So how exactly are you supposed to do Ranked Twisted Treeline?

#1Patrick52WillisPosted 2/4/2013 9:56:10 PM
My friends and I are struggling pretty bad.
---
San Francisco 49ers
http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3q9fez/
#2ShiaPosted 2/4/2013 10:00:01 PM
Two bruisers go in one lane.

Split push the other.

Repeat.
#3JaggiJumperPosted 2/4/2013 10:16:48 PM
Shia posted...

Split push the other.

Repeat.

No, don't listen to this.

Our 3s team was 31 elo off plat before they did the change, and school started again. Any team we went against that didn't have a dedicated jungler, lost pretty hard,
---
http://www.youtube.com/TimMH3
LoL IGN: I Am Zyra. Aphoristic (12:31): all you do is b****
#4TheSchrefPosted 2/4/2013 11:03:48 PM(edited)
I missed Diamond by about 20 Elo during season 2. Obviously things have changed a bit since then, so I don't know if what we did will still work.

Here's what we did:

We banned Cho'gath, Teemo, and Singed basically every game.

Tanky AP top (primarily Rumble), me in the jungle as Riven, and Garen bottom. With this comp we were strong all game and were capable of bursting pretty much anyone down in about a second. The problem with this comp though was an AP with CC (like Anivia), someone really tanky with a pull or CC (Darius, Leona, etc.) and an ADC with some escapes. We simply couldn't catch the ADC and the others were too tanky to focus with an Ezreal or Vayne destroying the hell out of us.

Map control is ridiculously important. Know when the altars are going to unlock and be ready for fights when they do unlock. What my friends and I liked to do if we were ahead a bit is send 1 person (preferably our tankiest player) to go capture the altar. All the way up to 1750ish Elo, all three of the enemy players would bum rush him and Rumble would drop his ult right on the altar and I would flash into the altar as Riven and AoE stun and ult them down. We won 95% of our altar fights doing stuff like that.

A majority of the time, we let the fights come to us. We wouldn't force fights unless we were 100% positive we were going to win. You have to know when fighting is the right time. I made the calls when I was playing with my friends and since we played with the same team comp 95% of the time, I knew how strong we were at what levels, with what items, etc. The reason we played so passively and waited for fights to come to us most of the time is because when you are down in TT, it can be extremely hard to come back. In snowballs like you wouldn't believe.

Honestly, I think out of the 20 or so games we played, we got spider maybe twice. There isn't really a time where getting spider buff is more beneficial than pushing down turrets and trying to sneak a spider rarely worked for us.

If we notice that an enemy laner has been missing for a while, we won't risk getting killed over some farm. We won't wander into the jungle until they show their faces. If you're going for an objective, travel as a group. Also, people are really stupid. If you need some easy kills, don't be afraid to stand in a bush for a few minutes for some unsuspecting moron to walk by.

Really, none of us are that good at the game. Last season I was 1650 in soloqueue and they were both stuck in bronze. This season we're all silver. You just have to be coordinated and pick champions that are strong at all phases of the game. Don't feed in lane and win team fights. Also, I really think having a leader helped. They listened to me and trusted me and we won nearly all of our games. Even if they thought I was making a stupid call, they would listen and we would usually come out on top.

In the end we were something like 18-2 (then lost 4 straight, but that's another story).

Good luck.

TL;DR You asked for advice. Read it.
#5JaggiJumperPosted 2/4/2013 11:00:52 PM
Agree with this guy mostly^

Except we ban Darius/Cho/Rumble/Singed/Jax

If the enemy team picks 3 bruisers, I immediately pick jungle Jarvan and rush Aegis, and we may lose early game, but about 25 minutes in we just have too much armor for the enemy team.
---
#6Patrick52Willis(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 11:35:13 PM
This is all really useful. We've been making sure to ban Teemo but didn't think of Cho/Singed. Our first match we went APC/ADC/Bruiser and lost. Then we went tri-bruiser and got stomped by a hyperfed Jax.

What would Gold income be like if someone focused on the Jungle? Would it be similar to laning or would you need multiple successful ganks to even stay competitive?
---
San Francisco 49ers
http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3q9fez/
#7JaggiJumperPosted 2/5/2013 3:58:17 AM
Patrick52Willis posted...
This is all really useful. We've been making sure to ban Teemo but didn't think of Cho/Singed. Our first match we went APC/ADC/Bruiser and lost. Then we went tri-bruiser and got stomped by a hyperfed Jax.

What would Gold income be like if someone focused on the Jungle? Would it be similar to laning or would you need multiple successful ganks to even stay competitive?

Depends on the jungler.

A Mundo/Skarner can keep up with lanes assuming he doesn't get counterjungled too hard.
---
#8TheSchrefPosted 2/5/2013 10:12:10 AM
Patrick52Willis posted...

As the jungle, I usually kept up with my laners in gold. The camps respawn so quickly that you can basically keep farming.
#9Hell0nEarthPosted 2/5/2013 10:21:18 AM
JaggiJumper posted...
Shia posted...

Split push the other.

Repeat.

No, don't listen to this.

Our 3s team was 31 elo off plat before they did the change, and school started again. Any team we went against that didn't have a dedicated jungler, lost pretty hard,

Before the change?
Why do you think what you have to say is relevant?
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]