Is Backdooring frowned upon?

#21SexualPizzaPosted 2/4/2013 7:53:52 PM
Kharn99 posted...
In DotA yes (used to be a bannable offense) but not in LoL since the map is smaller (so defending is easier) and there are no super stealth/teleport heroes (build full AD to sneak around and destroy turrets).

LOL are you kidding me? Using a strategy within the confines of the game's own design and mechanics was a bannable offense? That's almost as stupid as denying!
---
Best thing in life: Sex
Second best thing in life: Pizza
#22HardcoreFtwPosted 2/4/2013 7:54:17 PM
Shen can backdoor all the time... Frowned upon?? not a chance
---
drink Russian, drive German, wear Italian.
#2304DarkPosted 2/5/2013 1:33:29 AM
I backdoored 2 rounds ago with Teemo.... It won us the match. It took me a couple trips to finish the job though.
The enemy was near our base. So I ran to their bot tower. Got it almost dead.
Hid in a bush. Their Darius came and stood right on top of me. Then recalled.
I finished the tower, got ganked.
Then went back for their inhibitor. Got that down.
Then took down another turret the same way.
If I had not have done that, there would have been no way for us to win. We needed those super minions.
Cheap tactic, but it gets the job done.
---
R.I.P. intrepid40 (7/13/08 - 3/28/12)
http://i.imgur.com/oYaWO.jpg
#24FvPPosted 2/5/2013 1:36:06 AM
I don't condone low-level tactics
---
FvP | falco_vs_peach | *^*"The Shinies" Member*^* | Adventure Time Member
PBWSB | PDPSB | /pdpsb/ | PBWSB User Tournament Winner: DiabIo
#25HeroshiX2Posted 2/5/2013 2:02:22 AM(edited)
SexualPizza posted...
Kharn99 posted...
In DotA yes (used to be a bannable offense) but not in LoL since the map is smaller (so defending is easier) and there are no super stealth/teleport heroes (build full AD to sneak around and destroy turrets).

LOL are you kidding me? Using a strategy within the confines of the game's own design and mechanics was a bannable offense? That's almost as stupid as denying!

You both are highly ignorant.

EDIT: On-topic: Backdooring is easily prevented in league as said above due to the map being MUCH smaller, only people frustrated with losing/getting outplayed would make a fuss about it.

In Dota 2 the game has built in back-door protection, this means that unless you have creeps within a certain radius the tower will regen at a very fast pace, later in the game however you can easily out damage the regen but that's as much as I know. Not 100% if other factors are taken into account with a tower getting that kind of protection as a couple times I swear I've seen it not activate when creeps were not around. So who knows.

.. and you could never be banned for it, atleast not in Dota 2, my Dota 1 days, the worst that would happen was some random pub game maker would ban you from his future games on BNet, but rarely anyone would back door from my experience, leavers were a big problem though,
#26gfshynoblPosted 2/5/2013 1:58:09 AM
hes lying about backdooring being a bannable offense.

its called split push

if your team is doing fine and can hold 4v5.

while you push, there gonna have to send somebody to come after you.
---
EL fudge Mph:Africabot LoL:africabot
#27Soldier3rdClassPosted 2/5/2013 2:28:19 AM(edited)
I've won with Nasus due to backdooring. We had both teams nearly even and with both teams having a inhib. Enemy team nearly aced us and then went to baron. Before being nearly aced I asked Taric to place down a ward in thier base. By the time they came to push we had enough people to sort of hold them for a short while.

I teleported to their base and my team prevented them from recalling and at about 50 minutes I was taking down turrets and the nexus fast.
---
2500K @4.5Ghz // GTX 680 SC SLI // 8GB RAM // Extreme3 Gen3 Mobo
SteamID: SmurfyD
#28kkeevvPosted 2/5/2013 2:08:52 AM
gfshynobl posted...
hes lying about backdooring being a bannable offense.

its called split push

if your team is doing fine and can hold 4v5.

while you push, there gonna have to send somebody to come after you.

No. He's not. And a split push is very different from bd. Backdooring is when you ignore the creeps entirely. In DotA, some hero builds could take a tower in seconds and had enough mobility to jump across the map by the time your team reacted and got there. On top of that, backdooring is heavily frowned upon in every wc3 AoS because it takes the fun out of the game and makes it clear that you're only interested in a win.

However, LoL ALREADY has countermeasures to backdooring in the form of turrets being more powerful while no minions are around and increasing damage while firing on a single target. So I would say if you can take a turret here, go for it.
---
Check out my quote.
#29GainazzoPosted 2/5/2013 2:10:52 AM
Uh, isn't backdooring killing turrets without any minions there? And yeah there is still a protection against that in DotA.

It's pretty impossible to do that viably in LoL but split pushing is good, not frowned upon and some champions are specialized in that, like Nidalee or Shen.
#30aqualord29Posted 2/5/2013 4:08:57 AM
Came into this topic expecting a sexual joke, didn't find one.

Don't know if I'm happy, or disappointed :/
---
http://www.marvelousworkandawonder.com/