible for 4 Good players to carry 1 bad player. On the other hand, 4 Bad players can NOT be carried.
---
#5WonASCPosted 2/3/2013 10:07:41 PM

I dont know how they will make it work, but there needs to be a change to the system. I understand that it is a team game, but at the VERY least we should be rewarded for strong play in poor situation. If you go 10/0/20 in a game, and end up losing, with good CS (score is just an example) Maybe they can drop the amount of points you lose in comparison to the 0/11/6 teemo.

Just an opinion backed up with fact

The problem with this is that no one will ever play support. The system is the best it can be to avoid people exploiting it. ADC is a very hard role to carry from because its a 2 person lane and it also has the least potential to roam until tower is dead. Conversely Mid lane is one of the best lanes to carry a game from because roaming bot after you harass your lane to be pushed out can actually net you a double kill and maybe a tower. Bot lane roaming is very weak because of the lack of hard CC from an ADC.
#6JaggiJumperPosted 2/3/2013 10:08:02 PM
JennaTahlia posted...
This was fine with old system, bad players would drop back down but now they're locked into a league.

Your elo isn't locked, it's the division you're in that gets locked. If I get boosted to Diamond from 600, then lose 100 straight games, I will still be Diamond, but I'll be playing with 600~ elo players again.
---
http://www.youtube.com/TimMH3
LoL IGN: I Am Zyra. Aphoristic (12:31): all you do is b****
#7Evolution50Posted 2/3/2013 10:10:16 PM
elo doesn't work in team games (inb4 lolftootball) change it!
MMR doesn't work its flawed, lol copy hon lol

Just stay silver bro don't blame it on the system
#8Rydethetiger(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 10:11:04 PM(edited)
^^ This

^^^ Maybe if they weighted Assists just as much as Kills, You could find people becoming more involved in fights. It may even convince the ignorant players who sit in lane and do nothing all game, to do something.

edit: beaten by 10 seconds.
---
#9hotshotgamesPosted 2/3/2013 10:10:49 PM
When I first read your closing statement I agreed, I like the fact that your kills affect what happens to your LP/MMR.

But the problem with that is it hugely changes in-game mechanic. it means people are more likely to KS whenever possible and won't engage in place where they probably should because they don't want to die.

Honestly, no matter what happens there are issues, I think the way it is at the moment is one of the best ways it could be.
---
Apple>Nintendo>Steam>Playstation>Google>Microsoft>Origin
Own: Wii, DS, iPod Touch, Computer
#10Rydethetiger(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 10:12:22 PM
There are just too many issues with the way it is... If they found a way to still balance personal performance, along with team, it would be nice...

Also, check my latest post for my idea against KSing. The only advantage it would then bring would be the gold in game, which is why people do it anyways.
---