I used to love playing Tanks. Now I don't even enjoy this game.

#1The-World-SevenPosted 2/4/2013 1:46:30 AM
There's no point in building full tank anymore, and even the 'squishy' champions have to stack defensive items that weren't intended for their class just to avoid being 'one-combo'ed.

My understanding was that these changes were intended to raise the late-game viability of the assassin class. While that certainly happened, it completely obliterated the any-point-in-the-game viability of damage-sponge tanks.

If it was their intention to also reduce the mid-late game effectiveness of the bruiser class, they accomplished that end halfway. Bruisers and assassins are now essentially the same class.

I'm also fairly certain that this season's changes were aimed at nerfing the Ranged AD role, which they undoubtedly accomplished with the AS nerfs and the explosion of the assassin meta.

Even AP casters feel the repercussions of these balance changes, as many of the AD assassins straight up counter AP casters early on, and naturally overtake them in late-game viability.

But none of these changes are felt more than the tank class. Already a dying breed in previous seasons in favor of snowballing bruisers, there is now absolutely no point in acting as a cc tank for your team. There's no point in providing a wave of crowd control in team fights when one can just kill their opponent in the same amount of time.

The pace of in-game enemy encounters has been thrown way out of whack with these new changes. The average team fight is now like a third of what it used to be, because people blow each other up so quickly.

That's SUCH a huge fun-kill, both to watch and play. I hope that in time Riot realizes the repercussions of rebalancing the entire game around a single class and restores the delicate order that they had based their entire game around for years.

Just, y'know...nerf % penetration/shred items.
---
My Hubris is bigger than yours.
NA - TheWorld7 & Tragedy Baby // PBE - Je Suis
#2YusukenlPosted 2/4/2013 2:37:20 AM
RIOT doesn't wanna see something that is actually un-killable appear
you know ?
#3The-World-Seven(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 2:58:31 AM
Well there wasn't anything actually unkillable before. It's just that now, there isn't even a point in trying to be difficult to kill.
---
#4Snacks32Posted 2/4/2013 3:00:03 AM
There's only 1 thing they need to do to make the game perfect again

remove every champion except draven

the league of draven will save us all
---
http://i45.tinypic.com/jrfwjl.png
"The Lakers traded their picks for a 40 year old hobgoblin." - bond21
#5LithspPosted 2/4/2013 3:00:38 AM
The-World-Seven posted...
Well there wasn't anything actually unkillable before. It's just that now, there isn't even a point in trying to be difficult to kill.

Garen is still unkillable. Loads of champs are.

I love bruisers, they are easily my favourite type of champ.. the arm.pen changes hurt, but eh.. you can always just grab a BC and have a little shred + hp yourself to help out.

I had people crying I was too hard to kill all day today as Garen.
Tanky still owns.
---
[]Signature[]
#6The-World-Seven(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 3:16:23 AM
Lithsp posted...

I love bruisers, they are easily my favourite type of champ.. the arm.pen changes hurt, but eh.. you can always just grab a BC and have a little shred + hp yourself to help out.

Tanky still owns.

Garen fits perfectly into that little Bruiser-turned-assassin class. Everyone in that class builds BC and Warmog's / Fire Cape as core items and is pretty much set.

I miss playing full cc tank champions that were never focused ever, but did no damage and were only rewarded by keeping their team mates alive with their ability to disrupt the enemy.

That class was completely obliterated by the S3 changes.
---
#7LithspPosted 2/4/2013 3:24:37 AM
Lithsp posted...

Tanky still owns.

Garen fits perfectly into that little Bruiser-turned-assassin class. Everyone in that class builds BC and Warmog's / Fire Cape as core items and is pretty much set.

I miss playing full cc tank champions that were never focused ever, but did no damage and were only rewarded by keeping their team mates alive with their ability to disrupt the enemy.

That class was completely obliterated by the S3 changes.

What champs are you talking about? Leona? Nautilus? They both actually have some nice damage output when built for it, you just need to incorporate some damage into your build and become a bit of a threat yourself rather than a pure damage soak.
..oh, and health.
---
[]Signature[]
#8Chaos_Doom212Posted 2/4/2013 3:34:34 AM
tl;dr
---
If you see this signature, don't believe anything I said above.
#9The-World-Seven(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 3:45:46 AM
Full tank Cho'Gath - although I know he's a great bruiser, I played him as a full CDR / utility tank in S2. Packed with Aegis, FH, Reverie and Omen, Tank Cho was a utility monster.

Any champion whose passive scales with resistances (Le Galio, L'Armadillo, etc.)
I know Malphite is still good because he's in that grop of broken kit champs that include Ali, Blitz & Thresh whose abilities always do the same thing no matter what.

But to every player who was perfectly content building pure tank and not become completely worthless for it, Riot basically said, "Hey just build some damage. Your old build isn't worth it anymore."
---
#10mrg59Posted 2/4/2013 3:51:25 AM
Chaos_Doom212 posted...
tl;dr

Maybe this will help:

http://www.amazon.com/Dr-Seusss-ABC-Amazing-Alphabet/dp/0679882812/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1359978660&sr=8-1&keywords=learn+abcs+dr+suess