The real issue with Solo que ranked.

#11Rydethetiger(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 11:40:58 PM
Also, It will teach people how and when to actually engage. Taking a death will be more of a personal penalty, Rather than just being a burden for your team.

Change the way people think about their own play, and in turn, change the way the game goes.
---
Lol IGN: StayFrostty
Elo Experiment Status - Dooped by League Points...
#12GevaudenPosted 2/3/2013 11:48:26 PM
Rydethetiger posted...
Alright, I have seen enough of the topics on this board complaining about the way the ranked system is with irrelevant reasoning behind it.

That being said, I have also see a ton of ignorant (while almost 85% troll) topics with people telling you that You deserve to be stuck in a league you are in if you cant carry your games.

First of all, I would like to touch on the one major flaw that we are faced with, and this has not sprung from the new ranked system, its the entire system in general.

- The way in which we are rated, is quite similar to the 1v1 ladder in starcraft. You play a game and are matched with somebody in and around your skill level, sometimes above, sometimes below. This is where elo or now, MMR, come in to play. With a numeric value on our skill, it would be right to assume that by having a higher rating, you are a better player. The problem is that we are being given a personal rating, based on an entire team's performance. SC2 Ran into this problem with their other leagues. So regardless of your skill, your rating only changes if your TEAM plays better than the other team.
eg: Having 5 placement matches at the start of the season, a player who was bronze could get lucky, and have 5 games in a row where the enemy team has 2 disconnects. He wins all 5 games, and is now placed in gold/plat.

On the other hand, You can have a gold/plat player who is on the receiving end of the disconnects. He is now placed in bronze and this is where the issue becomes worse.

Being an extremely good player, does not make up for the fact that your team is horrid. EVERYBODY has experienced it. Good games where you come out of lane 5 kills up and 50 CS ahead, you have even roamed to help the other lanes. All of a sudden you notice people WAY out of position, and they refuse to listen to you. With 1-2 members of your team getting consistently caught out of position, You are then forced into defensive situations, where you may need to give up baron, give up towers/inhibitors, or miss out on other objectives around the map. As the game progresses, and this continues to happen, you will indefinitely lose.

Even if your team is UP 10k gold, and decide its time for baron, regardless of your efforts to prevent poor decision making, you can lose in a heartbeat, and this is for some reason a reflection of personal skill?

I dont know how they will make it work, but there needs to be a change to the system. I understand that it is a team game, but at the VERY least we should be rewarded for strong play in poor situation. If you go 10/0/20 in a game, and end up losing, with good CS (score is just an example) Maybe they can drop the amount of points you lose in comparison to the 0/11/6 teemo.

Just an opinion backed up with fact

Amen preach on, I agree 100%
---
ign - Gonk. I'm cool :)
#13Evolution50Posted 2/4/2013 12:11:47 AM
Your ideas are dumb. Kills worth more than assists? Everyone wants to play carries. Assists worth as much as kills? Soraka boosting MMR/elo always. Lanes with most kill potential become wanted to play. And last but not least, no one cares about winning everyone gets elo for participating. You were one of those participation ribbon advocates weren't you? Take away from the winners to give to people who don't really deserve it.
#14Rydethetiger(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 9:39:31 PM
^ I never said everybody should get elo, just people who preform better should lose less...

Reading comprehension is taught at a young age. Much before typing, so either you are stupid or 6
---
#15Rydethetiger(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 12:03:45 PM
Now confirming placements start at Silver 2... Rediculous
---
#16kickthegnomePosted 2/12/2013 12:17:03 PM
WonASC posted...

I dont know how they will make it work, but there needs to be a change to the system. I understand that it is a team game, but at the VERY least we should be rewarded for strong play in poor situation. If you go 10/0/20 in a game, and end up losing, with good CS (score is just an example) Maybe they can drop the amount of points you lose in comparison to the 0/11/6 teemo.

Just an opinion backed up with fact

The problem with this is that no one will ever play support. The system is the best it can be to avoid people exploiting it. ADC is a very hard role to carry from because its a 2 person lane and it also has the least potential to roam until tower is dead. Conversely Mid lane is one of the best lanes to carry a game from because roaming bot after you harass your lane to be pushed out can actually net you a double kill and maybe a tower. Bot lane roaming is very weak because of the lack of hard CC from an ADC.

This is very true. I absolutely love roaming when I play a mid that can do it.

Me (katarina): oh you went b and your team has bottom pushed. Cool

*Double kill*

me: hi ho hi ho it's back to mid I go. I'll kill this b**** and celebrate hi ho hi ho hi ho hi ho

enemy adc: NICE MIA MID /sarcasm

This also applies when I play other ap mids that can easily roam at pretty much any given time.
#17G0dSlay3rPosted 2/12/2013 12:30:28 PM
I started Season 3 ranked as Silver II.

Never seen anyone doing their placement matches in there. If anything, i haven't seen really bad players or trolls in quite a while and got promoted to Silver I after around 15 matches with no real hiccups.

The other thing is, players being "locked" into a Tier doesn't mean they will play with players from that Tier if they continue being bad.

While the old system was Elo-only, the new system is a combination of MMR+Tiers/Divisions.

If someone gets "lucky" and placed in Gold(which btw does not happen since you need a lot more wins to reach Gold this time) and isn't good enough to be placed in Gold, they will go on a losing streak. Sure, this means that they will ruin a few matches for other people, but such is life.

When players are on a losing streak or simply have a negative W/L ratio, their hidden MMR tanks and they start to get matched with players from lower divisions, then drop divisions and if it goes on they eventually get matched with people from lower tiers.
They will also earn less and less LP as they continue dropping down, which means that they can't get lucky and get back to their old ranking in 3-4 matches, as it was with the Elo system.

If people are on a winning streak or have a very high W/L ratio in general, their hidden MMR rises and they get matched with people from higher divisions and eventually higher tiers. Their LP gains also increase and there is a chance to entirely skip divisions if your MMR is high. This has been confirmed by Riot and witnessed on various pro streams when the new system was starting up.

If you play soloque and want to reach a higher ranking, you have to be good.
Like, really good.
You have to deserve it.
I mean, Saintvicious and Nyjacky were ranking up their smurfs yesterday and were on a 22 win streak until they finally lost. And when they lost, they lost hard.
Will there still be bad matches and roflstomps on the way up?
Of course. Someone has to lose. It is impossible to win all matches.
And i think that's the only issue that people don't understand.
If you want to win your matches, you can't expect your team to carry you every time.
You need to be able to carry yourself if you want higher rankings. Not just "oh i can carry with this champ, but i didn't get it now" situations.
#18AlastreonPosted 2/12/2013 12:40:20 PM
Rydethetiger posted...
Bad players didnt start dropping until mid 1600s, because its possible for 4 Good players to carry 1 bad player. On the other hand, 4 Bad players can NOT be carried.

Not true,as has been said before,if you're better then the bads you are playing with,you have 4 and they have 5,meaning you will win more then you lose if you are better then that skill level.
---
LoL IGN Alastronar
3DS FC 1762-2827-4556
#19SlaynPosted 2/12/2013 12:41:44 PM
tl;dr a single word

everyone has to deal with the same problems

everyone who is bad has the same complaint

the game is completely fair, the odds are not stacked against you

move on
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
#20SeaIntoTheSkyPosted 2/12/2013 12:41:46 PM
The only part I dislike about the new system is that it becomes a grind fest. With the number of divisions and promotional series it takes numerous games to get a higher ranking. This makes it hard for anyone that is more on the casual ranking side to get to where they want to be.

Although it takes more time over all the match making system is better than the elo system. You end up getting less variations in teams as time goes by and end up getting locked in place. Since the addition of MMR on top of elo the streaks that people get are less effective overall both lucky and unlucky.

I personally like the new system, I just have to keep grinding out games to get where I want to be^^

As for someone who posts relatively great K/D/A stats I still wouldn't like your personal MMR/elo gain or loss based on it. It defeats the purpose of a team win and becomes a side battle of other concerns which would affect people's judgment making in game.