Why is Taric's winrate SO high?

#1iiTryhardPosted 2/4/2013 3:59:52 PM
He is picked in almost as many games as Ez (Read: most of them) but still maintains a ~56% winrate. Is it because he is practically a baron buff? Is it the heal + stun for either making plays or playing passive in lane?

On a side note, Ez's winrate has tanked since these nerfs, while rumble still has the highest out of all champions (57%) and hasn't been nerfed. What gives?
---
XBL: iiTryHaard
Yes, i i do try hard http://www.lowbird.com/data/images/2012/08/imgur-dofor.jpg
#2boktai3Posted 2/4/2013 4:01:50 PM
he gives everyone on his team a free bulwark, and then he can get a bulwark and double that for his team, hes basicly a aura of bf sword+tons of armor/mr, its hard to beat that in lane or late game.
#3TwilightKing13Posted 2/4/2013 4:02:34 PM
Because Rumble is picked in like 3% of games, while ezreal is picked in over 50% of them.
---
"Any voice can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart! " ~Sho Minamimoto
~~Twilight King~~
#4CNLSandersPosted 2/4/2013 4:03:12 PM
I'm going to answer the second question because everyone else should be able to take care of the first one. Rumble has a high winrate because he is played by people that know how to play him. The sheep stick to Olaf, Pantheon, and Shen.
---
IGN-CNLAviator
#5Camel-RiderPosted 2/4/2013 4:04:39 PM(edited)
I am 6-0 with taric in ranked.

If you asked me to tell you what makes taric the best support? I wouldnt be able to answer that for you. My guess is his armor buff from W.

Also the fact that he has a fairly short CD targetable stun rather than a skillshot... it can be used in a lot more situations, and can be quite a tool to secure kills, or protect allies (Think Katarina ult, nunu ult, Yi heal, etc..).
---
LoL IGN: The Camel Rider
#6albinorhino004Posted 2/4/2013 4:18:00 PM
Taric's W is insanely broken.

The debuff combined with his ult is so much free stats for your team and loss of stats for the other... he's literally what makes an all ad team possible
---
drinking is very bad
#7Suffer_NotPosted 2/4/2013 4:23:47 PM
Taric is strong for meta reasons.

Right now, ad casters and armor penetration is kind of a big deal. Taric gives everyone on your team more armor and more ad and reduces the amount of armor the other team has. When your team is very possibly something like Kha'Zix Pantheon Jarvan Ezreal against Lee Sin Xin Zhao Talon Lulu Miss Fortune, giving armor to allies and removing armor from the other team is a big deal.

Before the league of Black Cleaver, Taric was a champ that had a very good laning phase and then a meh team fight phase which contributed wins because a good laning phase for an ADC is a big deal. Now, he has a good lane phase and a good teamfight phase, so no wonder he seems even stronger this season.
---
http://i.imgur.com/7Wah6.jpg
I'm actually incredibly overly passionate and...whats the word...viscous? - EltoniaX