Should you be able to reset your elo ? (Poll)

#1HempitupPosted 2/5/2013 10:34:31 AM
Should you be able to reset your elo ? - Results (123 votes)
Yes and it should be free with a 1-2 month cooldown
16.26% (20 votes)
Yes but with a IP or RP cost (With 1-2 month cooldown)
10.57% (13 votes)
Yes but with a RP cost only (No cooldown)
1.63% (2 votes)
Yes but with a RP cost only (With 1-2 month cooldown)
6.5% (8 votes)
No because if you are in elo "hell" you deserve to die there. 4EVAH!!!
63.41% (78 votes)
Other: Please share :D
1.63% (2 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Top and Poll explains it good

My little brother played rank in preseason 3 thinking that when S3 would hit it would reset the ladders. He didn't look up on the forums for official post because we all knew that it wasn't going to reset.

So he started to play rank didn't really care about his placement or winning or losing. So now S3 hits and he got ranked in Bronze division 5. So needless to say he ain't very happy because he did not play at his best thinking that it would reset. Now he would like to reset his elo.

I don't play ranked but i do think that resetting you're elo is a good idea. More people would play rank because there not "afraid" to be stuck for ever in low elo because they started to play too "early"(didn't know about all the champ, all the game mechanics, all the items...). And i think they would make ranked game a bit less tense so maybe a bit less flaming in the community ..?

So with that said i do think that resetting elo is a good thing how to go about it is an other. Imo best way to do it is probably having a IP or RP reset and having a cooldown of 1-2 month on it. But hey that's just me.I do think that even if you are 1 year in low elo you do get better but maybe you do get bad teams so having a reset would give you a 2nd chance to get placed in a better elo. What do you guys/girls think ?

Tl;DR : Played like a dork so stuck in low elo should i be able to reset my ranking ?

/blogfaqs ?
---
I Don't Always Feed, But When I Do I Get Reported.
#2ssj4supervegetaPosted 2/5/2013 10:37:43 AM
its an interesting idea but i think you should only be able to do it after like...half of the season is done. the idea being "i was a noob back then but now im good! i swear!" and you get one chance to reset it after half of the season (if you started at the begining of the season only)
free of course.
---
LoL summoner: Vejitables
Bromaciaaaaaaaaaaaa!
#3Quiet_NoisePosted 2/5/2013 10:40:04 AM
Reset seems awful, because you'll have low skilled players using it as a crutch. Some will get lucky, get carried in their new placements, then wind up in Silver or Gold and have no idea what to do.

This coming from someone who lost their first 8 placement matches and spent all of Season 2 just getting back to 1200. That experience taught me a lot. Namely, it was the game's way of saying, "get better, scrub."

Was 790ish back then. I was 1430 before new ranked system.
#4UnderwaterAirPosted 2/5/2013 10:41:24 AM
Other: There is no elo hell.
---
http://oi41.tinypic.com/9ht4ea.jpg
No matter which way you slice it you'll both be ending up in Hell!
#5Hempitup(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 10:44:09 AM
Quiet_Noise posted...
Reset seems awful, because you'll have low skilled players using it as a crutch. Some will get lucky, get carried in their new placements, then wind up in Silver or Gold and have no idea what to do.

This coming from someone who lost their first 8 placement matches and spent all of Season 2 just getting back to 1200. That experience taught me a lot. Namely, it was the game's way of saying, "get better, scrub."

Was 790ish back then. I was 1430 before new ranked system.

Wow good 4 you :D Gj !
Maybe it probably is the right way to do it.
But if they are really bad and are placed in Gold or Silver they will drop down if they don't deserve to be the just like you started to get better and raised up.
---
#6gfshynoblPosted 2/5/2013 10:47:02 AM
why would u play rank and not care?
---
EL fudge Mph:Africabot LoL:africabot
#7Hempitup(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 10:49:30 AM
gfshynobl posted...
why would u play rank and not care?

That's that i told him
---
#8Reaper_MinionPosted 2/5/2013 11:02:36 AM
Nope, that will result in an actual Elo hell.
---
/|\ http://i48.tinypic.com/2pzcsv7.jpg
\|/ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE7x0WLz7SY
#9angermngment101Posted 2/5/2013 11:05:16 AM
Why would you allow 500 elo noobs to play with 1200 elo noobs again? You really want to piss off people that actually belong in the 1200s?
---
Gamefax
#10BiglabronPosted 2/5/2013 11:21:16 AM
This isn't cod.
---
I don't always lose, but when I do it's purple sideu!!!