How did you decide your pro team loyalties?

#1LimbicPosted 2/4/2013 4:17:19 AM
In pro sports loyalties are pretty easy: you root for the team where you live now or grew up. It makes me kind of wish that the pro teams were assigned to cities.

Anyway, I'm power excited for the new lolesports season, but I have no idea which team should be my team. I mean, I guess the team that's had the most effect on my actual play has been TSM, but is that kind of like rooting for the Yankees?

I'm trying to figure this out.
---
Paid DLC at release = end of games.
#2Hell0nEarthPosted 2/4/2013 4:19:18 AM
Loyalty is idiotic.
Why should you support the team associated with your city? What difference does it make?
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#3HardcoreFtwPosted 2/4/2013 4:21:50 AM
Many people all over the world support Real Madrid, Barcelona, Man united, Ac Milan and Juve. Yet some live in different countries
---
drink Russian, drive German, wear Italian.
#4LithspPosted 2/4/2013 4:22:34 AM
Hell0nEarth posted...
Loyalty is idiotic.
Why should you support the team associated with your city? What difference does it make?

Community spirit. Etc etc. Makes perfect sense for so many reasons to barrack for your home team.

I don't go for any "pro" teams. Not interested in them. Never watched a pro game.
Why would I when I can just play it myself.
---
[]Signature[]
#5The-World-SevenPosted 2/4/2013 4:28:53 AM
entertainment value

i cheer for whoever entertains me the most

and that has changed over time

atm i don't watch any streams, so i don't favor anybody

but i did like CLG, hated TSM with Rainman in it, liked them with Dyrus,
liked CLG less when their roster got really unstable / stopped watching streams, so i liked every team less

i love seeing the asian teams play
but i don't watch them stream so my fandom extends for the duration of the tournament thar i'm watching
---
My Hubris is bigger than yours.
NA - TheWorld7 & Tragedy Baby // PBE - Je Suis
#6Limbic(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 4:29:52 AM
Hell0nEarth posted...
Loyalty is idiotic.
no its not tho
did u ever think of that??

Do you seriously have no investment when you watch sports? What's the point of that?

Or are you just not a sports fan?
---
Paid DLC at release = end of games.
#7Snacks32Posted 2/4/2013 4:31:38 AM
I like CLG.eu most because of their insanely long games

dislike just about every other team because the players are infuriatingly ugly. like, I hate looking at Reginald, so so much. it's distracting because they insist on showing the guy's face during a tournament whenever he dies for his reaction and since he sucks it's often

his face looks like someone tried to put out a forest fire with a screwdriver
---
http://i45.tinypic.com/jrfwjl.png
"The Lakers traded their picks for a 40 year old hobgoblin." - bond21
#8AgentRebornPosted 2/4/2013 4:33:48 AM
I support TSM mostly because I met Chaox at school. Dude was a shut-in and I wondered why at the time....now I know he played League all day instead of going to class and s***. Didnt know it back then though
---
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1935601/hynoski2.gif
#9mrg59Posted 2/4/2013 4:37:55 AM
HardcoreFtw posted...
Many people all over the world support Real Madrid, Barcelona, Man united, Ac Milan and Juve. Yet some live in different countries

Countries/cities that don't have a team in that league. Or those teams have a player native to those countries/teams. That's essentially the same problem with who to support in the esports teams as with the fakeinjuryball teams you mentioned. Or what handegg team to support when you live in nevada.
#10spudsaltPosted 2/4/2013 4:47:27 AM
Obv. whichever team has HSGG