So are on-hit builds dead?

#1boxboy777Posted 2/4/2013 11:38:23 AM
I used to on-hit Teemo, and with the.introduction of hurricane I thought things would be triple awesome, but it seems garbage compared to before. Am I just building wrong or is relying on item effects no longer viable?
---
-box is like a life of chocolates-
#2MetleonPosted 2/4/2013 11:41:30 AM
Hurricane is for teamfights. 1v1, even Phantom Dancer would be better (but don't build it). You want to get Malady no later than your third item (after boots and probably Nashor's). Its magic damage scales with your AP and also shreds their MR. Think of it as the AP version of Black Cleaver, but it only works if you auto attack them.

And Teemo in general isn't that great aside from being a major pain with those mushrooms.
---
Generation 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your own signature (on any forum) and add one to the generation number. Social experiment.
#3thedawgXDPosted 2/4/2013 12:11:45 PM
boxboy777 posted...
I used to on-hit Teemo, and with the.introduction of hurricane I thought things would be triple awesome, but it seems garbage compared to before. Am I just building wrong or is relying on item effects no longer viable?

If you aren't a physical damage champ and you don't have lots of burst damage, chances are you aren't going to be that good in this meta unless you're supporting.
---
Re: The Great Escape: A come-from-behind win.
"Am I the only one who thought the topic title was about pulling the Houdini on some chick?"
#4BreezyExcursionPosted 2/4/2013 12:41:52 PM
Not on Lulu
---
http://13.media.tumblr.com/KHq2DuneQq2smt6o5AI9le13o1_400.jpg
#5boxboy777(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 12:46:51 PM
So Teemo is just not as useful now? I loved the AS and MS, plus his kit allows me to use exhaust/ignite but do I just need to go straight AP or find another champ that I like..? Everything was so perfect before and now that they changed the items I don't really know my priorities.
---
-box is like a life of chocolates-
#6Rookie_JetPosted 2/4/2013 12:59:13 PM
boxboy777 posted...
So Teemo is just not as useful now? I loved the AS and MS, plus his kit allows me to use exhaust/ignite but do I just need to go straight AP or find another champ that I like..? Everything was so perfect before and now that they changed the items I don't really know my priorities.

Teleport on teemo is basically a necessity for starters. Also, teemo wins his lane by zoning the opponent safely by means of poison AA and shrooms. After that, you split push like a god with hurricane and teleport so make use of that. Your immediate use in teamfights is not primarily damage since teemo does his damage over time. You need to make use of blind as best as possible and I would recommend FM to peel for your squishies more than a 3 sec blind. FM +hurricane is a gigantic pain for the enemy team to deal with.

I only take malady if my other lanes are doing poorly and I need more damage. Otherwise, I shroom everywhere and focus on setting my team up for kills.