Not doing any damage as adc, anyone else notice this?

#1AK47plzPosted 2/4/2013 11:18:45 AM
Since S3 and the whole health stacking thing, it seems like I do waaaaaay less damage to tanks in general. Unless I get super fed, I basically hit them for next to no damage. Once a Xin, Olaf, Cho, GP, Sej, Naut etc. gets ANY health item, it's like my damage goes out the window. I can have an IE and PD and still do nothing. The only ones I can actually kill are the mid player (unless it's a bruiser or tanky ap) or the other adc. I don't remember it being this bad in season 2.

Also, this may or may not be related, but has anyone else noticed getting tower dove bot more? May just be my imagination but I feel like I get dove bot basically every game.
---
terran
#2boktai3Posted 2/4/2013 11:24:13 AM
with only an IE and a PD your only close to 200 damage, thats not much to a tank, your gonna need to keep building, tanks are ment to take no damage from you unless you get fed.
#3AK47plz(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 11:29:29 AM
Well yeah, but I don't remember doing NO damage until full build. Most games end before you get full build, and during the midgame you are absolutely worthless because a bruiser does more damage, is tankier and has CC. I just like sit there trying not to die until like 40 minutes because before that I can't actually do anything.
---
terran
#4boktai3Posted 2/4/2013 11:33:31 AM
AK47plz posted...
Well yeah, but I don't remember doing NO damage until full build. Most games end before you get full build, and during the midgame you are absolutely worthless because a bruiser does more damage, is tankier and has CC. I just like sit there trying not to die until like 40 minutes because before that I can't actually do anything.

thats how it ment to be, the reason the adc is the adc is because late game, they do the most damage, but until then, everyone will be superior to them, they win with full builds, but otherwise needs to be helped until they arrive at that point, hence why they aren't the solo lane. your job as adc is to farm until your full build as much as you can, tanks are ment to beat you until late game.
#5MetleonPosted 2/4/2013 11:38:22 AM
If they stack HP, get a BotRK. If they stack armor, get a Last Whisper.

If you're, say, against a troublesome Malphite that went 3-0 in lane and already has a ton of armor, you should end up with Berserker's, BT/IE (whichever you decided to build first), Zeal/Recurve Bow, and then right into Last Whisper. Pretty sure 40% Armor Pen is better than that extra AD/ATS.
---
Generation 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your own signature (on any forum) and add one to the generation number. Social experiment.
#6AK47plz(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 11:40:46 AM
Like I was saying, you have absolutely 0 presence until full build, and most of the games you wont get full build til ~40 minutes. I remember the game for adc's being weak early, decent mid game and strong late. But now it seems like they're useless early and useless midgame too, which is when most games are won/lost. It's way too easy for the other team to build health and then you can't do anything to them. It's really frustrating.
---
terran
#7EDumeyPosted 2/4/2013 11:57:45 AM
I've actually been liking a LW grab before finishing my second BF item. Technically this gives me less AD and is less effective versus health stackers, but it gets rid of whatever innate armor they have and always ensure that I am getting those 200 damage pops, if not more with crits.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZhLrT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/H6Frl.jpg
#8GainazzoPosted 2/4/2013 12:01:18 PM
Bruisers win ad carries even with full builds if they catch them
#9SoulknightX0Posted 2/4/2013 12:04:44 PM
EDumey posted...
I've actually been liking a LW grab before finishing my second BF item. Technically this gives me less AD and is less effective versus health stackers, but it gets rid of whatever innate armor they have and always ensure that I am getting those 200 damage pops, if not more with crits.

Mathematically I believe if you're an IE starter that's more effective even on lower armor targets
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Bentrey/
#10the_rowanPosted 2/4/2013 12:04:59 PM
Metleon posted...
If they stack HP, get a BotRK. If they stack armor, get a Last Whisper.

If you're, say, against a troublesome Malphite that went 3-0 in lane and already has a ton of armor, you should end up with Berserker's, BT/IE (whichever you decided to build first), Zeal/Recurve Bow, and then right into Last Whisper. Pretty sure 40% Armor Pen is better than that extra AD/ATS.

You shouldn't get a BotRK for damage regardless. Your average damage with IE, PD, and BT is higher than with IE, PD, and BotRK unless the target's current HP is above 2,738.
---
"That is why war is so tragic. To win means to make victims of your opponents and give birth to hatred." - Kratos Aurion, Tales of Symphonia