So what's everyone's general opinion of the new Ranking system?

#1YourLuckPosted 2/4/2013 10:24:54 PM
I searched up a bunch of topics and I got a huge mix of results. Lots of people say it's bad, lots of people say it's good. What is this new ranking system geared towards and what were they trying to achieve?
---
A familiar note is produced.
It's the note Desolation plays to keep its instrument in tune
#2JennaTahliaPosted 2/4/2013 10:35:01 PM
Caters for people who complain about elo hell but people will now complain about league hell
---
gibe moni pls
Add me I'm good. ign Schmelton
#3DartkunPosted 2/4/2013 11:30:07 PM
It's the same thing but it just gives you flashier prompts.

HEY COD KIDDIES. YOU LIKE PROMOTIONS AND FEELING LIKE YOU ARE MORE PRO THAN YOU ARE? HERE YOU GO! YOU ROCK BUDDY. I'M JEALOUS OF YOUR SKILLZ BRO!

It's still the same thing
---
BlazBlue CSX: Mu-12 and Taokaka
youtube.com/user/Shinius
#4CrumpledPaperPosted 2/5/2013 12:15:33 AM
I'm noticing way more blatant trolls but less flat out bad people than before

all the trolls share the common message of LOL NOOBS WHY EVEN BOTHER TRYING TO FIGHT YOUR WAY OUT OF LEAGUE HELL TIME TO GIVE YOU A NICE ROUGH ****ING

taste of reality as I throw this game and teach you scrubs to stay in your place ^_^

its really weird
---
Eh
#5Edge4o7_Posted 2/5/2013 12:15:52 AM
I don't like it because it's just more babying the bad players by hiding a bunch of stats
---
XBL: Edge4o7
P4A: Yu UMvC3 Zero/Dante/Sent
#6kfcguy77Posted 2/5/2013 12:42:32 AM
Edge4o7_ posted...
I don't like it because it's just more babying the bad players by hiding a bunch of stats

So you don't like it not because it negatively affects you personally, but because people that aren't as skilled as you are having more fun?

K m8
#7Edge4o7_Posted 2/5/2013 1:03:09 AM
Edge4o7_ posted...

So you don't like it not because it negatively affects you personally, but because people that aren't as skilled as you are having more fun?

K m8

I'm not even that good it's just the constant babying of game developers is getting old.
---
XBL: Edge4o7
P4A: Yu UMvC3 Zero/Dante/Sent
#8FvPPosted 2/5/2013 1:08:53 AM(edited)
Rather have visible elo
---
FvP | falco_vs_peach | *^*"The Shinies" Member*^* | Adventure Time Member
PBWSB | PDPSB | /pdpsb/ | PBWSB User Tournament Winner: DiabIo
#9DeadpooL7Posted 2/5/2013 1:09:24 AM
kfcguy77 posted...
Edge4o7_ posted...

K m8

I think you missed his point... He doesnt like that now they hide stats like win% with each champ and overall w/l record and things so that people wont feel bad.

I agree since I loved seeing stats and comparing with my friends. Now I cant see those things anymore.
#10ArtosRCPosted 2/5/2013 1:31:15 AM(edited)
I had 1337 Elo and let it sit there, primarily because I felt that it was a novelty. Now I am forced to play ranked games, simply because I cannot stand the thought of dropping a tier/division/whatever the nomenclature is.

This is especially difficult to do on my laptop, what with travel.

Damn you, Riot, for making this something like a job.
---
This is fact and cannot be disputed.
http://i48.tinypic.com/xkx5kw.gif http://i48.tinypic.com/2lmp349.jpg