Any tips for a n00b/good characters to unlock?

#1ford0Posted 2/4/2013 8:12:03 PM
Any tips you guys have to help me out in this game? I started playing the other day and just play against bots. I have been using Garen. The first game I played my probably my fault, because I really didn't know what I was doing. After that I read things online to try and get a better feel.

I have still been playing against the computer. I am 2-2. Last game I went 11/6/1. The rest of my team was 2/32/14 :(
#2ChocoboDreamsPosted 2/4/2013 8:19:46 PM
The first champion I started to dominate with was Pantheon, and he's still just as easy to use. I suggest giving him a try if you want to start learning the game and are comfortable with melee champs.
---
I just want Card Sagas Wars. Seriously, I'd do anything, just give me Card Sagas Wars. Please.
PSN:ChocoboDreams
#32Dhas_a_MIGRANEPosted 2/4/2013 8:21:12 PM
Ashe, Annie, Ryze are all good starting characters. Look up guides online for good item builds and good ability leveling orders. One thing that really helps new players it to just get used to playing against many different champs and knowing all of their abilities. It will help you know when to engage and when you shouldn't. Sometimes it's better to be more careful especially when just learning and don't go for kills as much as concentrating on not dying.
---
Pearl Code: 0731 1228 8254 White Code: 0862 2790 1982
SSBB: 0989-1461-9542
#4TruHNIC187Posted 2/4/2013 8:26:54 PM
all the characters named are good starters ( though i started out and will always suck with Ryze...do not know why ) . When I joined Dr. Mundo was on free week and he's the first champ I started doing well with. Also, once you start to win most bot games, hop over to play against people ASAP.
#5SexualPizzaPosted 2/4/2013 8:29:55 PM
I would suggest playing against real players in normal blind pick rather than bots. You'll pick up on the basic mechanics faster and develop better habits by going against real people. Bots are too predictable and don't behave anything like an actual person.

As for champs, just figure out what type of role you like playing as of now and play a 450 IP champ of that role (or a free week one) until you get the basics down. Once you get more IP, you can start experimenting with other roles. Or hell, if you want you can just stick to playing free week champs - it's really up to you.

Learning the items and figuring out what you should buy can be daunting. Don't be afraid to use Mobafire or some other build guides to help you out - although eventually you want to be able to make your own build choices based on your role and who you're playing against.

Last hits give you gold. I would suggest practicing last hitting a bit, but ultimately get a good feel for the game itself first. Then you should REALLY practice it.

Just keep playing. You will lose, you will feed, you will have teamates yell at you. All part of the learning curve, and makes winning feel that much better.

Good luck.
---
Best thing in life: Sex
Second best thing in life: Pizza
#6BarrenitePosted 2/4/2013 8:32:31 PM
buy all of the 450 and 1350 champs
---
Official president of the free world
#7DogmanwalkingPosted 2/4/2013 8:54:52 PM
When playing with real people, ask for constructive criticism. You'll have jerks, of course, but at least at lower levels I was surprised when teammates were patient and would give advice on good item builds, basic tactics for your champ/against others champs, and so forth.
#8genericname1234Posted 2/4/2013 9:28:00 PM
Bots will teach you some bad habits, but it's a good place to start. Learn how to last hit minions effectively. Farming minions for gold will get you items faster and let you win trades/fights against the enemy. Generally the advice for new players is to only attack minions when you would get a "last hit" or killing blow.

Once you get better there are times when you should be aggressive and force the wave to the enemy's tower, but don't worry about that yet. When you play against people you will find that some people will play junglers. Junglers can gank you and kill you in 2v1 or 3v2 situations, and it's easier to gank if you're near the enemy tower. Buying wards can help prevent them from killing you. Learn to watch the mini-map. If some of the enemies are missing you should be cautious.

Graves will be free this week. You might like to try him out. He's a bit like ashe.

Solomid has guides for every champion in the game. They can be really indepth, but you don't need to worry about all that just yet. Just look at the order that you should level up your skills. They may recommend items builds as well that are good--the recommended items in game aren't too bad, but they aren't always perfect.
---
"SR'ing is having the RNG abuse you." Deshokun
#9Sythstrife99Posted 2/4/2013 9:32:05 PM(edited)
i will generally pick a new champion that i think looks good. i will play 2 bot games (we didnt have bot games back in s1..you lucky new kids) then if i like them i'll start running it in normal.

edit: oh and garen.
#10zeppelin312Posted 2/4/2013 9:38:03 PM
get free trist and ali for youtube/facebook subscribing

play free week champs till 20, if you have an absolute love for a champ feel free to spend a bit of ip in this stage.

buy tier 3 runes and a few champions you know you like